2024 TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver Copper

I picked one of these up. Such a great feeling club. Only hit it on the range, no chance to hit it today as it was so windy and I needed every yard off the tee.

I can see why some don’t like the looks but I think it looks great. Sound and feel are really good, I didn’t try hit it off the deck but off the tee it’s a beast. It will be course dependant for me unless it’s easy for me to hit off the deckIMG_9026.jpegIMG_9027.jpegIMG_9029.jpegIMG_9025.jpeg

Also, I should add that going with the Kal’li 70x was a great decision. Super smooth shaft that pairs well with the 13.5* head

Absolute weapon off the tee yesterday. Mini drivers for me the past 5 years have always been reliable fairway finders and this one was no exception.

Love the look at address and I have so much confidence with this club. Yesterday was a windy day and I was able to tee this up low and cheat it low under the wind. I used this for 5 tee shots and hit all 5 fairways

IMG_4591.pngIMG_4592.pngIMG_4561.jpeg

IMG_6600.jpeg
I want to buy one. Badly.

Just saw these and they look really good in hand. TM did really well with this one

Reactions: MH
Want.

Really want.

REALLY want.

I want to. But I don’t. But I do. But I don’t.
finish him video games GIF

I ended up ordering the 13.5 (as mentioned in previous post) and have been experimenting over the past week and a half with settings. I think I finally settled on lofting it down almost all the way (whatever the tick just higher than -2 degrees would be) in order to open up the face a bit (my miss would be left, so this helps me hit it straighter). Drove a 255 yard par 4 today for only the second time ever and had another drive of 265. Have hit it off the deck pretty regularly, too. The drives are absolute bullets that roll out forever (heavy weight up front). Probably wouldn't play this in the winter or soft conditions, but when it's firm, it works. For me, I like it!

I’m going to try of these now that they are in stock. My club doesn’t have a demo yet but they told me they would in another couple of weeks.

I’ve always had a strong 3 wood or 2 wood in my bag since the Titleist Pro Trajectory 13° from the 1980’s. I love my 12.5° Callaway X2 Hot 2Deep but it’s been in my bag for a decade and the newer tech on this mini has to give me a bit more forgiveness and distance. I played the TM Original One mini for a little while but for me it had a left tendency and just wasn’t as accurate as my X2 Hot.

I actually like the looks with the copper accents. It will be interesting to see how easy it is to elevate off the fairway but my primary use will be off the tee a handful of time each round.

I can see why some don’t like the looks but I think it looks great. Sound and feel are really good, I didn’t try hit it off the deck but off the tee it’s a beast. It will be course dependant for me unless it’s easy for me to hit off the deckView attachment 9257064View attachment 9257065View attachment 9257066View attachment 9257063
Peak height of 38, Ouch. If I was unable to hit a Driver this might work, can't see it in my 3W spot though. My UW 17deg flies so much higher when I need it to.
That color scheme is to die for though.

Peak height of 38, Ouch. If I was unable to hit a Driver this might work, can't see it in my 3W spot though. My UW 17deg flies so much higher when I need it to.
That color scheme is to die for though.
That’s 38 yards, not feet.

Reactions: MH
The 13.5* is…pretty much magic. Mind you, I’m not a long hitter, and even in a regular driver I prefer something lofted at 11 or 11.5. But in my hands when you put a smooth swing on the Mini, it just launches. Basically the same distance as my regular driver, but a higher, soaring flight. (So in heavy wind, probably less useful…). And really straight.

2 Woods FTW!

Only hit it once today. But the thing just goes.

Have played a few sim rounds where the course yardages are over 7000y with some long par 5’s to test this thing off the deck. It took a few to trust but the 13.5* isn’t that hard to elevate off the deck. I think this will be a very playable club both off the deck and from the tee. Where I play this will mainly be used off the tee on tight short par 4’s as well as a couple dogleg holes where driver is too long. It looks better the more I see it and the sound/feel are fantastic

Accidently posted in the wrong thread but tomorrow is looking like the first round of the year. Have a lot of clubs that haven't seen grass yet and this is one of them. Its already been selected for 4 holes for sure and potentially a 5th

I’ve put my 300 Mini back in the bag as I was pondering getting one of these, but after doing so, I’m not convinced I’d gain anything from the new model?

I don't have a great interest in this product but I have a question... I did skim d/t interest not really being there. For a company that's hell bent on carbon, why doesn't this have a carbon face?

So I gave up on the mini. Was a fun little test but just not something that adds value to my bag. I can see it being great for the right use case though.

So I gave up on the mini. Was a fun little test but just not something that adds value to my bag. I can see it being great for the right use case though.
I think that’s going to be the reality for most, honestly. It’s maybe the most niche club ever.

2nd round with this and it continues to impress.

What ive found surprising so far is i actually prefer to hit this into the wind vs my driver. When i tee up my driver really low to keep it low i find i typically make a bad swing. With the BRNR Mini i tee it up even lower and so far have seen a lower launch than i do with driver. Arccos is showing my drives into the wind with the BRNR vs my driver are the same distance

Back