2023 Mizuno M.CRAFT OMOI Putters

I’ve rolled the Type 3 (but in satin) the last several times I’ve went to the PGASS. Love the look and feel of it.

I was just rolling a number 3 at the golf store yesterday. I dropped 8 in a row and laughed. It was solid black and looked awesome! I would love to roll one of those outside on a real green. The head weight felt really good.

Team Not Vosh’s Pants is staying unified and going all blue with the putters we won!

I went with a Blue Omoi 4. I’ve come to really love a pumber‘s neck and my favorite putter shape is Mizuno’s version of a double wide. Last year I gamed a non-OMOI Mcraft 4. Back then my putting stroke wasn’t great and I fought that putter big time. My putting stroke has drastically improved but if I’m completely honest I’m scared to get away from the tech in the putter I’m currently gaming.

I’ll definitely give it a fair shake and hope I’m able to game it. But we’ll see how it goes the OMOI 4 could just become a really nice looking trophy.
I know a guy you could send it to if it doesn't work for you😂😂

I love that blue tint Mizuno has on some of these. Gotta give some serious thought to gettin one.

That blue pulls me in every time! 🤩🤩

Rolled about 100 or so putts last night while suffering through Thursday night football. I need to get it out to a course sometime, but initial reaction was solid. I'm coming from an Edel with no offset at all, and the 04 has the plumbers neck that will likely take me some time to get used to. On the Putt Out last night, I sunk my 2nd putt after realizing my carpet slopes to the right :ROFLMAO: . Comparing to my gamer, size wise we're good, sound wise we're good and weight wise we're a little light. The convenient part is that we also got the weight kit so I fiddled a bit with the head weights last night.

One of the cool things that we learned about this blue finish, is every time it’s applied it’s a little bit different based on the shapes being different. It’s never going to be the same, and that’s kind of awesome.

This quote is definitely noticeable on mine. The leading edge appears to be a different shade and I absolutely love it. More to come, hopefully next week if I get a chance to get it out to the course. Otherwise I'll be rolling some more putts with it this weekend.

I spent about an hour on the practice green at the club. Couple of observations the head is very compact compared to my Tri-Hot double wide. I found that the smaller head required me to really focus on impact which might be a good thing.

Not having an alignment line on the top closest to the ball will be an adjustment. At first I was pushing every putt about 2 inches right of target. I made an adjustment to my setup and corrected that. Again, required a more thoughtful approach to setup. That might be a good thing.

I started off with the standard 8g weights. I felt like with more weight my hands were becoming more active than I’d like in bringing the putter back. I switched to 3g weights and something clicked.

It started a bit rough but after tweaking those things above I was rolling it very pure and right in my intended lines. I made a good amount on 10-12ft putts from a variety of positions. 5ft and under was as close to automatic as it can get.

The feel off the face is impeccable. I’ve forgotten how much I’ve missed the clean feel off a nicely milled face.

I’m bringing it to the office with me to continue practicing with it on the perfect putter mat but if it continues to perform like a saw the last 30 minutes on the practice green then I’ll be ordering a blue KBS GPS shaft and putting my preferred SS grip on it and it’ll be in the bag.

Figured I would add some pictures of what I just picked up. OMOI 05. This thing is so nice!
Think I’m going to try to roll an 05 tomorrow
Been awhile since I’ve used a Center Shaft putter.

I spent about an hour on the practice green at the club. Couple of observations the head is very compact compared to my Tri-Hot double wide. I found that the smaller head required me to really focus on impact which might be a good thing.

Not having an alignment line on the top closest to the ball will be an adjustment. At first I was pushing every putt about 2 inches right of target. I made an adjustment to my setup and corrected that. Again, required a more thoughtful approach to setup. That might be a good thing.

I started off with the standard 8g weights. I felt like with more weight my hands were becoming more active than I’d like in bringing the putter back. I switched to 3g weights and something clicked.

It started a bit rough but after tweaking those things above I was rolling it very pure and right in my intended lines. I made a good amount on 10-12ft putts from a variety of positions. 5ft and under was as close to automatic as it can get.

