2023 Mizuno M.CRAFT OMOI Putters

I'm sure they have and continue to do things according to what they feel puts them in the best position in the market now and going forward.
Definitely, but it’s fun to be an armchair exec.

@jlew did make a great point in that those buying in the premium segment are likely those that will use a custom cover. Does it make more sense for them to apply that savings towards the putter cover they want?

I guess by Mizuno’s calculation, Yes.

Last edited:
I was playing around with a blue OMOI 4 today and man that thing is gorgeous. So fun to putt with, and the grip is fantastic. I’m not usually a blade guy but this is really tempting…

Testing out some new photo editing software and made these look a little better I think

IMG_6796.jpeg
IMG_6794.jpeg
IMG_6792.jpeg

One of the cool things that we learned about this blue finish, is every time it’s applied it’s a little bit different based on the shapes being different. It’s never going to be the same, and that’s kind of awesome.

@Jman I have a question - do you know how different the blue can be between these? I'm looking at the pictures of these posted here and I'm noticing that some (like yours) seem to have a deeper blue, while others I'm seeing online (see pictures of the OMOI Type 4 in the PGA Superstore, for example) have a lighter blue. I can't tell if it's the lighting or what, but the difference seems noticeable.

@Jman I have a question - do you know how different the blue can be between these? I'm looking at the pictures of these posted here and I'm noticing that some (like yours) seem to have a deeper blue, while others I'm seeing online (see pictures of the OMOI Type 4 in the PGA Superstore, for example) have a lighter blue. I can't tell if it's the lighting or what, but the difference seems noticeable.
The different shapes take the blue differently. It’s part of what makes it such a unique finish.

I can answer this based on the information we got from the Mizuno reps at the victory cup in October. Due to the way the finish is applied and the shapes it goes on each one has the potential to have its own unique “birthmarks” so to speak. I think that’s incredibly cool.

Mine seems a little darker just behind the face.

Not that you need a 3rd answer here, but yes they can vary from head to head, but I can say on mine I notice it on different parts of the head. What I can see, the top site line is one color and the rest is a deeper blue. I absolutely love it

Thank you so much @Jman @That post and @jlew! Really appreciate the responses and that makes me feel a lot better about the differences in color. I’ve got my eyes on one and I’m considering a couple of trade-ins to end the year on a high note lol.

So despite my best efforts, I could not resist, and ended up snagging a Blue Ion 35 in. OMOI 04 with the help of a couple of trade ins. I'll post some pics once I have better lighting, but I was able to take it out for what was likely my final round of 2023. Here are some general observations:

- This thing screams quality. It looks absolutely fantastic in hand and at address. The putter guy at the GG I went to called it a "sneaky good putter." The blue color is just beautiful - as other have noted above (thanks again!), the finishing process means each putter head will have a unique blue finish and mine is no exception. Knowing that it's finish is unique is very cool. I did get a chance to see a black 04 in the store, and while I thought I might also like that color, I found the black-on-black sight line a little distracting.

- I also cannot say enough good things about the grip. Lamkin makes probably my favorite grips generally, but this takes stock putter grips to a whole new level. Love love love it.

- I always golf with a buddy who never gets new clubs (he just recently upgraded his driver only because his original driver from around 9 years ago had a cracked hosel) but even he was impressed with this flatstick. He is a blade guy and loved the color, weight and feel, asking to use it multiple times throughout the round. If he ever decides to upgrade his putter, he might get one as well. The other two folks we golfed with also had nice things to say about the putter, especially the color.

- As for performance, it feels great at impact, right up there with other high-end milled putters. I'm exclusively a mallet guy but I technically got fitted for mid-mallet and above, so the extra heft of the 04 fits that profile nicely. The added weight feels much more comfortable to me than other blades with a similar profile. I actually putted pretty well for me (32 putts) with it considering this was my first time using a blade in four years, which was a very encouraging sign. Distance control was (as expected) the biggest issue for me, as I tended to leave my putts a bit short. Lots of easy clean up and no 3-putts still adds up to a win for me!

So yeah - no regrets picking this up! Looking forward to hitting it some more on my putting mat in the off-season!!!

So despite my best efforts, I could not resist, and ended up snagging a Blue Ion 35 in. OMOI 04 with the help of a couple of trade ins. I'll post some pics once I have better lighting, but I was able to take it out for what was likely my final round of 2023. Here are some general observations:

- This thing screams quality. It looks absolutely fantastic in hand and at address. The putter guy at the GG I went to called it a "sneaky good putter." The blue color is just beautiful - as other have noted above (thanks again!), the finishing process means each putter head will have a unique blue finish and mine is no exception. Knowing that it's finish is unique is very cool. I did get a chance to see a black 04 in the store, and while I thought I might also like that color, I found the black-on-black sight line a little distracting.

