Justice for Reacher!

I think it followed pretty closely to the book as well. Movies are simply never as good as the book. They change or leave out things deliberately due to time constraints or what they feels plays better cinematically.
The girl playing the cop was nothing like the one described in the book. Once I let that go, I stopped making a direct comparison and went along for the ride. I’m currently reading each book in chronological order. This one was really the 3rd. I do hope they do two books every year on all of them. It’ll then be on awhile.
once I learned to let go and understood that I don't go to the movies to read a book, and vice versa, I was able to enjoy things a lot more.

SPOILER alert

Generally I agree Bluegold

But these seemed out of normal. Key example- Kliner boy dies in Hubble House on that botched attempt to kill reacher. Kliner boy does not kill his father and no one breaks into Kliner compound until the last scene. these were the really big alterations to the story but many smaller ones exist. the alterations don't seem to have made the show any better, did not reduce time to tell the story. Just got me to thinking, WHY:unsure: Was the actor playing Kliner Senior not able to execute the action packed last scene??? Generally I don't give it this much thought but just finished this book about 4 weeks ago.

SPOILER alert

Generally I agree Bluegold

But these seemed out of normal. Key example- Kliner boy dies in Hubble House on that botched attempt to kill reacher. Kliner boy does not kill his father and no one breaks into Kliner compound until the last scene. these were the really big alterations to the story but many smaller ones exist. the alterations don't seem to have made the show any better, did not reduce time to tell the story. Just got me to thinking, WHY:unsure: Was the actor playing Kliner Senior not able to execute the action packed last scene??? Generally I don't give it this much thought but just finished this book about 4 weeks ago.
The simplest answer I can think of, the changes were because showrunners didn't want people who had already read to tune out and just expect the same exact story as the book. They changed it up because it was just slightly different enough to make people still tune in.

Honestly I had no idea they were books, but I've really enjoyed the amazon show

I finished Reacher last night. It was a very enjoyable season. Looking forward to the next edition.

just finished the first season. it was good but not great. the monster guy they got to play reacher is more of a tv type actor. you can definitely see the difference in him and the other actors. i enjoyed little man cruise movie over this.

just finished the first season. it was good but not great. the monster guy they got to play reacher is more of a tv type actor. you can definitely see the difference in him and the other actors. i enjoyed little man cruise movie over this.
Have you read the books? As an avid reader I couldn't get over the minuscule Cruise being cast for the role.

Have you read the books? As an avid reader I couldn't get over the minuscule Cruise being cast for the role.
No I have not. I get it from others: reacher is a big dude like the guy in the show....but that guy was a robot. Tom Cruise is just better but yes a little dude.

The new Reacher has the looks and the build, but not the acting skills. I still enjoyed it though.

Reacher season 2 trailer is out

Looks good (y)

I was just going to bump this thread after seeing the trailer on YT. Definitely looking forward to Season 2.

Looking forward to this one dropping next month!!

This pleases me greatly, S1 was perfect. So much better than the dumb dwarf Reacher with Cruise.

Let's go! Can't wait for this to drop.

I will be waiting each week for a new show, such a good series

Back