Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

With the DART re-shaft, it's officially official that these will be my 2024 irons. While I'm not ultra-picky on size and shape (to an extent), after spending time with these and then having them in the shop for a week I found myself really missing them. The compact look is actually confidence inspiring to me. They give off a precision feel (if precision exists in my world lol), but I also know I have some extra pop and forgiveness due to the technology. I'll likely still go 7-PW, but I did shaft up the 6 iron in case I have to put it in play. Having the slots definitely makes that more doable if it comes to it.
Looking forward to see how this shaft/head combination works out.

Can’t wait to try these!

Beautiful combination with the grips and shaft. I’m anxious to see and read about the ZM wedge. Hopefully it rounds out a nice line.

I'm so enamored with how these feel right now. Like I find myself sneaking away to just hit a few balls whenever I get a chance. Adding Recoil DART into the picture was such a positive as fas as that goes. Helps that I've been hitting the center of the face a bit more. I had a chance to watch my kid hit a few and the sound was really impressive as well.

These look so good. And having hit the D9 Forged, I know they perform... For a minute, they were going to go in the bag but I read your CBX XL write up and decided to give Cleveland a go... I guess the door is isn't shut on these but I'm gonna try and behave this year :LOL:
There's always room for more 😂

If these hadn't come around, the XL's would have been a strong contender. Biggest downside of them is I only have the 5/7/9.

These look shockingly great from address.
So good. That bit of roundness on the leading edge, which I typically don't love, just disappears on the ground too. They aren't tiny, but they are tiny compared to anything I've played in the last couple years.

So good. That bit of roundness on the leading edge, which I typically don't love, just disappears on the ground too. They aren't tiny, but they are tiny compared to anything I've played in the last couple years.
The topline is shockingly good.

The topline is shockingly good.
Nice mid-width sole too. Pretty short heel/toe as well. They did really good with this iron.

Nice mid-width sole too. Pretty short heel/toe as well. They did really good with this iron.
I hate it when they give me hope.

I hope these irons are as good as I have made them out to be in my mind.

I want them.

I hope these irons are as good as I have made them out to be in my mind.
Lots to like about them for sure. Can confirm they still hit bad shots unfortunately. I'm sure they are much more disappointed in me than I ever will be in them.
I want them.
We've already played the same set of irons once this season and it's only March. Let's make it two.

I look forward to getting some swings in with them soon. See if I too can validate @Hawk. I’m sure @Jman is game for this.

Imma hit them HARD.
Knockout Today GIF

Make sure you leave a comment there with the link to our review, ya know to validate them
This is the way

I pulled this randomly out the bag to loosen up with before hybrid shopping. It felt fantastic. If chrome was my jam the ponder mode would have been engaged.

I pulled this randomly out the bag to loosen up with before hybrid shopping. It felt fantastic. If chrome was my jam the ponder mode would have been engaged.
It’s the best feeling club I’ve hit lately. Better than those Miuras.

Just got the DP Forged back from getting the lie angles adjusted. Was noticing the toe pulling and toe-side contact. Went 2 degrees up and saw some immediate improvement with where I was making contact.

One interesting note is that the 7 was 1 degree flat and the 8,9, and PW were all the same exact lie angle (64 degrees). Good reminder to check your lie angle.

I had the opportunity today to go to the local PGATSS to try out Wilson Fit AI. The area rep, Jeff is fantastic. I've run into him at various fitting days and he is always gracious and knows his products. He explained how things would go, took some measurements and let me warm up. I hit five shots, six actually, one we won't talk about. By the time I took the last swing he had the data on his IPAD.
FIT AI suggested DP Forged, Recoil Dart 75, Senior Flex. 2 degree up and .50 added to the length. I've never played graphite shafts in irons but excited to know whats best for me.I'll be ordering these within the next couple of months, IRS willing.
Also hit the new ZM wedge and the DP Hybrid. I'm buying the wedges as soon as inventory catches up. Loved how quick it went. Even got some free Triads. Great experience and solidified my feeling that Wilson has figured some stuff out.

Last edited:
Back