Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

Has anyone seen (or tried) a comparison to D9 Forged?
Sorry, I have not.

To me they appear quite similar, though I would expect a little more toe forgiveness on the DPF.

The feedback in Hawk’s review of these still has me wanting to go hit the CB’s. These seem excellent for the lane they’re in, so I can’t help but wonder about the other lanes.

Again, well done Hawk.

The feedback in Hawk’s review of these still has me wanting to go hit the CB’s. These seem excellent for the lane they’re in, so I can’t help but wonder about the other lanes.

Again, well done Hawk.
Thanks my man.

Everything I've seen out there seems to indicate a solid performing forged lineup from them this year, which shouldn't be surprising I guess. I'm at a decision point here, because the graphite conversion is happening. Basically, whatever I pick is what I'm committing to for 2024 and these are a top two option.

Thanks my man.

Everything I've seen out there seems to indicate a solid performing forged lineup from them this year, which shouldn't be surprising I guess. I'm at a decision point here, because the graphite conversion is happening. Basically, whatever I pick is what I'm committing to for 2024 and these are a top two option.
That says a TON to me.

I look forward to hitting them in April 😜

Sorry, I have not.

To me they appear quite similar, though I would expect a little more toe forgiveness on the DPF.

Oh no, I tend to hit it on the toe. Was hoping not to have to change my D9F but now I might have to 😀.

Oh no, I tend to hit it on the toe. Was hoping not to have to change my D9F but now I might have to 😀.
Ha - don’t we all. With the Fit AI out there now I’d definitely recommend giving them a try.

I was just on the Wilson site looking around. The Dynapower Forged irons are showing "Out Of Stock" for the 5, 8-GW. Just seems odd. Why are the 6 & 7 irons plentiful?

after watching the CC (TXG) review, i am very tempted to try these.

I was just on the Wilson site looking around. The Dynapower Forged irons are showing "Out Of Stock" for the 5, 8-GW. Just seems odd. Why are the 6 & 7 irons plentiful?
Blended sets perhaps.

You absolutely should give them some swings.
Did you perhaps get any info on their new wedge. I checked with Wilson and was told it ships in March but wondered if perhaps you hit it along with the other clubs. I have had good luck with their wedge previously.

Did you perhaps get any info on their new wedge. I checked with Wilson and was told it ships in March but wondered if perhaps you hit it along with the other clubs. I have had good luck with their wedge previously.
We haven't got them in yet, but I'm guessing we will at some point. Will definitely keep you posted.

Maybe to sell as trial clubs?

I am taking these irons in to be reshafted into some Dart 90's on Friday. I'm guessing they'll be done by mid-week. The funny thing is that I am really not wanting to do this, because it means I'll have to use other irons for a few days.

I am taking these irons in to be reshafted into some Dart 90's on Friday. I'm guessing they'll be done by mid-week. The funny thing is that I am really not wanting to do this, because it means I'll have to use other irons for a few days.
So why are you reshafting. Did you like the Darts?

Ooops I missread. You are going into Darts. How did you like the club thus far.

Last edited:
excited to hear how you like the change to the darts. I need to get back to graphite.

So why are you reshafting. Did you like the Darts?

Ooops I missread. You are going into Darts. How did you like the club thus far.
I like them enough I plan to make them my “default” 2024 irons, meaning I’ll play them when I’m not reviewing something else. Plenty to like about them.

IMG_1833.jpeg

YES!!!

I don't know why but the classic crossline grip just adds to the look for me @Hawk Makes me feel like it's a classic Wilson

YES!!!

I don't know why but the classic crossline grip just adds to the look for me @Hawk Makes me feel like it's a classic Wilson
It was an easy choice. My options were really limited. The shop was waiting on a big grip order and these were the only reasonably priced option that I could live with. They originally had gray Crossline 360's, which looked great too, but it's a really classic look and pairs perfectly with the DART.

With the DART re-shaft, it's officially official that these will be my 2024 irons. While I'm not ultra-picky on size and shape (to an extent), after spending time with these and then having them in the shop for a week I found myself really missing them. The compact look is actually confidence inspiring to me. They give off a precision feel (if precision exists in my world lol), but I also know I have some extra pop and forgiveness due to the technology. I'll likely still go 7-PW, but I did shaft up the 6 iron in case I have to put it in play. Having the slots definitely makes that more doable if it comes to it.

With the DART re-shaft, it's officially official that these will be my 2024 irons. While I'm not ultra-picky on size and shape (to an extent), after spending time with these and then having them in the shop for a week I found myself really missing them. The compact look is actually confidence inspiring to me. They give off a precision feel (if precision exists in my world lol), but I also know I have some extra pop and forgiveness due to the technology. I'll likely still go 7-PW, but I did shaft up the 6 iron in case I have to put it in play. Having the slots definitely makes that more doable if it comes to it.
I'm really excited to see them in person. I feel like WS has gone from exciting releases, to a big old lul, and now they are back with some killer irons this year that hit several demos.

I'm really excited to see them in person. I feel like WS has gone from exciting releases, to a big old lul, and now they are back with some killer irons this year that hit several demos.
It took them a while to roll out the whole Dynapower thing, which I think kind of hurt them early on. With the initial iron release being so oversized (and unlike what we might have expected given the DP name), it's nice to see they've managed to build something for every type of player.

There's always a tradeoff in this category. You're going to give up a little for the reduction in size, but they've managed to balance it really well. I'm not giving up much for the look and feel I prefer imo.

Back