Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I continue to be so impressed with the Chrome Tour in windy conditions. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say it's the best performing ball in the wind I've ever used.

I played on a beautiful spring day yesterday, the first real good weather that I have had for a local round in ‘24. I now own 6 boxes of Chrome Tour that I picked up at a great price in a silent auction for a charity, so it looks like Chrome Tour is my ball for the foreseeable future, but that is great, because I am so impressed with it.

In my round yesterday, I hit more middle irons than I can remember in some time, partly because I hit some stinky drives on the front 9. I saw what to my eye looked like the exact window and flight I want with longer irons. On one par 3 that plays 195 to 205 yards, slightly uphill, I hit my 23* T200U iron. The ball had a piercing flight, but still stopped about 10 feet from the ball mark. Shot Scope measured the shot at 201 yards. In my progression of irons, I have wanted that club to be my 195 to 200 yard club, so it is perfect. I need good ball speed from my mid irons, because that is a weak part of my game and I believe that the Chrome Tour gives me exactly what I need.

I played on a beautiful spring day yesterday, the first real good weather that I have had for a local round in ‘24. I now own 6 boxes of Chrome Tour that I picked up at a great price in a silent auction for a charity, so it looks like Chrome Tour is my ball for the foreseeable future, but that is great, because I am so impressed with it.

In my round yesterday, I hit more middle irons than I can remember in some time, partly because I hit some stinky drives on the front 9. I saw what to my eye looked like the exact window and flight I want with longer irons. On one par 3 that plays 195 to 205 yards, slightly uphill, I hit my 23* T200U iron. The ball had a piercing flight, but still stopped about 10 feet from the ball mark. Shot Scope measured the shot at 201 yards. In my progression of irons, I have wanted that club to be my 195 to 200 yard club, so it is perfect. I need good ball speed from my mid irons, because that is a weak part of my game and I believe that the Chrome Tour gives me exactly what I need.
Nice to hear that you got a round in in good weather. Nice to see you getting good results from the Chrome Tour.

Officially started the move to the CT as my 2024 golf ball today.

Played the TruTrack and it was a lot of fun. Still plenty of spin for me right now, and just a really really fast golf ball for me as well.

The way too many dozens I bought showed up this afternoon so, that's fun. Hahaha

Played 9 with the Chrome Tour yesterday. I have been gaming the Chrome Tour X, but a certain ball fitting website suggested Chrome Tour may be better based on my preferences of a less workable ball.

Playing 9 in a row brought out more differences between CT and CTX than my previous sim comparisons and playing a couple holes here and there with the CT.

The CT's durability seemed much better than my past holes played with it. It was more similar this time to CTX yellow TruTrack which I've been happy with durability wise.

On the greens I found it pretty similar to CTX inside 10 feet but softer outside of that. Our greens are extremely slow right now due to how wet the course is, so I had to hit the putts pretty hard. I found I didn't care for the extra softness with the CT in these conditions. Will have to see if that improves with a firmer putter (used AI JB Mini today) or when the speeds are closer to normal. I found I missed having the TruTrack on this ball (have some CT TruTrack en route) so that's a differentiator as this competes with other balls.

I had a good day with the short game. I don't really remember noticing the different ball there, so guessing it was back in the "subtle differences" territory there.

Tee to green it did feel like the CT was moving a little less right to left but that could have been placebo since that's what I was looking for. Will have to get some more reps in there. I found the CT felt less firm and less hot than CTX, definitely a preference for the feel of CTX there. No real indication of there actually being a distance difference, just a feel difference. I didn't really discrern a difference in ball flight on this 9, and greens were too soft to tell off there was much of a difference in how it was reacting on the green.

Going to keep testing the CT as well as some other stuff and see where it goes.

Chrome Tour is a really great ball introduced by Callaway this year. I’ve really liked CS but felt like maybe I wasn’t getting the distances I wanted but I really didn’t like the CSX models. CT feels exactly in between where I want the performance and the feel to be.

Im seeing great distances off the tee, without the ball ballooning into the air, and a lot of check on the greens when I have a scoring iron in hand. The ball really makes me comfortable pin hunting from 110 yds and in, and hitting my target section of the green out to 140-150 range. Plenty of stopping power for the scoring irons and plenty of distances for the woods!

Played a round with Tru-Track. While I am not sure I prefer it over triple track I could totally game it. Seemed plenty easy to line up. It’s fun watching it spin or roll.

