TaylorMade Daytona Ghost Putter Contest

I thought you liked the #7 duey? I agree though, #5 is my favorite one.

I do love "The looks' and really want that putter some day. But, never putting most of these I had to rely on the testers to give me direction. I wouldn't even call the #7 the best looking of the line, but just a shape and style that would expand my meager collection.

edit: I don't think the #7 even got tested, nor the Slotline.

P4B just killed it. Way to go, buddy!

P4B just killed it. Way to go, buddy!

Heck ya he did! Nice writing P4B! I had to go back and edit mine so it would look a little better in comparison. :wink:

fwiw, yours was a good one too, Dirt :O)

puttin4bird just put us all to shame. Writing is not my forte! good job man.

P4B did bring it, but he is a writer for THP, he should've! :)

P4B did bring it, but he is a writer for THP, he should've! :)
Exactly, I had to come up with a little something! There are great entries and I'm sure we'll continue to get some even better ones as this one goes on!

And my entry:

TaylorMade Rossa Corza Ghost
It was not the biggest contender during the Roundup, but to me the solid performance offered by the Corza Ghost makes it Best in show for me. I was fortunate enough to win mine at the THP Raffle at the Outing last September and was able to game it for two rounds at PGA National, the Palmer on Sunday and the Squire on Monday. My first putt with the Ghost on number 1 of the Palmer was a twenty footer with a bit of break. Boom! In the hole. My putting is usually quite up and down but that first round with the Ghost I only three-putted 4 times. That is a HUGE improvement for me. That and the more impressive point is that I had I believe at least 4 one-putts that day. So for a guy who usaully three putts to have 14 holes of two putts or better, is pretty significant.

The white color-scheme is awesome in my opinion. It gets noticed. It's easy to see and easy to align. The insert is soft, and it provides excellent feel when the ball is struck. I tried the Corza Ghost in store long before I got mine and the only reason I didn't get one sooner was that I was waiting for the Outing. It is a solid putter and not overly expensive either. I've tried other putters (more and less expensive) and the Corza Ghost is and has been my favorite putter, hands down. Definitely Best in Show!

I may have a little bias here but the SeeMore DB-4 steals the show for me.

The dark shine of a finish is absolutely awesome on this milled chunk of carbon steel. Being able to see of the the tiny swirls jump out in the right light against that beautiful finish is incredible. The precise milling on this putter gives it an amazing feel
Hey Dirt Guy, Great imagery in your write up. Heck you change a few nouns and you would have to post this in one of "those" web sites LOL

Hey Dirt Guy, Great imagery in your write up. Heck you change a few nouns and you would have to post this in one of "those" web sites LOL

Thanks! I had to do a little thesauras digging. My original was pretty elementary until I read how much P4B stepped the game up. I'm sure there will be plenty of creativity flowing in this thread over the next few days.

Cool contest. I already have a daytona and I just won a contest, so good luck everyone else!

EPIC post P4B!!! Guess I need to brush up on my writing skills now

Exactly, I had to come up with a little something! There are great entries and I'm sure we'll continue to get some even better ones as this one goes on!

Oh, it's on once I get out of the office. :blob:

Heh.

My best in show is no question...... the Cleveland Classic #2 Black

This putter is the whole package. As Mr. Babbit said "i'm not sure on the entire market of putters if there's better value than this putter....period!" and I have to agree. Then OEM said "classic looks, very good feel, and for the money it's awesome! Bang for the Buck is off the charts." I mean this thing has the OEM SEAL OF APPROVAL! How can you not go out and buy this thing! "The value for performance, it's pretty unbeatable, for the price, buy one for yourself and two for your friends!" are the words of JD and again we hear about that BANG for your buck! Sure, go out and buy another one of these "best in show" putters, but with all that money you save, and get a putter that is just as good or better, you can go out and buy ANYTHING else you want!

You want a great club and get more for yo money
Tired of your wife saying "Stop spending all this money honey"
Then go out and get a cleveland #2
Everyone will think your pretty cool
Get on the green with a draw or a cut
Then with this putter You'll make that putt
And when you make that 10 foot slider
You'll be just like PALE RIDER!

So overall, for it's performance and bang for the buck, I give it to the Cleveland Classic Black #2

Best in show is the Bettinardi Country Club Series.
Selection based purely on THP staff reviews and of course the absolute beautiful workmanship. It's simply a work of art!

Thanks :thp: and :taylormade: for another prodigious contest.

I checked the putter-roundup thread just to make sure that the Taylormade Daytona Ghost was in it. That is my favorite, quite simply because I liked it best when I tried it out on the putting green during my last trip to Dick's Sporting Goods. It felt good in my hands, on the ball and I holed quite a few medium length putts with it. It almost made me think that the putting green was 'fixed'.

:thankyou: THP and :taylormade: for the contest!

love the THP contests!

My "best in show" would be the Nike Method 001

The simple, classic blade design is very familiar and comfortable - but it's still sleek and modern
I've hit it before at a GS and it just felt so smooth coming off the face
Effortless with a great roll
But it's just that price tag which would leave a dent on my wallet (or maybe it's the price tag that's making me think it's so great...)

This putter is the whole package. As Mr. Babbit said "i'm not sure on the entire market of putters if there's better value than this putter....period!" and I have to agree. Then OEM said "classic looks, very good feel, and for the money it's awesome! Bang for the Buck is off the charts." I mean this thing has the OEM SEAL OF APPROVAL! How can you not go out and buy this thing! "The value for performance, it's pretty unbeatable, for the price, buy one for yourself and two for your friends!" are the words of JD and again we hear about that BANG for your buck! Sure, go out and buy another one of these "best in show" putters, but with all that money you save, and get a putter that is just as good or better, you can go out and buy ANYTHING else you want!

So overall, for it's performance and bang for the buck, I give it to the Cleveland Classic Black #2

BOOM!!!! claycribbs brings it!

any time there's a pale rider reference, it gets my vote baby!!

My best in show would be: Drum rollllllll :zsimpsons:= Best in Show- SeeMore SB-2.. My reason is that the majority of the testers gave the SB-2 putter this title. That many THP'ers just can't miss the show! I also have a love affair with mallet type putters so it would have to be "My Best in Show". SeeMore makes quality mechandise and the SB-2 will no doubt be one beautiful putter with the feel and touch to gain tons of attention.

Just raw uncut talent dude!!!!! Great post and funny too :D.. Clay you are a poet and don't know it :clapp:

Just raw uncut talent dude!!!!! Great post and funny too :D.. Clay you are a poet and don't know it :clapp:

It's funny because we are doing poetry right now in school. I thought it would be a good time! haha

Back