Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

I had the opportunity today to go to the local PGATSS to try out Wilson Fit AI. The area rep, Jeff is fantastic. I've run into him at various fitting days and he is always gracious and knows his products. He explained how things would go, took some measurements and let me warm up. I hit five shots, six actually, one we won't talk about. By the time I took the last swing he had the data on his IPAD.
FIT AI suggested DP Forged, Recoil Dart 75, Senior Flex. 2 degree up and .50 added to the length. I've never played graphite shafts in irons but excited to know whats best for me.I'll be ordering these within the next couple of months, IRS willing.
Also hit the new ZM wedge and the DP Hybrid. I'm buying the wedges as soon as inventory catches up. Loved how quick it went. Even got some free Triads. Great experience and solidified my feeling that Wilson has figured some stuff out.
Very cool. Were they able to send you the results via email?

Very cool. Were they able to send you the results via email?
I’m not sure as a general rule they do automatically. I asked the rep and he graciously did. I think it would be wise for them to do it every time. I’m planning to use it when I can afford to buy them.

I’m not sure as a general rule they do automatically. I asked the rep and he graciously did. I think it would be wise for them to do it every time. I’m planning to use it when I can afford to buy them.
Were you able to hit the irons in addition the FIT AI?

Were you able to hit the irons in addition the FIT AI?
Glad you asked. Forgot to say that. Jeff had the correct shaft, of course not with the little extra length. He put it together for me. It felt light on the first swing. By the fifth, I was in love.I was hitting it about 150-155 with a little draw and it felt easy. I wish I had hit the 3W which just got a best in 2024 from another site.

Glad you asked. Forgot to say that. Jeff had the correct shaft, of course not with the little extra length. He put it together for me. It felt light on the first swing. By the fifth, I was in love.I was hitting it about 150-155 with a little draw and it felt easy. I wish I had hit the 3W which just got a best in 2024 from another site.
Nice. They'll feel a bit more standard weight at the increased length too.

@Hawk I am SO freaking excited you are bringing these. I'm eager to hit them and experience the sound/feel above all else. I'm curious.

I wish these spun more for me because they checked so many boxes.

@Hawk I am SO freaking excited you are bringing these. I'm eager to hit them and experience the sound/feel above all else. I'm curious.
Luckily the shaft won't break 👾

I'm curious about how you feel about sound/feel between the slot irons and the solid ones. I do see some difference, but I'm thinking it gets a little more evident at higher speeds.

I'm super excited to give them a go.

Don't use an AVX 😂
wait...you think a ball change can help spin? You one crazy MoFo.

It's the easiest change a player can make and yet everyone spends money on finding the perfect shaft.

Luckily the shaft won't break 👾

I'm curious about how you feel about sound/feel between the slot irons and the solid ones. I do see some difference, but I'm thinking it gets a little more evident at higher speeds.
That is my biggest curiosity honestly, more than anything else, because there are a LOT of slots hahaha

Unless a ProV1 spins 2000+ more than the AVX, I don’t think it would matter. 🤣
Oh, it matters, there are also more options out there than ProV1 my dude. ;)

I'm super excited to give them a go.
Yep, very excited. I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to hit the long irons.

Unless a ProV1 spins 2000+ more than the AVX, I don’t think it would matter. 🤣
I think you'd be surprised what you could accomplish with ball. Not 2000+ obviously, but the AVX is about as extreme a specialty ball as exists imo. I just don't know if I'd consider your experience a reliable way to just discount these based on spin. Hit them outside with a better matched ball and I bet you see a big difference.

Any love for the new Wilson wedges?
I have played several of the prior versions of their wedges. I will be buying these but want to see what loft and bounce i need.

Back