Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

You know how outspoken I am against polished chrome, I think its time has come and gone, but dammit if these didn't look really good still on the range at Briggs when I was hitting Hawk's 6 iron.
I was thinking the whole time while reading this about how annoying it is trying to keep them polished and keep the smudges off 🤣

I'll do chrome if these are as good as they seem to be, I mean they're Hawk's 2024 iron of choice.

Hahahaha, that had to be an oh crap moment.

I would like to see these next to ZX7's, I think these are shorter heel to toe.
That would have been my first picture comparison :LOL:

It's been awhile, but I'd agree offhand.

ZX4 MKII's, so a completely different class of forgiveness.
What are the early returns on launch comparing the two for you?

That would have been my first picture comparison :LOL:

It's one I will track down for sure for some pics. I truly think it is going to surprise a lot of people when they see them side by side with some of the more well thought of players irons sizes/shapes.

Looked at the custom option on Wilson Golf for graphite, SteelFiber is a $45 upcharge, KBS TGI & MAX are no additional cost & UST Recoil DART are $38 for weights over 90gm.

I'm going to try the Dart tomorrow (not hit this one since it came out) but of I could do anything with these I'd be doing a dart build.

You have my attention
They are much smaller than the 4's. Really just two very different irons. Both have the place and I've enjoyed my time with both.

They are much smaller than the 4's. Really just two very different irons. Both have the place and I've enjoyed my time with both.
The Srixon irons are also quite low spin through the ZX series. I know the 7’s always shock me there.

The Srixon irons are also quite low spin through the ZX series. I know the 7’s always shock me there.
For sure. The 4's are little laser guns. I sure do love the hollow feel though.

For sure. The 4's are little laser guns. I sure do love the hollow feel though.
Speaking of 4….

I want the 4i in these for the forum review 👀

It's one I will track down for sure for some pics. I truly think it is going to surprise a lot of people when they see them side by side with some of the more well thought of players irons sizes/shapes.
What about offset?

Just reading more about these irons and I’m thoroughly impressed. Sounds like they could surprise a lot of golfers!

And yes, I do like the chrome!

What about offset?
Specs on site show 0.133” (3ish mm) for 5i, going down to 0.05” (1.3mm) at PW.

In comparison, the Staff Model CB is 0.100 at 5i and 0.05 at PW.

Yea, the offset is basically nothing, unless you're the most sensitive of the sensitive.

Hit these today they didn’t have many shaft options at PGASS were very limited. Hit them with the Dart 65s which are considerable lighter than what I use. I think these with KBS TGI 85s or a set of RT 95s would be a real player. Feel and sound were really good.

This is Dynappwer vs DarkSpeed. IMG_9159.jpegIMG_9158.jpegIMG_9158.jpeg

Dynapower vs T200IMG_9156.jpeg

Dynapower vs Cobra Forge Tec From comparisons I made today I’d say Wilson nailed it in the size department. From swings I took the also nailed the feel and sound IMO IMG_9155.jpeg

Dynapower vs Cobra Forge Tec From comparisons I made today I’d say Wilson nailed it in the size department. From swings I took the also nailed the feel and sound IMO View attachment 9260170
Appreciate the comparison pics there.

Appreciate the comparison pics there.
From all clubs I compared them to the Dynapower line is extremely well done. There have been other attempts to build a players distance iron where blade length got out of hand imo. Wilson nailed it with this release.

Last edited:
@Jman Alex Etches put these irons in his bag.

Back