Justice for Reacher!

I must be in the vast minority, because I though Cruise did an excellent job playing Reacher in the movies and thought his character was enjoyable.

I thought the first season of the Reacher was good but nothing special. I will watch season 2, but if they cancelled I wouldn’t miss it.
Have you read the books? I think that has a big impact on enjoyment with cruise.

Have you read the books? I think that has a big impact on enjoyment with cruise.
I have not.

However, I liked the tv show and looking forward to seeing the new season starting in a week

I watched the first three episodes of Season 2 last night. I am a fan of the books and I enjoyed Season 1.

I watched the first episode last night. I actually haven’t read this book the season is based on so I am going in blind.

I watched the first episode last night. I actually haven’t read this book the season is based on so I am going in blind.
I've read 17 or 25 or whatever of Lee and now Andrew Child's series and they all range from above average to fantastic.

If you like that genre they are fun and engaging while still being short enough to not wear on you.

I've read 17 or 25 or whatever of Lee and now Andrew Child's series and they all range from above average to fantastic.

If you like that genre they are fun and engaging while still being short enough to not wear on you.
I meant this specific book. Agree on the series overall. Read about 12-15 of them. Love them. Perfect easy reading and always at least above average.

I meant this specific book. Agree on the series overall. Read about 12-15 of them. Love them. Perfect easy reading and always at least above average.
which book is this season based on? I haven't watched any of the new season yet

I was just super confused. I really need to read usernames vs glancing at avatars when reading posts.

I need to get my wife's logon information so I can watch this.

Watched the 3 episodes available of Season 2.

Still a bit hokey and cliche, but entertaining

Robert Patrick looks old

Watched the 3 episodes available of Season 2.

Still a bit hokey and cliche, but entertaining

Robert Patrick looks old
Wife and I watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes tonight. When the 3rd episode ended she asked if that was it. Good so far.

I may be alone on this island but I'm a massive fan of the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child. I was bitterly disappointed to see Tom Cruise cast as Reacher in the two movies. I'm sorry (spoiler alert) but Reacher in the books is over 6'4 and huge, so seeing Cruise towered over by his co-star in the movies was tough to get past. Having just seen the preview for an Amazon series based on this beloved character I was thrilled that, while maybe I didn't recognize the actor, he at least looks taller than 5'7. The actor I pegged as Jack Reacher the first time I saw him was Clive Standen (Rollo from Vikings) but this guy at least looks more the part to me. Anyone else a fan of the books or have thoughts on this or it just me on nerd island tonight?
I loved the books by Lee Child and not keen that the brother will continue with the series, he just doesn't have the same thinking as Lee 😞 so the story will be different. Cruise is a good actor but don't see him with the Reacher ability to take out 4 guys so easy, as someone else suggested Jason Mamoa I think would be really good as he has size. To be fair to Cruise I saw my karate master put down three guys easy but totally different skill set to a Savage like Reacher who stands and delivers and How😧

Now watching season two and loving it. Alan Ritchson is perfectly cast in the role. If they ever do a real remake of the Terminator, he is the guy.

Its a good one the wife and I enjoy watching

I like reading Reacher books on the beach. they are simple, relatively short, and the character is so strange that it actually enhances the appeal.

watching the new series thru episode 2, I am enjoying but just no way to make the Reacher character on screen exactly fit the mold of the guy in the book. Physcially they are close with this guy but reacher is not a bodybuilder. In the books, his obsession with black coffee and when he asks for it a odd times is silly funny. They have a hard time catching little things like that on screen. If you have not read the books, I'm sure some of this on screen looks juvinille but entertaining.

Now watching season two and loving it. Alan Ritchson is perfectly cast in the role. If they ever do a real remake of the Terminator, he is the guy.
I was thinking same thing.

Finished first 3 episodes, enjoyed so far.

New season is very good

Long time reader and so far this season rocks!

Physcially they are close with this guy but reacher is not a bodybuilder. In the books, his obsession with black coffee and when he asks for it a odd times is silly funny. They have a hard time catching little things like that on screen. If you have not read the books, I'm sure some of this on screen looks juvinille but entertaining.
Yeah Reacher is natural genetics and a survivor methodology learnt as a boy, I also drink too much coffee and it doesn't keep me awake....

I just finished the book this is based on a few months ago. My wife was getting perturbed that I kept saying "watch this" before it happened. Beside location, it follows the book pretty well. Really enjoying it.

Episode 4 be like

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Writing/dialogue is still goofy like it was meant to be watched on mute with subtitles. Show, don't tell!

Pushing for this to be our next series after we finish Ted Lasso.

A TV series is better for the "must follow the books" people.

This show is good.

Back