Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I lost my last CTx today, which made me sad. It made it five rounds before it finally found a one way ticket to a forestry grave.

Until then, solid distance off the tee and it spins a little more around the green then the CT. When my greens are firm, the extra spin is nice.

Spent some time rolling the CT on my mat this evening while it poured outside. Impressed with the feel off the face of my putter's and think I'm definitely going to like rolling it this year.

CTX just cemented its spot as my gamer today. Today I got to play in two separate conditions and this ball performed perfectly, honestly way better than I expected. First 9 was damp and cool out after a rain had just come through, second was extremely windy. I'm trying to remember but I feel like when I played the CT it had a much higher flight and had a tendency to balloon on me. The X just had crazy awesome penetrating flight that I was never worried about it spinning up.

Playing in the wind, this ball was so minimally affected by cross winds or head winds. It was fun to see the guys I was playing with, they were using V1 and V1X and the wind ate them up. They would be 1.5-2 clubs short and balls just ballooning and getting blown way off line or having to play the wind so it would land where they wanted. I didn't seem to have that problem, I actually went long on two shots, hit the yardages I needed and ended up off line a bit only because the wind did effect the ball like I thought it should.

Really exited for this season with ball.

I played on super windy course today. Played the Ctx on front and ct tour on back. Both performed well in the wind. I think the Ctx ball is the one for me.

CTX just cemented its spot as my gamer today. Today I got to play in two separate conditions and this ball performed perfectly, honestly way better than I expected. First 9 was damp and cool out after a rain had just come through, second was extremely windy. I'm trying to remember but I feel like when I played the CT it had a much higher flight and had a tendency to balloon on me. The X just had crazy awesome penetrating flight that I was never worried about it spinning up.

Playing in the wind, this ball was so minimally affected by cross winds or head winds. It was fun to see the guys I was playing with, they were using V1 and V1X and the wind ate them up. They would be 1.5-2 clubs short and balls just ballooning and getting blown way off line or having to play the wind so it would land where they wanted. I didn't seem to have that problem, I actually went long on two shots, hit the yardages I needed and ended up off line a bit only because the wind did effect the ball like I thought it should.

I noticed that too. Ball does well in cross winds.

IMG_1265.jpeg

Tried the Wolf CT Truvis today...my first round with any of the new lineup. Ball striking wasn’t great today so data is kind of limited. Not sure I was getting as much spin around the greens as I’d like but definitely could have been a technique thing. I did hit a couple of bombs with driver and one with 4wd

here was the 4wd shot…after a poor drive I had 270ish to the middle but flag was back on a tiered green…

IMG_1263.png

15mph wind in my back and ball sitting up just about perfectly on a tuft of grass in the rough.

ripped my Paradym 4wd about as fast as can. It was a slight push but decent height so got up in that wind. Ended up going about 280 which is probably the longest fairway shot of my life.

IMG_1264.png

Finley told us! :love:

1711859558176.jpeg

In the very limited rounds both casual and tour events this year I’ve noticed the touch around the greens with CT is just nasty. Those 80 and in shots you can just full stop or throw some serious back spin on your pitch shots. Funny thing is out of bunkers though you can definitely get some significant roll out as I had a pretty long bunker shot the other day and it rolled out 8-9 ft to 2 ft from the hole. The flight is just crazy. On a shorter par 5 the other day I absolutely ripped one and was left with 50 yards to the green (We had a marker right by to confirmed.). Absolutely mind boggling drive. Right now having just got my irons I’m still learning distances but the other day I had 200 to the green out of the rough and had a tree hanging real low. Hit a stinger under the branches and the stinger flew the green by 15 yds 😆. Off the putter I honestly don’t notice much difference from my old chrome soft. Impact feels pretty much the same to me which is nice. Every tour event last year I played Chrome soft and overall I notice only a bit more firmness with the CT. I will say whether my putting has simply improved from my T Two and my new Ko grip style I’ve been making a lot of putts with my CT.

They are great in the wind. I have not seen any issues with the CT ballooning for me. Played yesterday and it was super windy. Had one hole where the ball was getting blown around on the green.

For me, I have not played a better ball for windy conditions. I’m glad you noted the difference in not needing to club up as much. It’s something I have noticed as well. Windy conditions are typically a nightmare for me. I hit it high and am not great at flighting the ball. I’ve seen a flatter ball flight throughout the bag and have a level of control in the wind I haven’t had before.

