2024 TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver Copper

This release made me get out my old 300 mini and honestly, I think it looked better (to me). It’s also made me put some new rebar in it so I can take it back out because I’m not dropping this kind of coin on a new one.

I love everything retro about this!

I would have to wait for a max or 10k of this lol.

I think it's pretty cool and would be a fun club to mess around with.

It should come with a retro matching TaylorMade hat 👍

This release made me get out my old 300 mini and honestly, I think it looked better (to me). It’s also made me put some new rebar in it so I can take it back out because I’m not dropping this kind of coin on a new one.
I’m kinda the other way, I think I like the look of the copper better, plus I like to tinker so the weights can allow that.

That said, I didn’t love the shaft. Only way I see getting this if if the local shop has some in hand and are willing to work with me to swap the shaft from the 300 mini into this one.

Great write up as usual @Jman. I am so curious to try one these, I just don’t know what would have to come out of my bag. I really like 3 wood and that is the only club that makes sense to drop for one of these. Honestly have only hit one and that was way back in 2019 at the TM experience, don’t even deny which model @Jman had in his bag at that time? I do remember being surprised how easy it was to hit off the deck though.

Great write up as usual @Jman. I am so curious to try one these, I just don’t know what would have to come out of my bag. I really like 3 wood and that is the only club that makes sense to drop for one of these. Honestly have only hit one and that was way back in 2019 at the TM experience, don’t even deny which model @Jman had in his bag at that time? I do remember being surprised how easy it was to hit off the deck though.
That was the original one!

• Appreciation
Reactions: MH
I’m going back to PXG in Cincinnati next Friday to hit the Black Ops again. I’m taking the BRNR this time. They may beat it but it won’t be by much. Even if they do the BRNR is staying in the bag for now.
Bumping this to say they couldn’t beat the BRNR. Not this time anyway. I wasn’t swinging very fast (my fast ain’t fast) because I had just finished my iron fitting but I would think that would give the PXG the edge. Nope, mini was 220 carry dead straight. PXG was 215 carry and all over the place.

I know this is a niche club but if you struggle with driver off the tee it’s worth trying out.

Last edited:
I think I prefer the look of the last version. Not a fan of the lettering (probably in minority with that statement).

If I could hit a 3W at all I’d look into this but hard to justify the cost when I struggle with my woods as it is.

1000% a niche club. Most have no business playing one honestly.

For me, it’s another tee club because I don’t want another 460 driver cut short in my bag. Plus, I’ve never had a problem hitting them off the deck, so it’s still versatile.
What type of player are these meant for? I’m really curious, I’m sure I’m not in that niche, but it works for me. I cannot hit a regular driver, but I can hit a mini driver, dead straight and with as much or more distance as a normal driver.

What type of player are these meant for? I’m really curious, I’m sure I’m not in that niche, but it works for me. I cannot hit a regular driver, but I can hit a mini driver, dead straight and with as much or more distance as a normal driver.
There’s not a defined one

Why you gotta say this? Haha. I can’t hit a regular driver either. Now I feel like I need to get one.

Why you gotta say this? Haha. I can’t hit a regular driver either. Now I feel like I need to get one.
I’ll be honest, I was ready to quit the game because I could not get off the teebox. I took a flyer on one of these, and it completely transformed my game. I still suck, but I don’t feel as hopeless about it as I did before 😂

I would also recommend a fitting for these just like any other club. I lucked into my set up. I kind of knew what I needed and found a combo that got me that, but it was completely by blind luck

I’ll be honest, I was ready to quit the game because I could not get off the teebox. I took a flyer on one of these, and it completely transformed my game. I still suck, but I don’t feel as hopeless about it as I did before 😂
It’s like looking in a mirror. R.I.P. my next paycheck

I would also recommend a fitting for these just like any other club. I lucked into my set up. I kind of knew what I needed and found a combo that got me that, but it was completely by blind luck
Got a driver fitting scheduled for May 1st. Just gonna have to add this to list to try

The average golfer on YouTube says you can buy one and if you don't like it, put it on eBay for a profit down the road lol.

The average golfer on YouTube says you can buy one and if you don't like it, put it on eBay for a profit down the road lol.
That’s a bold thing to try with any golf club. Clubs as an investment, is a slippery slope.

Are the “mini drivers” a way of admitting that regular drivers go far enough and now golfers need control?

🤔

So what makes a company design this thing and what problem are they solving?
It’s a niche club, so there’s really no overcoming thing they’re solving. They’re basically fairway woods more than miniature drivers, but that name doesn’t sell.

That’s a bold thing to try with any golf club. Clubs as an investment, is a slippery slope.
I wouldn't advise it either lol.

Back