The feel off the face is impeccable. I’ve forgotten how much I’ve missed the clean feel off a nicely milled face.

I’m bringing it to the office with me to continue practicing with it on the perfect putter mat but if it continues to perform like a saw the last 30 minutes on the practice green then I’ll be ordering a blue KBS GPS shaft and putting my preferred SS grip on it and it’ll be in the bag.
Spent some more time with it on the practice green this afternoon. This time I focused more on long 30ft+ putts. I didn't do quite as well on lag putts as I did with 10-12 footers. It wasn't terrible but I was noticeably better lag putting with the Oddysey 5k. I think some of that difference has to do with the KBS GPS shaft I have in the Oddysey. That graphite shaft gives me a much smoother stroke into the ball and I think that is much more noticeable on longer putts.

I've got a decision to make now. Do I spring for the KBS GPS shaft in the OMOI 4 and roll the dice on it becoming my gamer? Or do I stick with what I know I putt well with and make the OMOI a trophy for the office?

Spent some more time with it on the practice green this afternoon. This time I focused more on long 30ft+ putts. I didn't do quite as well on lag putts as I did with 10-12 footers. It wasn't terrible but I was noticeably better lag putting with the Oddysey 5k. I think some of that difference has to do with the KBS GPS shaft I have in the Oddysey. That graphite shaft gives me a much smoother stroke into the ball and I think that is much more noticeable on longer putts.

I've got a decision to make now. Do I spring for the KBS GPS shaft in the OMOI 4 and roll the dice on it becoming my gamer? Or do I stick with what I know I putt well with and make the OMOI a trophy for the office?
Let that thing roll putts imo.

I've been using this putter as my 'office putter' this week. Basically, I haven't putt with anything else other than side-by-side comparisons since getting it. I'm starting to really fall in love with the feel. The small blue head frames the ball nicely. The OMOI grip is top quality and feels very premium. Hell, everything about this putter feels premium. Except for the stock headcover, the velcro head cover is still baffling to me considering everything else is so premium.

I'm starting to think it might be the gamer come 2024.

Last edited:
I've been using this putter as my 'office putter' this week. Basically, I haven't putt with anything else other than side-by-side comparisons since getting it. I'm starting to really fall in love with the feel. The small blue head frames the ball nicely. The OMOI grip is top quality and feels very premium. Hell, everything about this putter feels premium. Except for the stock headcover, the velcro head cover is still baffling to me considering everything else is so premium.

Good thing you have a different one you can use for part of the year.

I went and looked at these at the local golf store yesterday on my lunch break. I really like the look of the 02. They had it in both black and blue and man they both look so good. It would be hard to make a decision. I'm wanting to get one but can't make myself pull the trigger for a for $375. My wallet is still hurting from last month haha. But dang I want to rock that headcover too for the next month.

The velcro headcover was going to be my only complaint about the putter as well. Then I got to thinking about it- do the vast majority of folks use an aftermarket putter cover? I know I may only be thinking the lunatic fringe here at THP, but I've got 15 or so after market covers sitting around, including the 3 that I won at VC that will go on it. So the stock cover will just be put into a bin somewhere to never be seen again.

You got the Vic National headcover while we were there as well, so does it make sense to go with something quick and easy to keep costs down?

The velcro headcover was going to be my only complaint about the putter as well. Then I got to thinking about it- do the vast majority of folks use an aftermarket putter cover? I know I may only be thinking the lunatic fringe here at THP, but I've got 15 or so after market covers sitting around, including the 3 that I won at VC that will go on it. So the stock cover will just be put into a bin somewhere to never be seen again.

You got the Vic National headcover while we were there as well, so does it make sense to go with something quick and easy to keep costs down?
Yeah I can understand the logic behind it but I’m questioning how minuscule the savings could be on the amount of units sold. It can’t imagine it being prohibitively expensive to sow a magnet instead of a piece of Velcro.

With the presentation of the of the putters in the OMOI lineup (very high quality). I just think the Velcro cover takes away from that presentation.

