Search results for query: *

1. homerun79

Fairway Styles Discount Code?

I have heard mention of these in the past but couldn't find anything in a search. I'm thinking of making my first purchase from the site and hoping for some extra savings. Do we have any codes right now anyone knows of? Thanks!
  2. homerun79

Visiting Surprise, AZ in a month, need some golfers to play with!

Hey guys, just thought I'd throw this out there, I am heading to Surprise AZ on Feb 26, I am planning to play the local courses Thur/Fri/Sat. I was just going to stay local and do the Sun City Grand branded courses because I like the pricing and proximity to where I'm staying, but if there were...
  3. homerun79

What tee height do you like/recommend with the Taylormade R1?

Hey guys, did a search and nothing came up regarding this topic, I'm interested to know where the sweet spot on the club is so that I can optimize my drives and get my tee height working with that too... Right now I use the Blue Pride tees, 3.25"...
  4. homerun79

Searching for a waterproof shoe similar to Adidas Adicross

It seems this was a popular shoe with a lot of people including myself, the comfort is second to none for me, haven't tried the Adicross 2 yet though. Unfortunately up here in Canada I need waterproof shoes soon and these are not rated as such. Any suggestions of a waterproof, preferably...
  5. homerun79

Bubba Watson US Open Military Golf Shirt!

Wow this thing is incredible! And I'm Canadian! lol http://www.fairwaystyles.com/product/travis-mathew-bubba-us-open-shirt-green-limited-edition-3721.cfm?vendorId=19&gender=Men&departmentID=10018&start_row=1
  6. homerun79

Using a Driver with a 1deg open face and how to setup to it!

I just bought my buddies Titleist 909D3 and I understand it is 1 degree open, what is the typical way a player aligns it to the ball? Im used to lining the face up square to my target, but it's a little more awkward with this open face...Do people line it up 1 degree open then compensate...
  7. homerun79

What's the optimal driver launch angle!

I was hitting the TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 (9.5 Stiff) at Golf Town last week and their out of date simulator was telling me a ball speed of 170 or so which their conversion chart told me that is a swing speed around 110. The launch angle was averaging around 10 or 11 degrees on these...
  8. homerun79

Is GOLFCLUBS365.COM legit?

Has anyone used this site for purchases before? I'm planning on using their price to have Golf Town Canada match it! http://www.golfclubs365.com/goods-422-TaylorMade+Burner+Superfast+20+TP+Driver.html Golf Town's canadian msrp is 449 on this model. My buddy went in Golf Town last nite with...
  9. homerun79

How do you keep your hands warm in the winter up north!

We are already down to zero degrees celsius here in BC, borderline too cold to play for me, but I'm sure I would've gone out today if the snow had melted! Recently I tried those little pouches of sand that you shake and they produce heat for a few hours, I liked those, convenient to just put...
  10. homerun79

Dropped my R9 driver on the cart path! @#!$

My baby took some damage on the toe side edge of the crown :((( is there anything other than a sharpie that anyone has tried to hide the scratches? Would a golf shop be able to send it out for a repair/paint touch up? Thanks
  11. homerun79

European broadcast crew VS US crew

Does anyone else enjoy some of the uniqueness I see in the European team as opposed to the US tour guys? The production values I saw in the opening of the broadcast with the Chinese themed music and the intro is fantastic, as well as the super slo mo replays at the end of the broadcast. Much...
  12. homerun79

Who's swing on tour is your favorite and why?

The title sums it up, I just found myself really impressed with Luke Donald's swing on the HSBC...So smooth, so consistant and the high finish is unique I like it! Who's swing(s) are you guys a fan of and why? Cheers
  13. homerun79

Optimal setup for a specific driver loft

Hope this is the right forum for this :) I have an R9 with 10.5 loft, I have a good swing speed (swinging slower lately, so I'm not sure what it is, probably 100-110), I wanted 9.5 but they were sold out on a deal so I just grabbed 10.5. It doesn't go much further than my 3 wood @ 15 degrees...
  14. homerun79

Getting the right width of golf shoe!

Just thought I'd share my experience with some FJ shoes, because I wore a pair of Contours for the last year in size 10 Regular/Medium, and I just replaced them with the 2011 model. I chose Wide this time because FJ's site had a shoe fitting tip that says, if the width of the lacing area is...
  15. homerun79

Using a heavier putter on slow greens

Play a round yesterday on some slow greens, I think their stimp rating said 6 or so on the sign. I seem to have a hard time getting the ball to the hole, my brain is programmed for faster greens it feels like lol... Some discussions online are 50/50 on the idea of a heavier putter, some...
  16. homerun79

FJ Shoe recommendations please!

o now that I've learned I can replace my waterlogged FJ's with new ones, I'm checking out the other models they offer instead of just getting another pair of Contours. The contours are amazingly comfy, but I'm fighting the lack of stability they offer with my higher swing speed. Can anyone...
Back