Your Last Chip In?

i don’t chip in often, but i did today and it was for eagle

I chipped in for birdie twice in my league last night. I hadn’t chipped in for quite a while so doing it twice in four holes was pretty funny.

Gotta be going on at least 2 years ago during COVID from around 30 yards out in thick rough and was orgasmic. This past Sunday if you count the practice green lol

Couple of weeks ago at the company outing. a bit off the green in the sticky wet rough, hit a sand wedge hoping to just get it on. Popped it up, and watched it roll about 20 feet and just plop in.

I holed out from a greenside bunker on July 26th and bettered it the next day with a HIO on the 2nd hole at my home course from 163 yards. :) I only had one witness and he just made an ace on the same hole last Friday. :LOL:

Two days ago… Chip in for birdie. About 4 feet below the green and 5 yards off of it. 59* Edison wedge hit the front of the green and rolled straight in.

Had one today. After smoking my drive I had 65 yards left. Ball was 1 foot off the fairway in the rough with a slight side hill lie. It landed just on the green and rolled in for an eagle 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today. Hit a nice drive, laid the sod over the ball with a 5-iron, and fluffed a 60 wedge short of the green. 54* came through from 15 yards for par.

after about 5 years I popped one in from 40yds last week. Playing in our League Wed, Par 3. Tee shot short of green but in the channel. Huge green and back pin placement. Just wanted to get it close and then...........BAM........ rolled into the cup.

Today. Technically a putt from the fringe but still a zero-putt green for a par.

Had one today in a warm up 9-holes for a league playoff tonight. An 80-foot chip in from the greenside rough on the 15th hole for birdie.

I've had 4 so far this season -mostly chips from short range. But nothing since August

Today, putt from the collar for bogey.

Holed out from the sand in late August for birdie. Second hole out from the sand ever in my 25+ years of playing.

Today. 25 yard chip. It was glorious.

On my 2nd hole today (#11), I was about 100 out and hit my wedge fat. Walked up to my ball cussing myself. Hit a beautiful little chip from 26 yards. It landed left on a slope and trickled right down into the hole for a bird. Should have stopped the round after that. My putter was OFF today.

Screenshot_20230914_201850_Garmin Golf.jpg

I chip in from just off the green pretty regularly, but I haven't chipped in from any significant distance for almost 4 years. 156 yards out from a side hill lie, hit 8-iron, landed left of the hole and spun in.

Hadn't chipped in for quite a while, lots of near misses. But one finally dropped yesterday.

Was pin-high right in light rough, only about 25' to the hole and through maybe 10' of rough/fringe. Gripped down to the metal on PW and played it toe-down. I didn't think it had a chance to get there, let alone turn left. Side door bird. Fun.

Sunday, I chipped in a 25 footer for par.

I chipped in last Tuesday for birdie. Today, a week later, same hole very similar location. Chip in for par.

Hit my second shot just off the green in the rough pin high about 25 yards away. Chipped in for eagle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't had one in a round in quite some time but after my last round I went out for some short game work and chipped in two in a row and had several more in the 45 minutes of chipping. I need to practice it more!

Hit one today for my 1st of the year.
About 10' off the green about 25 feet up and about 3' to the right.
Hit it just where I wanted and it rolled right in.

In the second round of our club championship this weekend, I yanked my tee shot a country mile left on a 176 yard par 3. After a cart path bounce and nearly killing a group on an adjacent tee I was left with a 40 yard chip that needed to stay low under a tree, navigate a slope short of the green and then stop on a severely sloped away green. Duffed my first chip about halfway there, frustratedly stepped to the ball and took a swing, stayed low, hit the face of the slope, rolled down the green, center punched the stick with moderate pace and dropped for par. Just like we drew it up!

Chipped in for birdie on #6 today. Hit the green with my approach shot but it rolled through the green and settled in the rough about 6 feet back of the green, shortsided to a back pin with the green running away from me. Delicate little chip with my 58° Jaws Raw Full Toe and holed it for birdie on the #1 handicap/Stroke Index hole on the course.

Back