TaylorMade Daytona Ghost Putter Contest

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another HUGE THP Contest for everybody to have some fun with. A couple of weeks ago, THP held its annual Putter Roundup at THP HQ with some equipment testers and forum members. There were a lot of putters tested and some were preferred more than others. In case you missed that thread, you can read all about it here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?14852-2011-THP-Putter-Roundup

This week, THP & Putterzone aired its monthly show The Greenside, and one of the topics was the Taylormade Daytona Ghost putter. If you missed that episode, you can listen to it here.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=11026

1046427226_BuTRg-M-1.jpg

Prize
The winner will receive a brand new Taylormade Rossa Daytona Ghost Putter.

Contest - Tell Us Your Thoughts
THP tested a lot of putters during that Putter Roundup a few weeks ago and we want to hear which one you liked the best and why?

Rules
Only one entry per person
US & Canada residents Only
The deadline of this contest is Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 at 11:59pm EST. All entries must be received by then to be considered.

This contest is open to THP forum members with a minimum of 10 posts and 5 in the last 30 days.
If you are not a member, no sweat.
Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Register

By entering this contest you agree to post pictures of your prize, should you win, in our Contest Winners Thread in our forum.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?1323-Contest-Winners-Thread

To Enter
Entering this one is extremely easy and should be a lot of fun.

Step 1 - Take a look at the first link posted in this thread (Putter Round Up) and read through the posts, making mental note of all the putters that were tested.

Step 2 - Decide which putter out of every single one that was tested during the round up, would be the one you think would have been YOUR "Best In Show" if we had an overall category.

Step 3 - Make a post in this thread with the name of that putter and why you would name it Best In Show out of everything that was tested.

Remember, ONLY putters that were used during the Putter Roundup are eligible to be selected. You must select the putter and the reason you would want it as your entry.

Daytona Ghost
There is a TON of great information in that radio show listed above on this putter and what our thoughts are on it. Feel free to take a listen and let us know your thoughts as well.

This thread should be a lot of fun and feel free to banter about all the thoughts that people come up with. Good luck everybody.

Wow, yet another awesome contest!!!! Good luck everyone. Thanks TM and THP

holy smokes!!!! what a contest! looking forward to the entries in this one for sure.

Thanks to THP and TM for another incredible contest! good luck everyone

you gonna enter this one? hehe

This is fantastic! Thanks TM and THP for another standout contest. Good luck to all that enter!

• Admin
awesome! Would love to add this

Once again, another great prize! Looking forward to seeing all the different opinions in the entries. Thanks to THP and Taylormade for making it happen :)

Classic THP contest. Big thank you to THP and Taylormade for this one!

For me, the best in show has to be the Never Compromise Gambler Boat.

The reasons for this are:

1. Looks Looks Looks. I love the C&C done to the bottom of this putter and I love the poker inspiration that NC drew from.
2. Feel. This is just a good feeling putter. That is all that needs to be said
3. Rarity. This is a limited release putter and everybody likes to have something rare in their bag.
4. Price. For a limited release putter, there is absolutely no arguing with the price!
5. Overall. This putter has just about everything that I want and nothing that I don't. It is the total freaking package.

Guys have fun with this contest!!! I just got this putter 2 weeks ago and so far, so good!!! Good luck to all!!!

I am in.

Best in show goes to....

I like the white.. TaylorMade Gost.

Every time I check in at my local course they have some models of the Gost line on display. I take a couple of swings but just can't pull the trigger on buying one.

Having not put one to use on a green I do like the idea of high contrast of the putter and the green surface.

Great look + Great color + Insert = Best in Show

Last edited:
What a contest!! Thanks TaylorMade and THP, stay tuned for my entry!!

I would have to say my favorite would be the Never Compromise Gambler.

I mean, c'mon, just look at it!!

Exquisite craftsmanship and the testers seemed to really like its feel as well!!

Awesome contest THP!!!!!!

1. Done
2. MFGP2 CS
3. Since I was part of the testing the second night and have had a chance to hit every putter in this round up, I can give first hand knowledge and experience rather than imagining it. The SeeMore MFGP2 CS took the cake for me. I have never been a center shafted putter guy, and tried it for this round up. I am glad I did. It suited my eye well, had amazing feel, balance and weight and I made putts with it. What more could you ask for?

Thanks for another great contest!

My Best in Show:

Bettinardi Signature Series #1

As they say in the cotton commercials..."the look...the feel...the putter of my life!" (ok, not exactly what they say, but close enough)

In my opinion, you can't really go wrong with the classic styling and attention to detail that goes into every Bettinardi putter. This putter is made from a wonderfully soft material that makes putting a real joy, has an amazing looking finish that you will find yourself just staring at and that will surely catch the attention of everyone in your group, and it is milled in the USA!

Great contest...thanks THP and Taylormade!

Awesome contest, thanks so much to THP and TM for offering such a wonderful prize. I have re-read the thread and my best in show pick is....

Machine Center Proto I believe this was the putter I fell in love with on the greens at the outing. The looks of it were so unique, like nothing i had seen before. It had the appearance of a center shafted putter but with the hinge at the bottom it felt, at least to me, so different. I also liked the bronze and the industrial look of the putter, definatly a look that would get your playing partners talking about it. My results were fantastic with this putter, I believed I drained 9 of 10 putts which is something I have never done with any putter anywhere. I am trying to save up my $$$ to get this putter in the near future.

Last edited:
Thanks to THP and Taylormade for another great contest!

Has to be the SeeMore Si1 for it's tremendous look (love that finish), insert and most importantly it's center-shafted (the only kind of putter I can produce any kind of consistency with).

Best in Show!

Odyssey Tour Black #9

View attachment 1662

This putter is slick as can be. Clean look and smooth lines make it beautiful. The classic look with a soft feel. Odyssey has been a standard in putters for almost 20 years. Buy it today, to putt like Phil Mickelson. If you get this club, your putts will as smooth as butter!

Seems like pandering, but for me the Best in Show goes to the Taylormade Rossa Ghost Daytona.

Maybe it is a gimmick, but the white putter blade design of this putter is effective and I feel that it is quite classy. It makes you take notice of your alignment from an overall view and not simply an aid such as a dot, line, ball, etc. Also, while the insert is not unique to the Ghost I find it to be very effective. The forward roll that it encourages helps to ensure a true roll and a great feel. On top of all of the great features, this putter is very reasonably priced.

Back