TaylorMade Daytona Ghost Putter Contest

TC's Best in Show

Seemore's Si1

this is the putter that i spent all of my time with. it was recommended to me by the head putter fitter at seemore and i was fortunate that THP had one in LH. no way i thought i would benefit from a center shafted putter as i always assumed i would push putts with it, but i couldn't have been more wrong. after some brief instruction from JB i really began to understand the simplicity of this putter and the stroke it takes to make it effective.

the looks, finish and feel one gets from the Si1 is unparalleled. it offers the complete package, with the most important feature being positive results.

Taylor Made Daytona Ghost

I really like the underlying performance of the TM Daytona (and Kia Ma Daytona). The insert technology mated with the plumber's neck blade head is really appealing to me. Powdercoat white, may help the alignment, but it really sets it apart from other putters from a distance.

The white, to me, is a bit of an '80's Van Halen sunglasses look, but having the finish be matte against the green's green must help (not just for show).

That's why the Taylormade Daytona Ghost is my best of show.

(Honorable mention to Cleveland Golf's BRZ putter for best bang for the buck in show.)

Taylormade Daytona Ghost

I'm a big fan of Anser style putters and I find that having a putter that inspires confidence works for me. The first time I saw the Ghost, I immediately a fan, but it was the Corza model. The Daytona, in my opinion is as good as a putter can look to my eye. It's money.

Best in Show:

SeeMore Si1

I'm more of the CS type now and that putter is a thing of beauty. The finish is spectacular and after reading everyone raving about it (even the ones that are not typical CS putter guys) it has got my attention. Being that I also have a limited amount of funds the pricing is not so bad on it either so it'll have to contend for best bang of the buck category as well.

Thanks TM and THP!

good point spank, the Si1 is surprisingly affordable! now's one of those times where i wish i was more like OEM, haha

1. Done and done
2. SeeMore Si1.
3. I was part of the testing for both night and rolled what seemed just about every one that was available to roll. As an Equipment Tester I've tested a few different clubs but putters have eluded me. The THP Putter Shoot Out was a crash course in trying out and looking at many different styles and types of putters. Basically I lived this test. At the end of the day the SeeMore Si1 was the winner for me. The ironic thing is that I've never even rolled a center-shafted putter based on pure aesthetics alone. Heck I've never even lifted a SeeMore putter. Ever. However after rolling it indoors I came away very impressed with it and made a ton of putts with it. The icing on the cake for me was when I played with it for 27 holes the next day and the results speak for themselves. A 1.8 putts per hole average for the day and many a cup-lip burned to a crisp. Even my playing partners noticed how 'dialed in' I was with this putter. The feel and weighting were the best of the group by far and the confidence it inspired really encouraged a smooth putting stroke. It basically did everything for me but make the putt for me!

good point spank, the Si1 is surprisingly affordable! now's one of those times where i wish i was more like OEM, haha

Looking at photos and knowing SeeMore I thought this baby was going to be an arm and a leg but once again I was pleasantly surprised by the price point. Kudos to SeeMore for keeping it real for us non-serious golfers. :D

Edit: And I can buy one that's 31" :D

1. Done and done
2. SeeMore Si1.
3. I was part of the testing for both night and rolled what seemed just about every one that was available to roll. As an Equipment Tester I've tested a few different clubs but putters have eluded me. The THP Putter Shoot Out was a crash course in trying out and looking at many different styles and types of putters. Basically I lived this test. At the end of the day the SeeMore Si1 was the winner for me. The ironic thing is that I've never even rolled a center-shafted putter based on pure aesthetics alone. Heck I've never even lifted a SeeMore putter. Ever. However after rolling it indoors I came away very impressed with it and made a ton of putts with it. The icing on the cake for me was when I played with it for 27 holes the next day and the results speak for themselves. A 1.8 putts per hole average for the day and many a cup-lip burned to a crisp. Even my playing partners noticed how 'dialed in' I was with this putter. The feel and weighting were the best of the group by far and the confidence it inspired really encouraged a smooth putting stroke. It basically did everything for me but make the putt for me!

the proof is in the pudding, right?

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5

As JB said, possibly the best looking putter I've ever seen. Reports on the feel are unanimously excellent. If there was a Anser style putter that could convince me to quit using a Mallet, this would be the one. I had to go the First Look thread just to get another glimpse. Incredible milling, finish, and paintfill. Truly a work of art that made lots of putts for our testers.

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5

As JB said, possibly the best looking putter I've ever seen. Reports on the feel are unanimously excellent. If there was a Anser style putter that could convince me to quit using a Mallet, this would be the one. I had to go the First Look thread just to get another glimpse. Incredible milling, finish, and paintfill. Truly a work of art that made lots of putts for our testers.

i thought for sure you'd be all about the country club my man.

It's a cop-out, I know, but I have to go with the putter in my sig: Nike Method 003

I actually can't even argue against JB's claim that there's a clunkiness to it or OEM's comment about it's (not so good) looks, but something about it clicks for me. After doing my own shootout, it was empirically the putter I putted the best with. (The Odyssey Black#9 was a close 2nd) Much like what Hanks said, the roll is true and it just somehow works.