Yeah I can understand the logic behind it but I’m questioning how minuscule the savings could be on the amount of units sold. It can’t imagine it being prohibitively expensive to sow a magnet instead of a piece of Velcro.

With the presentation of the of the putters in the OMOI lineup (very high quality). I just think the Velcro cover takes away from that presentation.
Agree with all you said. I was thinking nearly the same thing word for word.

Hi end putter, ordinary cover.

I've ranted about the Velcro thing endlessly. Here and everywhere. And as you'd probably guess brought it up with a lot of people involved with the companies. I can't tell anyone how and where to spend their money, but I feel like this is one area where a company can separate itself in a small but noticeable way. I also know that Mizuno already offers awesome things like that in a lot of other ways across their club lines that they don't charge for the same as others would, and there probably has to be limits everywhere within a company on that. You could also say it feels more out of place with them because of that though. I go both ways on it with them. It's tough. I'd love to see it obviously, but tell me what and where a sacrifice might be made and I'm open to changing my mind.

Edit: Look at the price of their premium milled putters vs. some others..

I've ranted about the Velcro thing endlessly. Here and everywhere. And as you'd probably guess brought it up with a lot of people involved with the companies. I can't tell anyone how and where to spend their money, but I feel like this is one area what a company can separate itself in a small but noticeable way. I also know that Mizuno already offers awesome things like that in a lot of other ways across their club lines that they don't charge for the same as others would, and there probably has to be limits everywhere within a company in that. You could also say it feels more out of place with them because of that though. I go both ways on it with them. It's tough. I'd love to see it obviously, but tell me what and where a sacrifice might be made and I'm open to changing my mind.
I’m assuming, i do that too much, that other high end putters comes with covers that are similar in overall quality to their limited specials. If this accurate, it’s a bad look.

@Vosh68 told me at the Mizuno experience in 2021 a story about his 1 off dancing birds cover. I’m not sure I can tell it here, I’ll check around and get back.

In the end the issue around it was silly and management related. I wonder if that’s not a similar thing with the putter covers.

I’m assuming, i do that too much, that other high end putters comes with covers that are similar in overall quality to their limited specials. If this accurate, it’s a bad look.

@Vosh68 told me at the Mizuno experience in 2021 a story about his 1 off dancing birds cover. I’m not sure I can tell it here, I’ll check around and get back.

In the end the issue around it was silly and management related. I wonder if that’s not a similar thing with the putter covers.
They generally do not. Scotty Camerons are $450 and come with a weak pull strength cover and cheap, rough, near industrial pull strength Velcro in them. Some like Ping PLDs are pretty nice and magnetic.

I've ranted about the Velcro thing endlessly. Here and everywhere. And as you'd probably guess brought it up with a lot of people involved with the companies. I can't tell anyone how and where to spend their money, but I feel like this is one area where a company can separate itself in a small but noticeable way. I also know that Mizuno already offers awesome things like that in a lot of other ways across their club lines that they don't charge for the same as others would, and there probably has to be limits everywhere within a company on that. You could also say it feels more out of place with them because of that though. I go both ways on it with them. It's tough. I'd love to see it obviously, but tell me what and where a sacrifice might be made and I'm open to changing my mind.

Edit: Look at the price of their premium milled putters vs. some others..
Does something else really need to be cut though? The argument for me is it should be more of an image thing (complete package) than a penny pinching measure.

As you mentioned If they must they have room to move the number and still come in below other premium brands.

If that’s the market they are targeting.

Does something else really need to be cut though? The argument for me is it should be more of an image thing (complete package) than a penny pinching measure.

As you mentioned If they must they have room to move the number and still come in below other premium brands.

If that’s the market they are targeting.
I would assume or it'd be done. Same as any other company.

Their putters are pretty premium, but about $100 less than most. So the question is how much change their is worth that one more thing, and how much is it worth to them. I'd wager pretty different for both. They've done great with their putters recently, hit it's not like they're suddenly the #2 putter company or anything. So you or I might be willing to pay a little more, but we already like the putters. I'm sure they have and continue to do things according to what they feel puts them in the best position in the market now and going forward.

Back