TaylorMade Daytona Ghost Putter Contest

Best in Show

Cleveland Classic #2

1. Great looks, a must for a great putter.
2. Feel- not a lot of putters at this price have good feel.
3. Price. Your average Joe cant afford a Betti, or an SC, or a Gambler, but this, at a fourth of the cost, is easily accessible. If this doesnt cement it as best in show, nothing will.

My Best in Show is...SeeMore mFGP2 CS (I know, everyone who knows me here is shocked).

My basis for the selection is based on my trial of this very putter at the Demo Day at PGA National. I loved the soft feel and dark appearance of this beautiful mallet. I am hooked on the RST technology, and I know that it makes me a better putter. I think this is specifically the best model that SeeMore makes (of the 10-20 different variations I have hit). The carbon steel provides an awesome look and the feel is second to none. Ever since September, I have been eyeing this model as a custom fit birthday present to myself in March.

I guess, in summary, that I liked this one just a bit :act-up:

Im going to have to bring my A game now. Lots of great entry's, was going to do the rap but CC brought it with his so I have to go a different route now haha

LOL @ Tired of your wife saying "Stop spending all this money honey"!

Gold Jerry! Gold!

My best in show would be the Never Compromise Gambler. This putter looks sweet! The reviews I read on here make me want to trade in my scotty!

My best in show would be the Never Compromise Gambler. This putter looks sweet! The reviews I read on here make me want to trade in my scotty!
WOW!!! It's in print now!!! Never Compromise Gambler...converting Scotty owners since 2010. Hmmmm, has a ring to it!

I've said it before, I'll say it again, good luck everyone, some very good entries are coming in!

Just for Puttin4Bird's and ridiculous sake:

THP 2010 Best in Show

Thunder roiled around Mount Olympus in a miasma of unrepentant fury, the rage of a lego throwing toddler condensed to the core of a thousand sons. Zeus, it seems, was having a hard day. All at court tried to keep a bouyent atmosphere, something that was proving especially trying given the absurdity of the weather taking place around the palace. For hours the storm circles mount Olympus as if someone had fallen asleep at the switch of a carousel. Round and round the storm raged with increasing fury until it was almost comical. A round and around it went until it didn't.

Much like the first dews on the perfect white Lilly after a cold, hard winter, everything came to an abrupt halt. The lack of noise was at first jarring then matured to be a blessed calm after a few heart beats. Shattering the calm and startling everyone in the room like a young doe, the doors to Zeus's personal chambers burst open. Rather then stride powerfully out as was his want, Zeus stumbled out through the doors, weaving as if heavily intoxicated. Shortly after passing through the portal, Zeus feel to his knees, the oddly shaped walking stick under his right arm, no longer to bear his great weight. Upon the mirror sheen marble floor was he able to raise his head and hands as if in supplication to a higher power and cry: “Harken to me my children for I shall to ye a great story full of purity and despair, the likes of which you have never heard!”

All the other members of the court were both shocked and stunned by not only Zeus's appearance but his mannerisms that it took many moment before anyone obeyed. Again, slowly and hesitantly did the court move closer. Achilles was the first to muster his courage and ask the questions percolating in everyone's minds: “What is your aliment and the cause for the storms? Your wrath and beggared appearance do little to put anyone at ease.”
“At ease? Why should anyone be at ease?” asked Zeus in reply. “I cannot be at ease for my perfection has been uspered! Many of you lesser beings have even more to be wrought about as you beauty has been surpassed a hundred times and a hundred times again!”
“How can this be? You are the perfection that moves the world Zeus. Nothing can nor shall be mightier then you!” cried Achilles.
“Not so, my child, not so. Unlike Atlas, my reign of endurance has come to an end. You see, for the past month I have been testing putters for THP. As the absolute pinnacle of perfection they correctly assumed I would be the best being in all the world to decide which putter could be awarded Best in Show, the highest honour Olympia can bestow upon an item of the mortal world. Time and again, I was thwarted in my search for greatness. Time and again my rage and disappointment met with cataclysmic consequences as you were all witnessed.”
“ By chance however I came across a Odyssey #9 tour putter in black and my very breath was stolen away from me. From this moment on I was driven, much as a harsh master drives it's camel in the desert to discover all I could about this putter.”
“ You see, unlike many other putters, not only was this putter a mallet but, it had a milled face rather then an insert. This gives the putter an exquisite touch, rivalled only by own as well as an artistic beauty unmatched by anyone save Hera. The shaft gracefully slopes down from one's hand as if a swan's neck extended herself from your hand. The all black, toe weighted head provides an excellent counter point colour to the white of ones ball and the green of the surrounding grass. An excellent putt can only be denied through the imperfect judgement of an imperfect being.”

“Despair doth hold me in it's grasp, but to be surpassed in beauty by such a marvel as this? There can be no shame. No, only the purity of this Odyssey #9 can light my path through the ledge of the dark and narrow future”.

TLDR: Odyssey #9 FTW of 2010 baby!

