TaylorMade Daytona Ghost Putter Contest

Nike Method 001:

I'm not always great with words.
I'm not always great with tempo.
I'm not always great with alignment.
I'm not always great with a putter.

With the Method 001, the only thing I need is a vision. The vision of the Method striking the ball with accuracy and purpose becomes a reality with the putter in hand. The dreams of the ball sinking to the bottom of the cup become expected rather than a wish.

Thank you so much THP and Taylormade for putting this fantastic contest on. I love reading the entries coming in.

WOW so many great putters to choose from! After doing some reading I am torn between the SeeMore Si1 or the Cleveland Bronze classic BRZ 4.5. As I a game a SeeMore and have rolled the Si1 I really like how it sets up to the ball and how it feels overall. I have not rolled a Cleveland so I can't comment much on it, other than what I have read.
so I would have to say the winner is the Cleveland Classic BRZ 4.5 Why? Well if I were to pick a putter that the most folks would be able to enjoy it would have to be this one. The price point makes it much more accesible for more folks I would think so this would have to be my best in show.

I like the Seemore SI1. I already have a Seemore FGP but I've been looking at this SI1 for a while now. It's one of the more reasonably priced Seemore putters and I've always liked center shafted putters. I had a problem squaring my previous putter but with the RST of Seemore, that is no longer a problem. All the reviews on this putter were very positive.

That SeeMore alignment aid is winning me over too. I played with it in the store only, but having watched only a couple vids on the SeeMore site, I was able to sink putts with it almost immediately.

My Best in Show is:

The Cleveland Classic #2 Black

I currently game the original Cleveland Classic #2 putter and it is a great putter. I just don't think you can look anywhere else when you compare the great feel with the great price, plus it has a nice clean look at address. Before I bought the putter I tried most of the major brands and I kept on coming back to the Cleveland Classic. In my opinion, this putter is overlooked and more golfers need to test this putter.

Thanks for the great contest and the radio show was a great listen.

I choose the never compromise gambler mostly on pictures I've seen but also that the playtesters really liked it. I think it's unique and not overly factoring looking like most putters...ahem Odyssey ahem. Plus I'm from Vegas!

My choice would have to be the Taylormade Daytona Ghost.

I love the looks of the white head.
I'm already swinging the Monza Spider, so the Ghost would be a good Yang to my Spider's Ying.
The 2 completely different looks would be a fantastic option to go to when the Spider doesn't feel right.

The best in show to me is...... Odyssey Tour Black #9.

I think this is one of the best looking putters I have ever seen and the mid-mallet style is the best for my game (currently gaming a similar style). All the thoughts by the testers were incredibly positive and made me want to run to the store and buy one NOW. I find Odyssey putters to be great in general and the Odyssey Tour Black #9 seems to be no exception. Also to send the Odyssey Tour Black #9 to Vibrant and get a pearl white shaft with a black grip would be a must.

Thank you again to THP and TaylorMade for a another great contest.

I'm going to have to go with The Never Compromise Gambler Flush- it just looks so sick. Thanks for putting these contests on THP!

Odyssey Tour Black #9
That is my pick! From what you guys wrote, this one was agreed to be "soft", which matches my putter the best... And something that I have become used to, and learned to love.
If the weight is right, a bit on the heavy side, and it's soft, it's right for me!

lots of great selections so far from everyone! if you haven't done so yet, don't forget to get in on this one.

Man TM is going to have their hands full choosing this! Tons of entries. I'm naming mine "Casper" if i win! I mean WHEN i win lol. To celebrate I would vibrantize the shaft too a brigt white!

But in reality i know this is isn't my strong suit- so winning a contest like this would be an absolute longshot.. P4B article comes to mind, or supertuna!

Last edited:
Never Compromise Gambler (Flush)

Now this one was tough for me, since I haven't seen most of these putters and there didn't seem to be a "master list" anywhere in the thread. So I did a little investigating around the web as well. Between the rave reviews on the Boat, and some spy shots that were out in the wild on the web, I was amazed with the look of the Never Compromise Gambler line. I haven't cared for their prior putters, but these are truly works of art and completely unexpected. Great attention to detail, fantastic lines and stampings. And being a mallet guy, the Flush was the only one I've been able to confirm to be at least a mid-mallet so it gets the nod from me as Best in Show.

I can't wait to see this one in person!

This is tough. I would be thrilled to receive ANY of the tested putters. If it was my money on the line however, My best in show would be the:

Cleveland Classic #2 Black

In these days of inflated prices, crazy gimmicks and wild promises of features that can turn you into a god of the flat stick, it is refreshing to find a company that is offering a simple quality piece of golf equipment for such a reasonable price. The Cleveland Classic #2 Black takes a beautiful tour proven shape and makes it affordable for most anyone. While anyone can find a cheap putter, what separates this mallet from the dime store versions out there is it's feel, function and aesthetics.

