Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I've have a demo sleeve of Chrome Tours that I've been chipping and putting with, where they've been solid, but haven't put them in play on the course yet. On 18 yesterday I took an extra tee shot just to see and just smoked one down the right side. Rolled into the rough but I would have had less than a full swing wedge in. Definitely need to grab some of these up. I had an order into Callaway but it's been in limbo for a while. Gonna see if I can find something in yellow here to put in play soon. I've got a couple dozen 2022 CS in the backlog but now I'm tempted to just put these in play and not wait.

I've have a demo sleeve of Chrome Tours that I've been chipping and putting with, where they've been solid, but haven't put them in play on the course yet. On 18 yesterday I took an extra tee shot just to see and just smoked one down the right side. Rolled into the rough but I would have had less than a full swing wedge in. Definitely need to grab some of these up. I had an order into Callaway but it's been in limbo for a while. Gonna see if I can find something in yellow here to put in play soon. I've got a couple dozen 2022 CS in the backlog but now I'm tempted to just put these in play and not wait.
Have the 2022 CS been your gamer up to this point, or were you playing a different ball?

Have the 2022 CS been your gamer up to this point, or were you playing a different ball?
I've been playing the Chrome Soft since before the 2017 Grandaddy. They're a great all year ball and the yellow Truvis helps my aging eyes track the ball. I'm gonna go find some CTs next time I'm out to confirm it wasn't a fluke. If they're clearly better I may just keep my current stash for colder weather rounds.

I've been playing the Chrome Soft since before the 2017 Grandaddy. They're a great all year ball and the yellow Truvis helps my aging eyes track the ball. I'm gonna go find some CTs next time I'm out to confirm it wasn't a fluke. If they're clearly better I may just keep my current stash for colder weather rounds.
I'm so up in the air between the '24 CS and CT, I could easily play either one as my #1 ball. I have both right now and bounce back and forth between them trying to decide which one I like better.

I'm so up in the air between the '24 CS and CT, I could easily play either one as my #1 ball. I have both right now and bounce back and forth between them trying to decide which one I like better.
Yeah I was on the fence about whether or not it's a good fit for me as I never really got much more out of the CST, so I was waiting for the couple dozen I ordered with Callaway points, which is on backorder. Just need to go grab a box and see what's up. I feel like my driver swing is adequate, but not sure about my irons. Only one way to find out!

CT going into play this weekend assuming the course isn't under water.

Have loved it on the putting mat so far this early season- can't wait to see how it performs with the rest of the bag.

CT going into play this weekend assuming the course isn't under water.

Have loved it on the putting mat so far this early season- can't wait to see how it performs with the rest of the bag.
What ball have you been playing up to this point?

I picked up a box of the CT in yellow with 360 TT. Ugly but I think that's perfect. I may not even need to mark my ball. More important, I need to commit to the TT for lining up putts.
That is the #1 reason why I usually play colored balls, easily recognizable and almost always no need to mark the ball uniquely!

Do you choose the putter, then your ball? 😂

I agree a firmer face putter, then the CT really shines. It really pairs nicely with my milled Ai One 8T.

For approach shorts, how is the CT and CTX treating you on wind?
I think the CT preforms great in wind conditions, penetrating without ballooning.

ERC Soft was the ball for ‘22, RB Tour for ‘23 and now CT for ‘24.
Good choice! Can't go wrong with this year's Callaway lineup!

Do you choose the putter, then your ball? 😂

I agree a firmer face putter, then the CT really shines. It really pairs nicely with my milled Ai One 8T.

For approach shorts, how is the CT and CTX treating you on wind?
Not typically but never say never haha.

CTX I've been pretty impressed on in the wind. Been pretty much hitting the adjusted distance into the wind without any random ones that come up 20 yards short. I have less data on the CT but nothing bad to report yet

Played 9 today with the CT. One of my better ball striking rounds of the year and putted well too. Long game feel and feel with the AI One insert are starting to grow on me more and more.

Played 9 today with the CT. One of my better ball striking rounds of the year and putted well too. Long game feel and feel with the AI One insert are starting to grow on me more and more.
Interesting that you like the feel over the CT around the greens. I play CT and I’ve really liked the play/spin around the greens. Is there certain shots you prefer around the greens? Do you go for the same kind of shots around the green for the CTX and CT?

Interesting that you like the feel over the CT around the greens. I play CT and I’ve really liked the play/spin around the greens. Is there certain shots you prefer around the greens? Do you go for the same kind of shots around the green for the CTX and CT?
I would say I play a lot of square faced, mid spin type shots. I'm expecting a little bit of check, but not trying to generate maximum spin. On these types of shots I haven't really noticed much of a difference yet between the 2 balls. I've used pretty much the same shots, just like the CT feel a little more.

Going to get these back out for play this weekend. Maybe tomorrow night if the weather cooperates.

I picked up a box of the CT in yellow with 360 TT. Ugly but I think that's perfect. I may not even need to mark my ball. More important, I need to commit to the TT for lining up putts.
I am with you. I like playing a yellow ball for reasons others than it being a beautiful color. Did you look at the TruTrack? I am really torn between my next dozen being yellow TruTrack or yellow TT360.

Cant seem to escape the wind lately but the CTX performs very well in those conditions. Hoping tomorrow is calmer lol

Have a dozen I’m putting in play tomorrow.

I will be putting the chrome tours (team purgatory logo, and lone wolf) in play at Briggs Ranch.

I'm still going through the old x ls right now for the very limited rounds I have played this year.

Feel like I’ve adjusted to the feel of the Chrome Tour and feel really comfortable with it. Goes where I want it to when I put the right swing on it. Can’t prove it with stats yet, but feels like it might be a couple yards longer with driver than CTX for me. Also loving the white TruTrack.

I’m loving the CT. It might be my less lost golf ball I’ve ever had because of the general control I have with it and that’s with winter rust still. Yesterday on back 9 of my tour event went 7/7 on the fairway with my AI Smoke max driver. The control on pitches was just money. I kept hitting from 70-90 yards and spinning to a stop. I’ve started using the triple track lines off the tee as a direction guider. It might not be lined up perfect everytime but I think it helps me. Putting with it has been really solid. Consistently seeing the lines rolling over and good impact. Lost two golf balls yesterday (One on a narrow fairway against 30 mph gusts and other clipped by a branch that stopped what was a inch from a miraculous recovery shot into the green for a birdie and instead fell short of the edge by two feet in the water.)

I continue to be impressed with the Chrome Tour in windy conditions. I played two rounds this past week in some really gusty conditions and it seemed less difficult than usual to get my ball where I wanted it.

Back