Last edited:
Wow Tuna....wow! I can only HOPE to have somehow inspired that literary MASTERPIECE! Excellent work my friend, I felt as if I was reading Hamlet in the presence of Shakespeare himself! Well done Tuna...well done!

Best in show: Cleveland Classic BRZ #4.5

The best of 3 categories all provide confidence, and this ultimately make this putter the winner for me. Let's admit it, putting is 90% confidence and 10% luck.

Looks: A putter with the perfect blend of classic and contemporary styling. I know that sounds like an oxymoron but read on. The outline of the blade head is the olde-school shape we all desire deep down. The lettering on the sole reminds you that this isn't your fathers putter.

Technology: A copper infused face insert provides a soft, consistent feel. This consistentcy is crucial to confidence.

Performance: Ultimately we all want a putter that drops the ball in the cup. The Cleveland Classic BRZ #4.5 blends classic styling and modern technology to give you the confidence we need to sink more putts.

Just for Puttin4Bird's and ridiculous sake:

THP 2010 Best in Show

Thunder roiled around Mount Olympus in a miasma of unrepentant fury, the rage of a lego throwing toddler condensed to the core of a thousand sons. Zeus, it seems, was having a hard day. All at court tried to keep a bouyent atmosphere, something that was proving especially trying given the absurdity of the weather taking place around the palace. For hours the storm circles mount Olympus as if someone had fallen asleep at the switch of a carousel. Round and round the storm raged with increasing fury until it was almost comical. A round and around it went until it didn't.

Much like the first dews on the perfect white Lilly after a cold, hard winter, everything came to an abrupt halt. The lack of noise was at first jarring then matured to be a blessed calm after a few heart beats. Shattering the calm and startling everyone in the room like a young doe, the doors to Zeus's personal chambers burst open. Rather then stride powerfully out as was his want, Zeus stumbled out through the doors, weaving as if heavily intoxicated. Shortly after passing through the portal, Zeus feel to his knees, the oddly shaped walking stick under his right arm, no longer to bear his great weight. Upon the mirror sheen marble floor was he able to raise his head and hands as if in supplication to a higher power and cry: “Harken to me my children for I shall to ye a great story full of purity and despair, the likes of which you have never heard!”

All the other members of the court were both shocked and stunned by not only Zeus's appearance but his mannerisms that it took many moment before anyone obeyed. Again, slowly and hesitantly did the court move closer. Achilles was the first to muster his courage and ask the questions percolating in everyone's minds: “What is your aliment and the cause for the storms? Your wrath and beggared appearance do little to put anyone at ease.”
“At ease? Why should anyone be at ease?” asked Zeus in reply. “I cannot be at ease for my perfection has been uspered! Many of you lesser beings have even more to be wrought about as you beauty has been surpassed a hundred times and a hundred times again!”
“How can this be? You are the perfection that moves the world Zeus. Nothing can nor shall be mightier then you!” cried Achilles.
“Not so, my child, not so. Unlike Atlas, my reign of endurance has come to an end. You see, for the past month I have been testing putters for THP. As the absolute pinnacle of perfection they correctly assumed I would be the best being in all the world to decide which putter could be awarded Best in Show, the highest honour Olympia can bestow upon an item of the mortal world. Time and again, I was thwarted in my search for greatness. Time and again my rage and disappointment met with cataclysmic consequences as you were all witnessed.”
“ By chance however I came across a Odessy #9 tour putter in black and my very breath was stolen away from me. From this moment on I was driven, much as a harsh master drives it's camel in the desert to discover all I could about this putter.”
“ You see, unlike many other putters, not only was this putter a mallet but, it had a milled face rather then an insert. This gives the putter an exquisite touch, rivalled only by own as well as an artistic beauty unmatched by anyone save Hera. The shaft gracefully slopes down from one's hand as if a swan's neck extended herself from your hand. The all black, toe weighted head provides an excellent counter point colour to the white of ones ball and the green of the surrounding grass. An excellent putt can only be denied through the imperfect judgement of an imperfect being.”

“Despair doth hold me in it's grasp, but to be surpassed in beauty by such a marvel as this? There can be no shame. No, only the purity of this Odessy #9 can light my path through the ledge of the dark and narrow future”.

TLDR: Odessy #9 FTW of 2010 baby!

UMMM.... Darnit.

Best in Show: Odessy #9 Black

Mallets don't get enough respect from many players but the Odessy #9 is one of the few that not only receives it, but demands it. It's a putter that simply performs for both tour plays like Mickelson and Els but to weekend warriors like myself. Toe weighting combined with heel shafting makes not squirreling your putt easy and automatic while the milled face brings a level of confidence that an insert just doesn't bring.

Aside from the technical benefits, it's simply hard not to rally to this putter. With the elegant shaft leading to a black head, one gets the feeling of putting with a black swan. Elegance in the club leads one to elegant putting on the green. While your friends might mistake it for an ugly duckling, they'll understand it's grown up skills quickly as will you and as did I. It's simply hard to argue with the combined feel and touch that this putter brings and gives you exactly what a putter should, a consistent straight shot.

its ODYSSEY LOLOL

dang tuna and cribbs, P4B, you all have some skills i never developed. scratch me on the creativity, writing contests lol - im just terrible at that. Bring me equations and programming- thats my alley.