Played a round with Tru-Track. While I am not sure I prefer it over triple track I could totally game it. Seemed plenty easy to line up. It’s fun watching it spin or roll.
That is a fun ball. I could not get it in yellow when I stocked up, so it is Triple Track, which I am also like.

That is a fun ball. I could not get it in yellow when I stocked up, so it is Triple Track, which I am also like.
It is fun. But when it comes to the 4 for 3 I will take what I can get.

I have a bit of the X now but really am tempted to order 4 dozen Chrome Tour too. I don’t need more golf balls but it is tempting to take advantage of it while here.

I bought CS Triple Tracks on the B3G1 sale, but I would have rather had TruTrack. I bought a dozen CS TruTrack last month and like them better than TT.

I could go on and on about distance but this ball is so nasty on wedges shots. I can’t tell you how many spin shots I’ve been doing with my Jaws and Gap wedge. Today I hit atleast 5 gap wedge shots into the green and just stopped it on the spot near the hole. At one point I ran off 5 straight pars just hitting wedges in and making the putt. Plus a few near misses on birdie which I hope will come a week from now in my tour event.

I played the CTX for the first time yesterday with @mantan

The ball is about a full club/ club and a half longer than my QST. It didn't hook or slice as wickedly as I was anticipating. Really need to play a few more rounds with this one.

Not just this ball specific but putting practice is happening more often with Triple Track. It really seems to be making a difference in my setup

We have had a lot of wind lately and the CTX does very well. I love the greenside performance in the CTX and even with some mid irons when I hit a green there is very minimal roll out.

Took the Chrome Tour TruTrack out Saturday along with CTX and ProV1. Instead of the AI One I brought used a Cobra Supernova-20. With the firmer feeling face of the Cobra I actually preferred the Chrome Tour over the other 2 balls. After initially committing to Yellow TruTrack in CTX I think I might like the white TruTrack better.

Around the greens Chrome Tour also felt the best to me out of the 3. A little softer than CTX and felt like I lost the ProV1 for some reason.

In the long game I prefer the feel of CTX and ProV1 as they feel like they have a little more pop to them. CT feel is growing on me here given how it feels around the greens.

Leaning toward playing CT in our first members tournament this Friday.

Flipped to the Chrome Soft this week in practice, and proceeded to hit PB 7 iron ball speeds.... like 6 different times lol. One was a solid 4 mph faster than everything else I have hit this year.

I can't even imagine how things are going to go once I start hitting things decently well again!

I didn't want to start the whole Chrome Soft vs Chrome Tour thing again, but it looks like more testing is needed now lol.

Played the CTX again yesterday and again really enjoyed it. I had an absolutely awful day off the tee box but it totally wasn't the balls fault. It's just got the right amout of spin/rollout on the short game shots that I expect and I haven't yet noticed it spinning like crazy and killing my drives. Yesterday was my fault, not the balls.

I played 9 holes with the CSX-LS and 9 holes with Chrome Tour over the weekend in windy conditions and both performed really well. I must say that there is a feel / sound that I really like with the Chrome Tour. I was a big fan of CSX-LS and now I'm trying to burn through the stack I have as the Chrome Tour is my ball!

I played the CTX for the first time yesterday with @mantan

The ball is about a full club/ club and a half longer than my QST. It didn't hook or slice as wickedly as I was anticipating. Really need to play a few more rounds with this one.
This sounds like the CTX might be a moneyball for you, what are you hoping to see as you play the ball more? what did you think about the feel difference between the 2?

For @Just_Brad

I’ll be playing the triple track since I have about 1000 of them now

IMG_9005.jpeg

Took the Chrome Tour TruTrack out Saturday along with CTX and ProV1. Instead of the AI One I brought used a Cobra Supernova-20. With the firmer feeling face of the Cobra I actually preferred the Chrome Tour over the other 2 balls. After initially committing to Yellow TruTrack in CTX I think I might like the white TruTrack better.

Around the greens Chrome Tour also felt the best to me out of the 3. A little softer than CTX and felt like I lost the ProV1 for some reason.

In the long game I prefer the feel of CTX and ProV1 as they feel like they have a little more pop to them. CT feel is growing on me here given how it feels around the greens.

Leaning toward playing CT in our first members tournament this Friday.
Do you choose the putter, then your ball? 😂

I agree a firmer face putter, then the CT really shines. It really pairs nicely with my milled Ai One 8T.

For approach shorts, how is the CT and CTX treating you on wind?

Back