Justice for Reacher!

I really enjoy all the books, but I completely agree that Tom Cruise is so far away from who should have been cast as to be laughable. They are decent action movies in their own right, but as jack Reacher? Nah.....

Totally agree, Tom is good in some roles like a fighter pilot, race car driver, bartender....ect. but the ones as a larger than life bad azz? never and purely laughable

Put me in the camp of not having read any of the books so seeing Tom Cruise in the movie didn't disturb me.

Question to those that are wondering how Cruise was cast in the first place. Maybe it has a lot to do with Cruise's production company partially owning the rights to the movie adaptation?? He also was a producer for the film. Just saying...

Put me in the camp of not having read any of the books so seeing Tom Cruise in the movie didn't disturb me.

Question to those that are wondering how Cruise was cast in the first place. Maybe it has a lot to do with Cruise's production company partially owning the rights to the movie adaptation?? He also was a producer for the film. Just saying...
I'll admit to not knowing that but that would certainly help to explain it.

I agree that Tom Cruise wasn't a great selection for the movies. That said if you hadn't read the books I thought the movies were pretty decent. I am looking forward to a good series based on the books though with a more believable Reacher.

I never read the books but I did watch the movies. They were entertaining since I didn't know he was supposed to be larger haha

I am a massive Lee Child fan and have read every Reacher book to date. When Cruise's company purchased the rights to the books, I was hoping he didn't play the title character. The only thing I can say about the movies is they were pretty well done. Hope that Amazon stays true to the Jack Reacher character.

I have enjoyed the books and found it peculiar that Cruise was cast from a character persepective but it made sense from a commercial standpoint. I found the movies much like the books, they were entertaining.

Now this series looks much more faithful to the character in terms of his physical demeanor and I am hoping it is entertaining as well. The actor (I don't know his name) is well cast, I enjoyed him on Titans and in case anyone is curious he was also Raphael in the most recent Teenage mutant ninja turtles... don't ask how I figured that out but it was in the last week that I watched one of those movies.

I just watched the preview and I am looking forward to the series. So glad that the casting is more in line with the books. Tom Cruise was a terrbile casting.

Totally agree, Tom is good in some roles like a fighter pilot, race car driver, bartender....ect. but the ones as a larger than life bad azz? never and purely laughable
Mission impossible series was decent 🤷‍♂️

I have read a few of the books and was okay with Tom Cruise being cast in the role. I thought he did a good job in the role. I didn't realize there were so many vertically challenged haters out there.

Cruise's production company bought the movie rights to the Reacher series about 15 years ago. Safe to say this helped him land the Reacher role. His company also owns the movie rights for Mission Impossible.

I liked the first Reacher movie, the second less so

Ritchson looks like a good choice

writing/script will matter

I have read all the books, and my first question when I saw the movie was, Tom Cruise? Wait, what? As you said, Reacher is a lot taller than TC.

I have read a few of the books and was okay with Tom Cruise being cast in the role. I thought he did a good job in the role. I didn't realize there were so many vertically challenged haters out there.
I thought the movies were good and Cruise was fine as an actor. I'm just a nerd who'd read all the books and with Reacher in the books being portrayed as 6'4+ 250 Cruise just didn't fit the image painted in my mind :ROFLMAO:

I may be alone on this island but I'm a massive fan of the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child. I was bitterly disappointed to see Tom Cruise cast as Reacher in the two movies. I'm sorry (spoiler alert) but Reacher in the books is over 6'4 and huge, so seeing Cruise towered over by his co-star in the movies was tough to get past. Having just seen the preview for an Amazon series based on this beloved character I was thrilled that, while maybe I didn't recognize the actor, he at least looks taller than 5'7. The actor I pegged as Jack Reacher the first time I saw him was Clive Standen (Rollo from Vikings) but this guy at least looks more the part to me. Anyone else a fan of the books or have thoughts on this or it just me on nerd island tonight?
I have read every book.
Just finished The Sentinel yesterday
Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher is trash.
Ready for the next book.

My dad was 6'4" 240-260 most of his adult life and was in the military in his 20s
Whomever plays Reacher, has to look my dad's size.
Tom Cruise isn't even close.

I have read all the books, and my first question when I saw the movie was, Tom Cruise? Wait, what? As you said, Reacher is a lot taller than TC.
That was my thought too. First time I saw the trailer it was a oh hell yeah I'm pumped...followed by wait a minute that's Tom Cruise 🤣

So I saw a two minute trailer on Facebook and I am ALL the way in on this. Looks awesome!

I've read all of the Reacher novels and thoroughly enjoyed them. Movies were "ok", once I got past Cruise playing Reacher. That was too much of a stretch for me. This new guy looks much more like the Reacher that exists in my head. Hope that the series does the character justice.

I thought Tom Cruise did a nice job conveying the Reacher attitude, but obviously is not right for the role physically. The guy in the new series is much closer. I agree with others though that he's a little too chiseled. Reacher in the books is a vagabond, and though he's a large, imposing man he's not a bodybuilder/gym rat. He should look a little less coiffed too.

Tom cruise cast in an action movie as anyone but a hobbit is a joke .. except top gun

I may give the books a read, they sound much better than the films

Definitely worth your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw the trailer... 1) looks good , 2) he's come a long way from Blue Mountain State

I’ve read the first three and liked them all, but I got sidetracked lately reading the Phillip Marlowe books by Raymond Chandler.

Just saw the trailer... 1) looks good , 2) he's come a long way from Blue Mountain State

Lol, was gonna post something along those lines. Not his fault, but I have a hard time taking him seriously in any other role after seeing him as Thad.

Back