2024 TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver Copper

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The resurgence of the Mini Driver was certainly not on my 2024 bingo card, but with rumors of companies like PXG and even Titleist possibly getting into the game, it should be no surprise to us that TaylorMade is reminding everyone they never left. While the mini driver is absolutely a niche club, TaylorMade remains committed to it, and this time we are getting another blending of tech and nostalgia with the BRNR Mini Driver Copper.

Continue reading...

Interesting. I had already decided that when one league starts Tuesday I was going to bag the 13.5* mini as my only driver due to the course we are starting on. It's not long, (3100 yds for 9) but has a couple of tee shots that require working the ball pretty hard to get into optimal position, and with the mini I don't tend to overcook a draw as much as I do with a full sized driver. I'll check out the new one, but it has to be really, really good to push my current Burner Mini out of the bag.

Woof, that looks not the greatest with the copper accent, and that cover looks terrible.

Woof, that looks not the greatest with the copper accent, and that cover looks terrible.
That cover is inside out,, see the seams? I am willing to bet that like all the TM tube covers ,its reversible. I bet it's black and copper on the "real" exterior.

I think the club looks pretty nice and appears to have a lot of tech and adjustability available. Will be interesting to hear how it plays. The cover is “interesting “, more youth oriented but doesn’t turn me off.

Now the price if going to be someone’s main driver albeit steep is still less than most current drivers but still not cheap. I bet this club gets a lot of demo testing at big box stores.

Other than the sole and the copper accent there doesn’t seem to be much difference from the original BRNR. I guess if you use it off the turf a lot it could be worth it but I don’t see any reason to “upgrade”.

I actually really like the "retro" look to the club. I thought this would be an auto purchase, but I've had enough success with a regular driver lately that now I'm not so sure

Not my thing, but I like the old school logo on the sole.

• Staff
FWIW, that is the INSIDE of the cover, meaning turned inside out. I picked that pic that was provided because it’s something the old TM driver covers used to do, there were always fun covers on the inside, and they’ve brought that bit of nostalgia back for this version of the mini and the previous one. It’s fun.

That cover is inside out,, see the seams? I am willing to bet that like all the TM tube covers ,it’s reversible. I bet it's black and copper on the "real" exterior.
Correct, it’s the fun side so I put that pic in, cause the “normal side” is….oof.

IMG_6539.jpeg

I actually think the copper frame looks pretty cool against the black carbon crown.

I’m so so on the old school logo, but I’m a fan of the looks of the club overall.

It’s one I’m willing to go trade some things in for to be able to test out.

1712316378258.png
cover is reversible

I actually think the copper frame looks pretty cool against the black carbon crown.

I’m so so on the old school logo, but I’m a fan of the looks of the club overall.

It’s one I’m willing to go trade some things in for to be able to test out.
Did they change any of the working bits compared to the last BRNR mini release? It looks like it’s just a cosmetic change from last year.

Like you, I dig that copper trim, enough that I may swap some in as well, but was curious if there was any tech changes

Did they change any of the working bits compared to the last BRNR mini release? It looks like it’s just a cosmetic change from last year.

Like you, I dig that copper trim, enough that I may swap some in as well, but was curious if there was any tech changes
They didn’t provide much info on that, pretty vague details were given, but again, adding the second weight which is flippable now front and back, is a notable change that takes it beyond just cosmetic.

Is it a revolutionary change? No. But I don’t think it needed to be when the last version was sold out and became a cult thing on the secondary market.

EDIT - it’s old tech! From the last version, I got mixed up thinking the 300 which was the last one I bought!

Last edited:
Not my thing, but I like the old school logo on the sole.
The old school logo looks good there. The club looks nice but it’s not something that interests me as I’m not looking for or considering a mini driver.

They didn’t provide much info on that, pretty vague details were given, but again, adding the second weight which is flippable now front and back, is a notable change that takes it beyond just cosmetic.

Is it a revolutionary change? No. But I don’t think it needed to be when the last version was sold out and became a cult thing on the secondary market.
I’m pretty sure the weights were flippable last year as well, but agreed, with how they sold out so quick there really isn’t a need to make any big changes.

It’s funny, I wrote the release article and was pretty “meh” on it, but then I sit here where the long time mini driver fan that I am takes control and I want it.

I’m pretty sure the weights were flippable last year as well, but agreed, with how they sold out so quick there really isn’t a need to make any big changes.
****, you’re right, I had the 300 mini in my damn head 🤣🤪😭

In that case, no, not much change at all, more of a re release to provide more numbers available since the previous became popular.

I think it looks kinda cool!

Mini Drivers really aren't my thing, but I kinda like the nostalgic look.

I think it looks kinda cool!

Mini Drivers really aren't my thing, but I kinda like the nostalgic look.
And there’s actually a lefty option! Haha

I want one, but I also want to wait and see the PXG and Titleist ones (if that one releases).

Wish Callaway would get back in the game with their tech in a mini, but, I know why they don’t, it’s a MEGA niche release.

I really like the TaylorMade logo on bottom. I really hate the copper accent on the crown. But, it will go well with a set of copper P-790s rumored to be coming down the pipeline.

I will tell my 32 yr old high speed son about it. Thx.

I've never hit a mini driver but plan to. I love the smaller head size....
I've never really gotten used to swinging driver with a head darn near the size of a lunch plate! :ROFLMAO:

Back