2024 TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver Copper

It’s a niche club, so there’s really no overcoming thing they’re solving. They’re basically fairway woods more than miniature drivers, but that name doesn’t sell.

Roger that. My first thought is with one of these I’d yank the driver and 3W and probably live happily ever after.

Roger that. My first thought is with one of these I’d yank the driver and 3W and probably live happily ever after.
All about what someone needs/wants.

I think what is lost on the internet is, yes, it’s more forgiving than a traditional 3w, but no, it is NOT going to be more forgiving than a 460cc driver head.

It’s the shaft length that makes it more playable for most.

I think what is lost on the internet is, yes, it’s more forgiving than a traditional 3w, but no, it is NOT going to be more forgiving than a 460cc driver head.

It’s not more forgiving but it is easier for me to turn over. Might be a mental thing but it works

How much though with the smaller head helps folks square it? The CG is closer to the shaft. Mizuno has talked of that before and much like the 10k MOI talk.

(but yeah, the 460 head protects misses better, that’s physics)

How much though with the smaller head helps folks square it? The CG is closer to the shaft. Mizuno has talked of that before and much like the 10k MOI talk.

(but yeah, the 460 head protects misses better, that’s physics)
Possibly depending on internal CG location as well. But in that case it’s the same as why for some a 3w is easier to “control” than driver. It’s the shorter club that is thus easier to square.

It’s not more forgiving but it is easier for me to turn over. Might be a mental thing but it works
Nah, mental or not, it’s reality for you. But the length has a massive part of that, then slap that big(ish) head on the end of it and it’s a confidence booster for the right people.

But even as someone who is probably the biggest mini driver fan on THP, I also understand it is NOOOOOOOTTTT a club for most golfers.

This really intrigues me. I can hit my current 3W off the tee pretty accurately about 230 at 15.5 degrees. My 10.5 degree driver can go about 260, but isn't as accurate. I'm thinking this club would kind of split the difference and be the best of both worlds. But do I want to spend $380 (military discount) to find out?

This really intrigues me. I can hit my current 3W off the tee pretty accurately about 230 at 15.5 degrees. My 10.5 degree driver can go about 260, but isn't as accurate. I'm thinking this club would kind of split the difference and be the best of both worlds. But do I want to spend $380 (military discount) to find out?

short answer? yes.

just yes.

I think I want one but can’t decide on which loft? Leaning towards the 13* head thinking a bit more separation from the diver? Those that game or have games a mini driver any pros/cons between the 2 lofts? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And the 13.5* is a formidable weapon downwind. For more moderate swing speed players, a tailwind often means less carry because there isn't enough spin or loft to keep the ball airborne. The tail wind just knocks the ball out of the air. Today we are expecting 15 mph winds gusting into the mid 20's. I'll be bagging a 9* Paradigm and the 13.5 mini. 7 wood is going to have to stay home so I'll go from the mini to 5 wood, 4H,

I think I want one but can’t decide on which loft? Leaning towards the 13* head thinking a bit more separation from the diver? Those that game or have games a mini driver any pros/cons between the 2 lofts? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have the 13 and prefer that. It spins a little more but that helps me find fairways and at 13 I can play it off the deck if the lie is favorable. I don’t think I would at 11.

Reactions: MH
Having owned an original this is kind of fun I think. That head over is… man what were they thinking back then.?😂

I haven’t hit the 13° but I have the 11°. I went with it lofted up .75° and the heavy weight forward to knock off spin. I don’t have any issues with not enough spin. I think with the 13° I would have to loft it down, which is a no-no for me because that opens the face.

I got the 13.5* because I wanted a club that was easier to work without over cooking it, and something I could hoist up over some uphill doglegs on a couple of league courses I play. Great option for me down any wind over 10 mph.Also easier to hit of the deck, but honestly, I usually don't unless I need to burn a low long runner under some trees or under the wind.

I just ordered one because I am a shameless club hoarder with poor enforcement of my own personal boundaries. I am sure I will love it and it will transform my game.

I just ordered one because I am a shameless club hoarder with poor enforcement of my own personal boundaries. I am sure I will love it and it will transform my game.
What loft did you go with?

@Jman what loft is your original one?

Meant to put this in the new thread

@Jman what loft is your original one?

Meant to put this in the new thread
13.5, I never use the lower lofts in the mini’s, makes no sense to me.

13.5, I never use the lower lofts in the mini’s, makes no sense to me.
That’s what I was thinking as well. Thanks

Give it a try at the store at least.

Do these live up to the hype and cost or are they no better than a deep faced 3 wood, like Cobra Big Tour.
I found the 300 mini to have more forgiveness, especially off the tee, than the Big Tour. Big Tour would get the nod for playing off the deck as it was a more playable for me there, at least when I was a little quicker and could elevate it

Do these live up to the hype and cost or are they no better than a deep faced 3 wood, like Cobra Big Tour.
I think so. It was by far the most accurate club I hit during my driver fitting.

Entirely dependent on the golfer. IMO, most would be better off with a 4W.

But, they can also be a lot of fun.

I’ll keep saying it and keep annoying people, but it’s the truth, they’re niche clubs, not everyone clubs

Back