These guys are bringing it! I have had to scratch 3 ideas now because they just couldn't compare. Thanks for young the creativity.

After rereading the roundup, my choice would clearly be the SeeMore MFGP CS. There are other putters in the line up that are perhaps "prettier". But then beauty is in the eye of the beholder and wholly unimportant with regard to performance IMO. Until I messed around with the FGP Original the other day I had never been a center shafted putter kind of guy. Neither have I been a blade guy for some time. This putter crossed both of those lines for me. In the last few weeks, I have played with more putters in the store, than I ever have in my life. Certainly not as many as were at the round up... That would have been fun if not a little confusing.

The alignment aid on this putter fits my eye, and with the original I was sinking nearly everything I stroked. I can only imagine that this version would work as well if not better.

Another great contest. I'm not entering since I have zero interest in a ghost putter (my all black Rossa Lambeau is the beast and kicks any pale ghost's buttox), but good luck to everyone else. :)

Dang, can I have a re-do? Tuna, that was legendary!

Well considering I bought my putter the day the mallet portion of the review came out,
the obvious winner for my best in show would be the : Rossa Corza Ghost Putter

To me personally I have always considered price and performance as one entity. I'd never pay 10 grand more for a certain car brand over another for 10 more horsepower and a different name, so I apply the same thinking to most of my purchases.

For putters I look for a few things, alignment aids(my weak point), great feel, and a little WOW factor. At 160 I am of the same mind as Hanks, nothing quite compares to the combination of these 3 elements to the standard of the Ghost putter. This putter is a total package, the nice feel and roll that you get off of the insert, the extremely original alignment aids that gives you several choices to best fit your eye. Then of course is the WOW factor in an almost throwback fashion with the pure white head, ah la zebra putters from the 80s and 90. You probably guessed it, but who do I know that used a white zebra putter all through his childhood? Why the very guy writing this article!!!!!!

Call it a play off of fond memories, call it the "ghost" factor; you can call it whatever you want. Just never doubt what this putter can do on the green or we are going to have some issues!!!! ^_-

For me, best in show has to go to the Odyssey Tour Black #9. Ever since I was a little kid the putter that I most gravitated to was the Odyssey #9 model, I think I've had four or five different versions of it and the Tour Black is the pinnacle of that design IMHO. The feel is so soft, it looks gorgeous and rolls true. I've always loved the look of the Corza Ghost and I feel like Taylormade has done a great job of extending that look and feel to the Daytona without it being gimmicky.

Thanks THP and Taylormade for another great contest.

Seemore SI-1

I chose this putter because i go for the center shafted putters and from what I read, this one sounded like it was the best of the CS. Everyone loved it and reved about it and I take the opinions on here as priceless. I like the price point of the club and from what I was reading it sounded like it felt awesome. I cant wait to rool one of these.

I have been stalking out this thread for a while now.... I am wicked impressed.

Gotta bring my game this weekend. I would love a blade putter to mess around with. The fact that it would be a ghost is just amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am torn between two models for Best in Show: The Never Compromise Gambler Flush and the Cleveland Classic #2 Black.

I am choosing a mid mallet because that suits my eye. One the one hand the Gambler has maybe the best graphical design of the lot and gives a great soft feel. The Cleveland Classic offers you a great matte black finish to the club which gives me more confidence when I line up a putt. When it comes to choosing my best in show I have taken a look at all of the thoughts and have chosen
Spoiler
the Cleveland Classic #2 Black
1054953339_EC5D8-L-1.jpg

While I think the graphics and posible custom paint fill options on the the NC Gambler, I really want something that can become my "old reliable." There is nothing worse than throwing a good chunk of money down a putter only to find out it's not the one for you. I really love the look of the black finish. While others may not, I include "value" in my Best in Show choice and I think there is no better value than the Cleveland Classic putter.

I'm in!! Thanks again THP for another great TM contest!

"On a warm summer's evenin' on a train bound for nowhere, I met up with the gambler..."

For this matchup, it's got to be the Never Compromise Gambler (Flush)!!

Maybe I'm a little biased since I'm currently putting with a Never Compromise GM2 Exchange #5 and I absolutely love it!
I could never imagine owning another putter. Great look, great feel, and I make my putts!

But The Gambler is one slick looking putter! You're definitely making a statement if you step onto the green with this bad boy. Going up against the other putters is no contest if we're talking about Best in Show. This short stick brings the new look of NC and combines it with a, might I say, Scotty Cameron-esque design.

NC is never afraid to make a statement, and in my opinion is one very underrated putter. By the sounds of the THP member's reviews, I would say that The Gambler is the clear winner in this matchup.

...And that TM Ghost is sure fancy! oooooieeeeee!

Back