2024 TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver Copper

Interesting…. Was hoping for more copper

Just a thought, if you want a customized version of this club, do it sooner than later. Version 1 sold out so quickly, they took away the customization ability fairly quickly.

FWIW, that is the INSIDE of the cover, meaning turned inside out. I picked that pic that was provided because it’s something the old TM driver covers used to do, there were always fun covers on the inside, and they’ve brought that bit of nostalgia back for this version of the mini and the previous one. It’s fun.
That's kind of cool, all other things aside - a little Easter Egg on the cover.

I think the whole thing looks cool and I like the concept.

I also think I'm too club illiterate to make an informed decision. I did not think I liked my 3w at all - then now I've had a lot more time to look at my data from it and maybe it's not so bad (as a tee club).

I'm assuming something like this would be replacing that, rather than adding to it so I would be going driver/driver/3w(or 5w) then hybrid. If that is how it works I'm not sure I would need that many weapons off of the tee box.

I do like the look though, I'm all for different club face options and colors - sometimes they are a bit boring.

It’s funny, I wrote the release article and was pretty “meh” on it, but then I sit here where the long time mini driver fan that I am takes control and I want it.
Interesting release date, 1 week before the Masters (Cue the the Jim Nantz voice), not that there has to be a rhyme or reason why or when clubs get released.
Wonder if this might be a club that might be utilized at Augusta to get round the course and put oneself in premium positions?

Never been in on the mini driver but this has piqued my interest! Something to look into this year :unsure:

Interesting release date, 1 week before the Masters (Cue the the Jim Nantz voice), not that there has to be a rhyme or reason why or when clubs get released.
Wonder if this might be a club that might be utilized at Augusta to get round the course and put oneself in premium positions?
Well, historically there is a reason a club is released on a Friday, but I don’t want to rile anyone up by saying it. Tends to happen when I talk TM haha

I've been intrigued by the mini drivers for years, but never tested one out. I might have to take a trip to Carl's Golfland this weekend and see if this is something that needs to be in my bag this year. As someone that grew up in the Copper Country area of Upper Michigan, I'm very partial to the copper theme here.

Interesting…. Was hoping for more copper

When I read copper, I was expecting COPPER! but it's just trim... But I like it.

I've been intrigued by the mini drivers for years, but never tested one out. I might have to take a trip to Carl's Golfland this weekend and see if this is something that needs to be in my bag this year. As someone that grew up in the Copper Country area of Upper Michigan, I'm very partial to the copper theme here.
A rare species, a genuine Yooper!

It looks and sounds good to me. I don't have room for it with my current setup or I'd probably put it in the bag for some fun.

I'm luke warm on the mini drivers. It doesn't look horrible but I guess I relate it to my game and struggle to see how it helps me. Shorter shafted 440-460cc seem to offer more forgiveness and I can't see the mini driver being better off the deck than a Super Hybrid in my hands. If it works, play it I guess.

I love it. Love the nostalgia of the copper added in and the old school logo. Reminds me of my grandfather playing the old school copper TM driver FOREVER.

I need one.

I like the looks. I still think the Taylormade version of the mini has gotten a little large for my taste.

I like it. The previous version performed well, even off the deck.

I have honestly never understood the appeal behind the Mini Driver. Its just for off the tee primarily where you wouldn't hit a driver? Or are guys hitting it from the fairway as well? If that is what you need in your bag setup, I guess this should appeal.

I am definitely not in the grouping that would look for a club like this, especially with going Driver/5W in my own bag.

Looks wise, I just can't get onboard the throwback to the copper/older looks. The face though? I really like the look of that face!

Did they change any of the working bits compared to the last BRNR mini release? It looks like it’s just a cosmetic change from last year.

Like you, I dig that copper trim, enough that I may swap some in as well, but was curious if there was any tech changes
no change at all from last year's BRNR. It's a different colorway option like they did with the 300 mini when they came out with the 300 mini blackout

I'll probably pick up this model and swap it in and out of the bag depending on course. I have a 4w and 6w so when the course calls for it i would probably drop 4w and go driver, brnr mini, and 6w

I have honestly never understood the appeal behind the Mini Driver. Its just for off the tee primarily where you wouldn't hit a driver? Or are guys hitting it from the fairway as well? If that is what you need in your bag setup, I guess this should appeal.

I am definitely not in the grouping that would look for a club like this, especially with going Driver/5W in my own bag.

Looks wise, I just can't get onboard the throwback to the copper/older looks. The face though? I really like the look of that face!
1000% a niche club. Most have no business playing one honestly.

For me, it’s another tee club because I don’t want another 460 driver cut short in my bag. Plus, I’ve never had a problem hitting them off the deck, so it’s still versatile.

That was my mindset like 4-5 years ago when the Original One released. After i got that club i was hooked on mini drivers and found them very easy to hit. They can definitely be hit from the fairway but they are not as good or easy as a wood

For someone like myself i find the mini driver at 13.5 useful since i typically dont carry a 3 wood. I average around 300 off the tee and dont play the tees / courses i should be playing bc my normal foursome are mid - high handicaps. Most par 5's i can reach with an iron so a 3w just takes up space

and quite frankly, mini drivers are alot of fun to hit!!! I honestly look forward to hitting them off the tee more than i do with a driver on a wide open par 5 and wind at my back

I like it. A lot. Had pretty good success with the Berth Mini several years ago so would love to try this one.

I came so close to getting last years BRNR a bunch of times. I think I have to at least test this one out. Also interesting that they changed from a Super Stroke grip to a Golf Pride one this release.

I was Taylormade Driver for so long, loved sound, flight, and looks. That Copper brings back memories... nor the price though.

Not something that I'm interested in but I do like the old school look they implemented here.

It really is both. They're not any more difficult to hit off the deck than a normal 3W. I am an objectively poor ball striker with a cap around 25, and I can consistently blast the mini off a good fairway lie.

Last edited:
Back