Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Anyone seeing the Chrome Tour scuff easily?
I noticed some from wedge shots from bunkers and rolling up a dirt cart path.
Otherwise, I like the ball, althought the CS is probably the better fit for me.

I’ve seen good durability from the CT. Better than the Tour B RX that I have been comparing it to.

Finally managed to secure a dozen Chrome Tour and CTX. If only people would not insert themselves for my sim times, I could get comparative numbers for them aganst '24 CS.

Got a dozen CTs marked up and ready for my round tomorrow, and hopefully on Sunday. Haven't decided if I'm going to start with these or the 22 CS, but going to be comparing them to see which plays better for me.

I (mostly) played the Chrome Tour Wolf Truvis during my rounds before and after the Masters Tuesday practice round. I really like it off the tee with woods. I'm pretty happy with it off of irons. I don't know if it's spinning as much as I would like on close pitches and chips but that could very well just be me having the wrong expectations of my skill level. LOL. It seems like over the years I've hit more one hop and stoppers with regular Chrome Soft than CSX or CT, and that sort of makes me want to give regular CS more of a try again this year.

I had an eagle on a relatively short-ish par 5 during one of my rounds with the CT Wolf. I don't get eagles often so that's a solid feather in the CT's cap. :cool:

Maybe I've unlocked something in my swing (I don't think I have, but you never know), but I've been about a half club longer through the bag the last week or so on the sim and the course with Chrome Tour

Played 6 holes with the Chrome Tour, six holes with the CSX and six with the CSX LS. Off the tee I think the CSX was the longest of the three but it’s very close with the Chrome Tour. I think I’m going to shift my focus on the CT vs CSX and go from there. But man the CT was a fun ball to play today

I had the Chrome Tour out today and it was a joy to play with off irons and wedges. Great feel, great launch, great stopping power.

Chrome Tour gave me some really good check when I actually gave it a decent strike today. One shot in particular shocked me. 185yds to pin playing 195 up hill. Blasted a 6 iron that hits about 5 yards short of the pin and only rolls out 1-1.5 yards. I was shocked.

My Chrome Tour TruTrack made it through 18 today and still had a little life yet

One round in and I could easily see moving to the CT as my primary ball. Similar distances I was seeing with the 22 CS and spin seemed solid. Going to keep these in play for a bit and decide if I want to make the switch. I will say that I'm just playing the solid yellow and it might be easier to track in the air than the truvis for me. It's a little more pale shade of yellow than the 22 truvis.

I played the new Chrome Soft this weekend to compare to the Chrome Tour. I liked it a lot, but not quite sure it will replaced Chrome Tour as my #1 preferred ball. I have a 3 or 4 rounds scheduled in May and will probably play the Chrome Soft all of those rounds and decide.

I do prefer the feel of Chrome Soft over Chrome Tour, but not sure of the numbers. After only two rounds, I can only say that if one or the other wasn’t available, I would buy whichever was available and play it without hesitation.

I'm shocked how low Ballnamic has the Chrome Tour for wind score. It's probably the best wind ball I've ever played.

I agree with ballnamic's assessment on that. It felt like the least stable ball I tested on course.

I’ve played it in a TON Of high wind and it’s been tremendous, so I definitely agree with you.

@Nerdy played the CT WWG Truvis at Briggs last weekend and it seemed like CT just hit a wall when it was hit in to the wind.
I commented to him that that was my observation and he said he was noticing the same thing.
His ball would go just so far and then just drop like it hit a wall.

This was also my observation at my windy home course. There were some holes into the wind I was significantly shorter than where I usually am off the tee in similar conditions.

@Nerdy played the CT WWG Truvis at Briggs last weekend and it seemed like CT just hit a wall when it was hit in to the wind.
I commented to him that that was my observation and he said he was noticing the same thing.
Agreed. The CTX is one of the worst wind balls I’ve played in a long time. And the CT is not far behind.

I had the grandaddy CSX in play most of the weekend at Briggs without wind issue. Though the air was heavy.

Swapped between the WWG CT and GD CSX yesterday in slightly higher wind. And whatever I am doing to the ball, the CT is significantly worst in the wind.

Interesting, I still haven't had that issue and our winds have been wild, since we are "where the wind comes sweeping down the plains" hahaha

Interesting, I still haven't had that issue and our winds have been wild, since we are "where the wind comes sweeping down the plains" hahaha
Same here. In the times I played in the wind with it I did not see that at all.

Same here. In the times I played in the wind with it I did not see that at all.
I was hitting it into some 20 mph head winds this weekend and walked away super impressed.

Guess we are all different. Haha

I was hitting it into some 20 mph head winds this weekend and walked away super impressed.

For sure. I mean all things in the wind can only go so far and handle so much and there are a lot of factors, but I think this ball handles really well in the wind.

It was 15-20 and gusting this past weekend, and I hit several more longer than expected than shorter than expected. Haven't compared to anything else in similar conditions recently but I'm definitely not finding it to be a bad wind ball

My weekend round was not good for my ball collection, as sadly I lost my Chrome Tours. For the pair of holes I was playing it one it continued to perform well. Really enjoyed the stopping power and for me the ball seemed to cut through the wind pretty well, but it was mostly crosswinds, not directly into.

Can confirm it hydroplanes over a lake well. Had easily a six or seven skipper when I thinned one on a par three with a lake in front that found the green.

I dont know if I could survive in Oklahoma haha I absolutely despise the wind

Agreed. The CTX is one of the worst wind balls I’ve played in a long time. And the CT is not far behind.

I had the grandaddy CSX in play most of the weekend at Briggs without wind issue. Though the air was heavy.

Swapped between the WWG CT and GD CSX yesterday in slightly higher wind. And whatever I am doing to the ball, the CT is significantly worst in the wind.
I havent gotten a big sample size yet but my only Ohio round was with quite a bit of wind and I did not notice any issues like this into the wind but also like I said I have only played 1 windy round so far.

Small sample size, but I definitely hit a few shots that I thought would be all over the pin, for it to come up 10 yards short.

Feel wise, I loved the feel off the clubs and the putter. I am looking forward to getting some more time with this ball here at home playing courses I'm more familiar with to be able to compare it better to my normal ball

I will be getting the WWG Chrome Tours out in the wind and will see how they perform. I have always played Srixon on windy days as I felt they perform the best.

Interesting. I had one super windy afternoon but didn’t notice the Chrome Tour being better or worse than anything else I have played.

Back