The funniest thing is I can't really recommend the putter, I can't really even say I like the putter, but time after time, I've essentially always made the most putts with the darn thing. (And believe me...I've tried VERY hard to prove those results wrong...I'm talking about hundreds of putts from various distances)

And, of course, I have to add the usual thing about the Nike Method. It likely has the worst headcover in the history of golf.

After flip flopping back and forth I have come to the conclusion that the Daytona Ghost would win best in show for me. I have witnessed first hand on what the ghost putter can actually do, and the fact that I am more of a blade man myself makes this thing jump out at me. The firm insert is something I do enjoy, and dollar for dollar, I really dont think there is a better blade out there for me. The radio show just pushes it over the edge for a must-have! Plus, Vibranted, this thing would look dirrrrrty! In a nice clean white way. and the technology is TOP-NOTCH!

...coming from a guy who said id never use a white putter.

Best in Show: Odessy #9 Black

Mallets don't get enough respect from many players but the Odessy #9 is one of the few that not only receives it, but demands it. It's a putter that simply performs for both tour plays like Mickelson and Els but to weekend warriors like myself. Toe weighting combined with heel shafting makes not squirreling your putt easy and automatic while the milled face brings a level of confidence that an insert just doesn't bring.

Aside from the technical benefits, it's simply hard not to rally to this putter. With the elegant shaft leading to a black head, one gets the feeling of putting with a black swan. Elegance in the club leads one to elegant putting on the green. While your friends might mistake it for an ugly duckling, they'll understand it's grown up skills quickly as will you and as did I. It's simply hard to argue with the combined feel and touch that this putter brings and gives you exactly what a putter should, a consistent straight shot.

i ain't gonna lie, i am enjoying these entries!

i thought for sure you'd be all about the country club my man.

I was all about it, but I realized I can't make a putt with one. It sure looks pretty though :)

SO many putters to choose from, and you can only pick one?! I currently roll an Odyssey White Hot Tour #9, and I love it. It was my first major upgrade from my beginner set of clubs. That being said, I think I'd have to go with the:

Never Compromise Gambler Flush

I already love the mid-mallet, heel-shafted putter. I have a great feel for this shape and how my putts roll with it, so I wouldn't want to stray too far from a successful formula. I think I saw some spy shots of one type of Gambler putter (Boat?) and it not only looks fantastic, it also seems that the faces don't have inserts. I'd like to try a putter in the ole #9 shape, but without an insert, just for comparison's sake. Hopefully, those reasons make sense as to why I'd pick this putter.

In short:
1) Looks!
2) No insert
3) Shape that agrees with my putting style

Bettinardi BB26

Bettinardi BB26

Count me in.
While this is like trying to decide who in your family should survive if you had to choose... :dazed:
If I had to choose....
Out of all I saw and read about - I would vote for for the Bettinardi BB26
It looks stunning, is a CS and just inspires confidence - what else do you need in a putter???
Thanks

Last edited:
I will join the fray on this one and I doubt anyone would be surprised with my choice, Bettinardi Studio Stock #5.

Clean and classy, pure comes to mind. All reports seem to point that feel is right there where it needs to be and dam that thing looks HOT!

THP Identifies Best in Show!

THP Identifies Best in Show!

THP Awards Best In Show 2011!

It was a perfect night in early November and while most of the country slept there were faint sounds of an occasional gasp and every so often a definite "YES" was heard in the night silence. You see, not everyone was sleeping this night after all, for on this night some equipment testers and writers for The Hackers Paradise were burning the midnight oil and working hard to deliver their readers with the information they all desire. This night would see around 150 different putters be challenged and critiqued by the expert eyes of a few putter fanatics in the 2011 THP Putter Round Up.

The contest featured Anser style vs. Anser style, blade vs. blade, mallet vs. mallet in a no holds barred contest to determine what putter was the best of the best. The testers rolled several putts with every putter in the lineup, each having a different thing that tickled their fancy about the putters they tried. In the end though, there could be only one. It was a heated competition no doubt, with every stroke of the putter a new winner became clear. Finally in the end we had our winner.

2011 THP Putter Round Up Best in Show
Bettinardi Signature Series #1

In an absolute dogfight that saw grown mean be reduced to exhausted piles of whimpering babies there was one putter maker and one putter in particular that stood out above the rest. "Classically elegant looks, sublime feel, total package" are word used by THP President Josh Babbitt as he sobbed upon announcing the winner. THP Equipment Tester Hanks goes on to say "I love the leather grip, the milling is sweet, the looks are great, it's a very pure feeling putter".

The THP Putter Round Up did in fact identify the best in show that night, you see Robert Bettinardi has been in the putter building business now for 20 years and the 2011 offerings are his best work to date. The 2011 Signature Series is not for the faint at heart or the light of wallet, with a price tag of $500 this putter is the "Tiffany of putters" as tester JD McDooley would say. Only available in limited run the 2011 Signature Series is sure to be a putter collectors dream!

OK for me it would have to be the Cleveland Classic #2 Black, I mean for that price at that quality none of the others can touch it. I have the Bronze Cleveland and I think adding the Black series was a great move.

