Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Yesterday I played in probably the toughest conditions with course and wind conditions combined. The wind was a constant 15ish mph with gusts up to 20-25. The CTX continues to impress me and I'm getting more and more confident with it hitting into a head wind. One situation I was 160 out, which is a 9 iron for me. I pull 8, feeling it's a club longer wind, I fly the green. Drop another ball, hit 9, just short of the pin on the green.

Another was on a par 3, playing 197 and into a good wind. This yardage is right in the middle of my 6iron range and I bet it went 203 for a 2 putt par.

Cross winds are still really a non factor with this ball. This ball is going to be in play for a very long time.

I wasn't very good today 😀 But the CT held its distances and line in the wind very well. I didn't adjust a single iron shot for the wind to see how it does. And the results were really good. Maybe 1-3m to any direction even on full swing wedge shots. Didn't notice any effect on drives.

Put the chrome tour in play again yesterday. Greens are finally starting to heal up from Spring punch with minor effects on the ball rolling and such. Greens were super soft though.

That said, I did not have my best ball striking day but managed to still score ok. It’s wild how that happens. I still enjoy the feel, sound and distance I get with the CT. I’m going to continue to tinker with it but it was good to see that even being a little off that I was able to still score well with this ball.

Put the chrome tour in play again yesterday. Greens are finally starting to heal up from Spring punch with minor effects on the ball rolling and such. Greens were super soft though.

That said, I did not have my best ball striking day but managed to still score ok. It’s wild how that happens. I still enjoy the feel, sound and distance I get with the CT. I’m going to continue to tinker with it but it was good to see that even being a little off that I was able to still score well with this ball.
Did the CT perform better for you with a type of swing issue? Or did you just have one miss all day? I've seen it work very well for me for thinned shots (still gets decent launch and spin) but fat shots, I'm not sure there's a ball in the world that can help my swing!

Did the CT perform better for you with a type of swing issue? Or did you just have one miss all day? I've seen it work very well for me for thinned shots (still gets decent launch and spin) but fat shots, I'm not sure there's a ball in the world that can help my swing!
There were a couple of thinner type shots that went long but held greens just fine. Outside of that, I was getting a little ahead yesterday causing this push cut all day long. I was able to keep it in play all day and only had one lost ball on the day.

I'm a believer in Chrome Tour. Great distance, plenty of spin on approach, even for me. Wildly minimal wind effect, especially into the wind. Need to not club up as much as with the previous CSX.

I'm a believer in Chrome Tour. Great distance, plenty of spin on approach, even for me. Wildly minimal wind effect, especially into the wind. Need to not club up as much as with the previous CSX.
This is the part that excites me the most, the fact that it barely reacts to the wind. Especially as windy as it's been here early season. No ballooning or getting caught up in the wind. It's been a welcomed revelation since switching.

This is the part that excites me the most, the fact that it barely reacts to the wind. Especially as windy as it's been here early season. No ballooning or getting caught up in the wind. It's been a welcomed revelation since switching.
The last two rounds I almost flew over one particular par 3 green to front and middle pins because I was taking too much club. Going one club shorter will be a welcome adjustment.

I know there have been a few posts about these, but I wanted to share the close up from my IG feed. Love these and just need to decide on CT or CS to grab some. I might buy both IMG_0544.png

I know there have been a few posts about these, but I wanted to share the close up from my IG feed. Love these and just need to decide on CT or CS to grab some. I might buy both View attachment 9261809
I'm gonna have to pick up a dozen of the CT USA!

Played the CT yesterday and it has a surprising amount of spin around the greens. Also still just love the feel/ sound of the CT over the CTX and other competitors. That is one thing that will make me stick with the CT for awhile!

Played CT on Sunday in cool windy conditions. This ball seems to ignore the wind especially when the wind is into or across. I found the higher launch coupled with lower spin off my mid irons to be troubling for distance control but this was my first time playing the CT so I know in time I could adjust. I was impress how quickly the ball stopped; it just went 1/2 to 3/4 of a club longer than my game ball. The short game spin was surprisingly good. Definitely going to try CTX to see if mid iron spin helps distance control.

Played a couple Chrome Soft and a couple Chrome Tour this weekend, ending up leaving them in the woods as lost offerings to the golf gods.

The biggest takeaway? In windy conditions, with terrible greens, I cannot tell any performance difference between the two. Even feel off the putter, no clue (it was so windy and uncomfortable, difficult to make observations).

Perhaps the biggest thing was on approach shots, feeling like I could really be more aggressive at pins using the higher end balls, and trusting that the ball will do it's share of the work to keep me close.

Playing partner was using last year's TruTrack that I gave him for Christmas. Man I still love the look of TruTrack so so much.

I have serious interest in trying the Chrome Tour X. The Chrome Tour is real good but I keep finding myself going back to the Chrome Soft X. I need to try the CTX

It's been interesting to watch Xander as a former LS guy transition to the X. He started with the Chrome Tour this year but moved away from it, and his ball and clubs combinations stands out a bit now to me. The other guy I keep an eye on for equipment stuff plays different ball brand so I can't really gather much from that on these. And it's been interesting to see how it's all playing out on course for Xander.

Last edited:
I alternated back and forth yesterday between Chrome Tour and Chrome Soft during my round. This has been an ongoing battle for me since December, and neither ball will jump clearly ahead and declare itself the winner for me. They both perform well and either one could easily be my #1 ball, with only very slight adjustment needed for the minor differences in greenside performance.

I hope to get the Chrome Tour out this Friday to try out!

M
I know there have been a few posts about these, but I wanted to share the close up from my IG feed. Love these and just need to decide on CT or CS to grab some. I might buy both View attachment 9261809
My wife might murder me if more golf balls show up at the house

I feel your pain.
There a massive pile of Chrome Tour sleeves in the mudroom, which I've been asked to move because it's an eyesore. Some people just don't understand interior design.

I alternated back and forth yesterday between Chrome Tour and Chrome Soft during my round. This has been an ongoing battle for me since December, and neither ball will jump clearly ahead and declare itself the winner for me. They both perform well and either one could easily be my #1 ball, with only very slight adjustment needed for the minor differences in greenside performance.
Can you compare and contrast at all?

Kinda want to try something with the Tru Track.

What are folks thought about CS v. CT?

Back