Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A year into their reimagined Dynapowr campaign, Wilson Golf has dropped a full line of metalwoods, a set of game improvement irons, and just a few weeks ago announced the new Staff Model CB and Blade irons. That’s a bunch of golf clubs, but there was still a hole in the lineup for players looking for enhanced forgiveness and distance in a smaller-sized iron. The so-called “players distance” category is incredibly popular this day and age, but last year’s Dynapower irons didn’t really check the necessary boxes to qualify. Luckily for Wilson fans, the company’s final piece of the puzzle is here – the Dynapower Forged irons.

Continue reading...

If they're anything like the D9 Forged, they'll be a great set of irons... And go largely unnoticed by the majority of golfers.

Nice write up, Hawk.

These are pretty. great article.
How many irons do they consider a set? $$$ea
I hope people don’t under estimate the quality and play-ability of Wilson clubs.

Excellent write up Hawk. I really want to see that AI Fitting in action.

• Staff
I hope people don’t under estimate the quality and play-ability of Wilson clubs.
They normally give that information, but didn't this time. I believe they usually go with a 4-PW for the CB/Blade release, but kind of doubt they would do that with this one.

Nice writeup @Hawk

I really liked my D7 Forged I had a few years ago and imagine these are so much better.

Also interesting to see where Harry ended up.

7 piece set.
5-PW, GW

I’ve been waiting on this release. I was very impressed by the standard DYNAPWR irons, but felt like there was something that could be done to hone them in. I’m hoping the DYNAPWR Forged irons are that. They looked great when I saw them two weeks ago.

Great article, loads of information. Is there a chance that these will ship with the new shield. Blade, CB and the new wedge all have the updated shield. It makes no sense to have two different logos on newly launched products. Otherwise, I love the look of the clubs.

Thanks Hawk,

Great write up. I have a bit of a cold dead hands view of my C300 forged, but if there is a replacement on the horizon, these would be the front runner.

I’ve been waiting on this release. I was very impressed by the standard DYNAPWR irons, but felt like there was something that could be done to hone them in. I’m hoping the DYNAPWR Forged irons are that. They looked great when I saw them two weeks ago.
Still pretty early (got them in 36 hours before I need to have this submitted), but early impressions are very positive.
Great article, loads of information. Is there a chance that these will ship with the new shield. Blade, CB and the new wedge all have the updated shield. It makes no sense to have two different logos on newly launched products. Otherwise, I love the look of the clubs.
What you see is what will be shipped. I agree 100%. Not a dealbreaker obviously, but a missed opportunity in some ways.

Pretty slick, although I'm not wild about the chrome. Nice write-up @Hawk, I will gladly sign the petition about the name change of Speed Holes.

Pretty slick, although I'm not wild about the chrome. Nice write-up @Hawk, I will gladly sign the petition about the name change of Speed Holes.
Yea, I know chrome can be really hit or miss with people these days. I have a long time thing going on w/ Wilson irons, so to me it just is part of the deal. At this point, would almost seem wrong to not have that look from them.

I mentioned in the CB/Blade review how the FG Tour V2's I played for so long were all chattered up by the time I retired them. Oddly enough, I actually have some great memories of that look.

Nice Write up @Hawk
Just seem like no one does "Chrome" like Wilson does - Just so shiny. I like it.
Tough category to try to break through on unless you have a real good product.

Great write up Ryan!

These look pretty nice. Seems like they are packing tech in here with the variable face thickness, the holes in the top, etc.

All at a competitive price point

These look pretty sharp. I understand the tech but I still dont love the look in the bag of the power holes. That said, these would get a look if I was iron shopping this spring.

Well written. Good work

Nice writeup across the board, @Hawk. I still think I prefer the looks of the D7/D9 forged but that's a minor nitpick. I'm sure the performance is there with this release. W/S irons have always just worked for me off the shelf, which I've always appreciated. I personally didn't find the Power Holes in the C300s to be any worse than the C200s, but that's me.

In honor of @Golfers Anonymous I spent about 20 minutes trying to get a decent shot at address with a golf ball.

Sarcastic Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Chrome is always a tough sell to me. They look good from a design it’s the glare in the sun and such that always pushes me away for finishes.

Nice looking irons. Fit AI is interesting i wonder how accurate that can be. Nice review @Hawk as always!

I LOVE the chrome 😍

Just read elsewhere that these are $100 less than D9 Forged were when they were introduced. Plus, they are always offering 10% off on the Wilson website.That's a nice change.

Back