That has meant on the course not seeing the ball more as much side to side when things are off.

CT’s are performing on the greens this morning. This spin I am seeing is ridiculous! Three shots into the green and the ball has backed up each time.

Another day giving the CTX a chance. It is just so erratic and shorter compared to the CSX. It's crazy what I'm seeing vs what most are seeing around here.
Have you compared them on a launch monitor by chance

I played on super windy course today. Played the Ctx on front and ct tour on back. Both performed well in the wind. I think the Ctx ball is the one for me.
What makes you like the chrome tour x more than chrome tour?

What makes you like the chrome tour x more than chrome tour?
I feel like I get better height and spin with long and mid irons. Still unsure though, I’m not consistent enough.

Chrome Tour worked great for me yesterday! The greens I hit in reg didn't spin back, which is what I prefer! Plenty of distance and went into the wind well

I LOVE the Chrome Tour X...I also LOVE the Chrome Tour. We are in a love triangle that I'm in no hurry to fix lol

The flight. The spin. The feel. The distance. All working together with my new clubs has been pretty fantastic. I did see some advantages to both yesterday. I personally had the X hang up a couple times in the wind with irons or wedges. I ended up putting that ball out of play (though I saw it on the side of the road as I was leaving and you're damn right I stopped to pick it up) and used the CT for some similar shots and saw the distance I was expecting. I did however see some drives in to the wind with the X that pierced right through it. More testing needed.

It was up and down yesterday with the wind and losing a swing halfway through a round. Scores didn't show it, but the confidence and comfortability with these balls are growing. I will eventually need to pick a ball for the benefit of my own game. For now though, the love triangle lives on

I LOVE the Chrome Tour X...I also LOVE the Chrome Tour. We are in a love triangle that I'm in no hurry to fix lol

The flight. The spin. The feel. The distance. All working together with my new clubs has been pretty fantastic. I did see some advantages to both yesterday. I personally had the X hang up a couple times in the wind with irons or wedges. I ended up putting that ball out of play (though I saw it on the side of the road as I was leaving and you're damn right I stopped to pick it up) and used the CT for some similar shots and saw the distance I was expecting. I did however see some drives in to the wind with the X that pierced right through it. More testing needed.

It was up and down yesterday with the wind and losing a swing halfway through a round. Scores didn't show it, but the confidence and comfortability with these balls are growing. I will eventually need to pick a ball for the benefit of my own game. For now though, the love triangle lives on

I played 9 today switching between CT and CTX on different holes. I'm with you. There's a lot to like about both balls. I think for my game the CT is a better day to day option, and I will consider the CTX if I need more greenside spin as courses dry and firm up. But regardless, I'm smitten.

Course pro gave me these balls to play. He's Callaway sponsored but previously did not like Callaway balls to the point he wouldn't play them. Apparently the new CTX completed changed his tune. For him to get excited enough about a ball to give me some to try is far from his norm. Callaway hit it out of the park this year with the new balls.

First round a couple of days ago with the Chrome Soft. It was quite durable indeed! It was super wet, sandy on the greens and elsewhere too. Lost one ball on the first tee shot, then had one go the next 11 holes intact. A bit scuffed, but nothing that would've caused me to toss it.

Hard to say anything about the spin performance with the greens being what they are now. But I felt the CS held the wind really well and I was seeing nice distance and launch from it. I still have 10, so I'll be putting the CS in play for as long as they last. Sim numbers seemed to correlate well with outdoors, but better conditions will tell more.

Unfortunately my CT&CTX order was cancelled due to Callaway not being able to supply balls to the retailer yet.

Second round with this ball tonight, nine holes. 15-20mph winds, gusts to 30. This ball just bores through the wind and holds its line great. Great greenside control. If anything I can be more aggressive with it because it checks up so well. Great feel off the putter. So far really impressed.

Rolled more on the putt out this evening with the CT- think I'm really going to like this ball this year. Hoping to actually be able to make it to a course this weekend if mother nature cooperates.

We had a "Masters Leith Par3" last night and there were 12 holes set up for the evening Tourney, who knew that even par for the night would put me in for a tie at first. The Chrome Tour on this windy Wednesday evening was sitting and stopping even on this down wind shots. 24 players and 4 tied at even par! Love the Chrome Tours

Back