A sharp looking, great performing, well made putter at a fraction of the regular big name prices. What's not to like?

Thanks for the Contest!

I may have a little bias here but the SeeMore DB-4 steals the show for me.

The dark shine of a finish is absolutely awesome on this milled chunk of carbon steel. Being able to see of the the tiny swirls jump out in the right light against that beautiful finish is incredible. The precise milling on this putter gives it an amazing feel that makes me think it is an insert putter for how soft it feels when striking the ball. The weighting of this putter is perfect and so well balanced that I rarely use the RST2 feature. It is mainly a last second check to make sure everything is lined up correctly. The push right is something I dealt with at first as well and it came from trying to follow the RST2 through my swing rather than line up and putt. Is this the best putter for it's value? Probably not, but it's best is show for me so who cares!

I wish it was a magical, cup-seeking machine... but I'm hoping to make it a bit better after a lot of putting practice this winter (and less weight lifting).

Last edited:
THP Awards Best In Show 2011!

It was a perfect night in early November and while most of the country slept there were faint sounds of an occasional gasp and every so often a definite "YES" was heard in the night silence. You see, not everyone was sleeping this night after all, for on this night some equipment testers and writers for The Hackers Paradise were burning the midnight oil and working hard to deliver their readers with the information they all desire. This night would see around 150 different putters be challenged and critiqued by the expert eyes of a few putter fanatics in the 2011 THP Putter Round Up.

The contest featured Anser style vs. Anser style, blade vs. blade, mallet vs. mallet in a no holds barred contest to determine what putter was the best of the best. The testers rolled several putts with every putter in the lineup, each having a different thing that tickled their fancy about the putters they tried. In the end though, there could be only one. It was a heated competition no doubt, with every stroke of the putter a new winner became clear. Finally in the end we had our winner.

2011 THP Putter Round Up Best in Show
Bettinardi Signature Series #1

In an absolute dogfight that saw grown mean be reduced to exhausted piles of whimpering babies there was one putter maker and one putter in particular that stood out above the rest. "Classically elegant looks, sublime feel, total package" are word used by THP President Josh Babbitt as he sobbed upon announcing the winner. THP Equipment Tester Hanks goes on to say "I love the leather grip, the milling is sweet, the looks are great, it's a very pure feeling putter".

The THP Putter Round Up did in fact identify the best in show that night, you see Robert Bettinardi has been in the putter building business now for 20 years and the 2011 offerings are his best work to date. The 2011 Signature Series is not for the faint at heart or the light of wallet, with a price tag of $500 this putter is the "Tiffany of putters" as tester JD McDooley would say. Only available in limited run the 2011 Signature Series is sure to be a putter collectors dream!

Great stuff Bird. "exhausted piles of whimpering babies ", haha

I will join the fray on this one and I doubt anyone would be surprised with my choice, Bettinardi Studio Stock #5.

Clean and classy, pure comes to mind. All reports seem to point that feel is right there where it needs to be and dam that thing looks HOT!

I thought you liked the #7 duey? I agree though, #5 is my favorite one.

Awesome contest and thanks a ton to TM and THP!!! As soon as I get home and off my phone I'm all over this.

Best in show from CG13:

I spent the last hour listening to the greenside radio chat with JB and Sean. Good episode! Im a firm believer putting is mental. Ive stroked so many putts this year and my really really good rounds with the flatstick were the ones i was loose, and i had my confidence skyhigh. I played a country club here- where i started off draining a 20 footer on the first hole for par. Carried over to 2, where i drained an 8 footer for birdie. Parred the next 2. to be 1 under after 4.. starting a great round... and i keep thinking back to that round. Why was i putting so well? My swing hasnt changed all year - if anything ive fine tuned it with all the practice. I switched two rounds before that to the nike method 001. Back to my more familiar blade style putter. I am most comfortable with those - and the mid mallet from seemore is one REALLY nice putter. Those mallets just are not for me. So without further ado, my best in show:

Taylor Made Daytona Ghost.
ghost_daytona1_ext1.jpg

Reasoning: The white contrast against a green will pop out. All the reviewers mentioned how easy aligning this thing was. The white, just frames the ball. Alignment is everything with putting - so this is the first thing this putter does, and does it well. The titallium insert promotes a forward roll, (very similar to the nike method) which starts the ball on the line and rolls true. What makes it truly best in show? Its different than everything else. It isnt flashy like a bettinardi CC series that just screams disposable income. It does what it does with simple lines, in a familiar style of putters, and it really is in a "class" of its own. There isnt another putter out there that utilizes the alignment "contrast" aid in bright white that the Ghost series does. Simply genius! If i win this baby: Im going to call it CASPER! After your favorite friendly ghost :)

I was in Dublin Ohio, when justin rose was killing it at Muirfield. He unveiled this thing to the throngs of followers. You saw him with this bright white putter no one had seen before. And it worked - he was draining putts with it. The next day i read about it here on thp, he spoke very highly of this thing!

Thank you THP and Taylormade for a truly wonderful contest. Great Job to all involved, cannot thank you all for the hard work and behind the scene duties that comes with running a site of this magnitude. Top notch.

Back