Your Last Chip In?

1 week ago. Par saving chip about 5 yards total distance.

My last chip in was today. Missed just right on a par 3 about 6 yards off the green. proceeded to duff my wedge 3 yards. Gather myself and just think let's put this in as it was a short chip of maybe 15 feet that was breaking 8 inches right to left. Put it right in the hole with what I would consider a perfectly weighted shot. Interesting way to save par, but no pictures on the scorecard.

I thought we had that hole won. Then you do that and force me to make a 20 footer to halve the hole haha. Hell of a chip shot there!
And yes, hell of a putt by you, sir! That was an insane finish to that hole.

Tuesday.....Bedford Hills GC, Temperance, Michigan.....11th hole, after a crappy second shot left me a chip about 20 feet over a mound. Turned a potential bogey
into a birdie!!!

Had another. Pitch in from 80 yards today with the 11 iron. I love that damn thing.

Today I chipped in from just off the front of the green for birdie On hole 4. It had been awhile since that happened.

2 this weekend.

Shot 1. Bad tee shot saved by a great chip onto the green that rolled in

1708927036486.png

Shot 2. Wasted drive or so I thought. The SW was a little aggressive as it rolled off the back of the green but chipped in again for another birdie.

1708927101307.png

I had a chip in for eagle in a scramble with my dad (though we used all my shots)..about 15 yards, down a big slope. hit a nice low chip with a PW ..this was a couple months ago, but it was nice

I just had one in my last round a week ago. 5 yards off the green after my lob wedge was long. The ball hit, checked and trickled into the hole. Lucky shot.

IMG_6454.png

Its been a while since I last holed out from off the green. But on the other hand. With this new 64⁰ wedge and the Lean Lock putter I am getting up and down 84% of the time over the last 9 rounds. That's a lot of par saves.

crazy way to start a day, stuffed a ball into a tree, pulled a wedge, decelerated a thick chip, then chipped in.

1708953223370.png

Greenside from the bunker today for birdie on #15 at Emerald Valley. Before that was a short chip-in for birdie from just short of the green on #16 at the Sheep Ranch on February 1st.

I don't think I've chipped in yet in 2024.

Time to get working on that, methinks.
I think I only had one in 2023.. it was a down year for me. Time to get my chipping back on point!!

I had two in one round this past weekend.

Fourth hole. Came up short with a fatted iron shot. Ball in the fairway, 32 yards short of the hole. Chipped it with a 9-iron, rolled onto the green and into the hole. It was pretty cool because I actually had to play over 10 feet of break up and over a ridge.

Fourteenth hole. Hardly counts as a chip-in since I just used my putter from about 20 yards out, felt more like holing a 60-foot birdie putt but it was 10 yards off the green so I guess it's a legit chip-in.

Here's the weird thing. In between those two chip-ins, on the eleventh hole, I had to kill a few minutes waiting on the next tee to clear. So I stopped and chipped for a while around the eleventh green. Had another 9-iron chip-in there while I was practicing. Wish I could chip that well every day.

On Sunday .... chipped in for birdie on the 2nd hole, Par 3. (y)

February 2. Sand wedge. IMG_3864.png

During The Match this Monday one of the interviewers referred to a 100-yard approach shot by Rory as a "chip". Did you laugh like I did?

I chipped in from about 15-20 yards on Saturday.

I feel like I’m due! I’ve been chipping up inside 18inches a lot lately but can’t get anything to drop.

Back