The feel. Like most stainless steel putters, it is somewhat clicky off the face compared to the many insert putters that dominate the market. It is like walking barefoot. It is not the softest way to go, but it allows an unadulterated feedback of the shot. Off the toe? You will know it. Putt is too much on the upswing and caught somewhat thin? Loud and clear. Right in the middle of the face taking perfect advantage of the putters lie/loft? You will be rewarded with a euphoric report that will light up the pleasure center of any golfer's brain like it is the Fourth of July.

The Function The true roll that is imparted on the ball from this putter is remarkable. Alignment is made easy with a single line that fits the simplicity theme of the putter. During my personal testing, I found that the ball seemed to jump more off the face than most putters. This seems conducive to a more deliberate controlled swing that focuses on tempo and leads to better strokes. The impeccable roll and easy alignment set up by such a simple silhouette only leads to more confidence with each stroke. Confidence leads to more holed putts from farther distances. Need I say more?

The Aesthetics How do you improve upon a time tested form as the #2? Add a classy beautiful finish! The black gives this putter a regal look that scoffs at it's meager price tag. Besides the anti glare property that the finish gives, it just looks beautiful. More Anne Hathaway than Samantha Fox. More tuxedo than bright leisure suit.

To summarize, I can't think of a reason NOT to buy this putter. Set your preconceived notions aside about getting what you pay for just this one time and you won't be sorry. Buy one of these and play 18 holes at a muni during twilight a couple of times to make up the cost. Your short game will thank you and your playing partners will envy your putting.

Last edited:
Lots of incredible stuff in this thread. You guys are awesome!

Lots of incredible stuff in this thread. You guys are awesome!

Some people really stepped up their game for this one. Next time, I'm going to have to work a little harder I think.

Some people really stepped up their game for this one. Next time, I'm going to have to work a little harder I think.

Some really great entries. It will be interesting to see who wins. Glad this one got a lot of entries. Lets keep that up.

I'm naming mine "Casper" if i win!

I see your Casper and raise you a Storm Trooper heh :D

this is an awesome contest. I like the TaylorMade Ghost, I think it will mentally get you concentrating on hitting it square.

Some seriously good entries everyone! I'm going to have to have my next contest entry "ghost written" or something. (Yes, pun intended)

My best in show is the TM Daytona Ghost.

I picked this because I am already using a blade putter and with my next putter I've been wanting an insert. I need the all of the help that this putter can give me with the alignment. I love it that this putter is white because I like being different and like to stand out on the course. Last year I was at my grandparents house in North Carolina for Thanksgiving and my dad and I ran by a Dicks Sporting Goods.I went over to the golf section. At this time I had a US Kids putter and I was looking for a new one. They were having a deal where you could get any 2 wedges, 2 putters, or wedge and putter on selcet TM equipment. I picked up the Taylormade Rosa that looked just like this without an insert and wasn't white and was sinking puts left and right. I wanted that putter. Sadly they didn't have any left handed wedges left and my dad didn't want a new putter. I left the store empty handed. I think that this putter can help me get my short game back together. This putter is amazing looking and by what you guys said, even better rolling. Just what I need to finally break 40!

My best in show is the TM Daytona Ghost.

I picked this because I am already using a blade putter and with my next putter I've been wanting an insert. I need the all of the help that this putter can give me with the alignment. I love it that this putter is white because I like being different and like to stand out on the course. Last year I was at my grandparents house in North Carolina for Thanksgiving and my dad and I ran by a Dicks Sporting Goods.I went over to the golf section. At this time I had a US Kids putter and I was looking for a new one. They were having a deal where you could get any 2 wedges, 2 putters, or wedge and putter on selcet TM equipment. I picked up the Taylormade Rosa that looked just like this without an insert and wasn't white and was sinking puts left and right. I wanted that putter. Sadly they didn't have any left handed wedges left and my dad didn't want a new putter. I left the store empty handed. I think that this putter can help me get my short game back together. This putter is amazing looking and by what you guys said, even better rolling. Just what I need to finally break 40!

or 50..... hehe! Great entry.

Well going off of the reviews posted and my prior experience my Best in Show has to be:

Bettinardi Studio Stock 5

Looks: Every Bettinardi made is a stunner. His craftsmanship in undeniable. What he has done with this years Studio Stock line is simply stunning. Having owned a Studio Stock last year I can say that his black ox finish is beautiful. This years Borealis Black finish has stepped up the notch to ludicrous levels. Add on the fact that he makes the best covers hands down(Kool Aid series) and the Studio Stock is the most stunning putter you can add to the bag.

Performance: Having rolled a few Bettinardi's I will have to say they are possibly the softest feeling putter I've had the fortune to roll. His FIT face technology not only feels very soft but it imparts a very true roll that inspires extreme confidence. Get fit and the gang at Studio B will make sure you have the perfect putter for your stroke. Can't get any better performance than that.

Bag envy: Alright I made up this category but we all know that feeling. You see some gear in someone else's bag and you wish it were in yours. This Bettinardi would create some serious cases of that dreaded disease. The finish is amazing. The FIT face is one of the cooler looking faces out there. Did I mention they make the absolute coolest covers available? This putter needs to find it's way to my bag by next year.

Back