- I also cannot say enough good things about the grip. Lamkin makes probably my favorite grips generally, but this takes stock putter grips to a whole new level. Love love love it.

- I always golf with a buddy who never gets new clubs (he just recently upgraded his driver only because his original driver from around 9 years ago had a cracked hosel) but even he was impressed with this flatstick. He is a blade guy and loved the color, weight and feel, asking to use it multiple times throughout the round. If he ever decides to upgrade his putter, he might get one as well. The other two folks we golfed with also had nice things to say about the putter, especially the color.

- As for performance, it feels great at impact, right up there with other high-end milled putters. I'm exclusively a mallet guy but I technically got fitted for mid-mallet and above, so the extra heft of the 04 fits that profile nicely. The added weight feels much more comfortable to me than other blades with a similar profile. I actually putted pretty well for me (32 putts) with it considering this was my first time using a blade in four years, which was a very encouraging sign. Distance control was (as expected) the biggest issue for me, as I tended to leave my putts a bit short. Lots of easy clean up and no 3-putts still adds up to a win for me!

So yeah - no regrets picking this up! Looking forward to hitting it some more on my putting mat in the off-season!!!
Awesome write up. So glad you enjoy it. Definitely a high quality putter that rivals plenty of the other putters in the premium space

Excited to finally have a Mizuno putter in hand to post on this thread. A little background, after the Victory Cup I placed an order for the OMOI type 2 in blue and later found out it was on back order until mid-December. After knowing this, I took advantage and quickly got a putter fitting to reassure myself of my selection. While I was fit to the blade and pretty much everything about the OMOI type 2, the older M-Craft type 2 from 2020 was performing much better and I felt much more comfortable and confident with it as soon as I put it in my hands. It was very difficult to make the switch for some reason but I chose the M-Craft and just received it in the mail yesterday. I’m obsessed with the blue and have a blue shaft and grip on order as well to just deck it out in Mizuno blue. Looks great, feels great, and I can’t wait to put it in action very soon.

IMG_6034.jpeg

Excited to finally have a Mizuno putter in hand to post on this thread. A little background, after the Victory Cup I placed an order for the OMOI type 2 in blue and later found out it was on back order until mid-December. After knowing this, I took advantage and quickly got a putter fitting to reassure myself of my selection. While I was fit to the blade and pretty much everything about the OMOI type 2, the older M-Craft type 2 from 2020 was performing much better and I felt much more comfortable and confident with it as soon as I put it in my hands. It was very difficult to make the switch for some reason but I chose the M-Craft and just received it in the mail yesterday. I’m obsessed with the blue and have a blue shaft and grip on order as well to just deck it out in Mizuno blue. Looks great, feels great, and I can’t wait to put it in action very soon.

View attachment 9226885
Love it. What shaft did you go with?

Also if you want to once you get some time with it you can throw your thoughts in the MCraft 2 review thread.

Can confirm that @Moore_Golf is soon going to have the coolest putter on the THP forum (behind mine of course ;)) and it's not going to be close. Not that I'm biased or helped him pick out the shaft or anything.

Can confirm that @Moore_Golf is soon going to have the coolest putter on the THP forum (behind mine of course ;)) and it's not going to be close. Not that I'm biased or helped him pick out the shaft or anything.
It only seems right that the guy who sunk the winning Victory Cup putt have the best looking Mizuno putter on the site!
Love this and can't wait to see it @Moore_Golf

Can't thank you enough for all your help, Walker. This is going to be a great conversation piece out on the course.

Decided to bench my gamer and take the trophy out this morning.

First birdie(s) with the OMOI 4 two of them today. I also drained a par save from 20 foot. OMOI will be staying in the bag for a bit. As soon as I sell some stuff I’ll be ordering a Blue KBS GPS for it.

Last edited:
Managed to squeeze in one more round with my OMOI 04, and it might have been my best putting effort of the entire year. 30 putts, no 3 putts, and four or five 20 footers to save par or bogey. My golf buddy flat out told me I need to keep this in my bag going forward, so that's what I'm going to do! What makes me happy is that I'm putting well with it even though I can tell I'm not hitting it perfect at impact - distance control in particular was perfect from anything within 25 ft or so.

Also I need to take a picture of mine in actual daylight to try and show this, but the Blue Ion finish on a sunny day is simply incredible.

This thing has been giving my gamer a run for its money on the nightly putt out sessions. Feels amazing off the face and audibly I like the click that I can hear if that makes any sense at all.

It hasn’t seen a course yet unfortunately but the first chance Mother Nature gives me it’ll be on the course.

This thing has been giving my gamer a run for its money on the nightly putt out sessions. Feels amazing off the face and audibly I like the click that I can hear if that makes any sense at all.

It hasn’t seen a course yet unfortunately but the first chance Mother Nature gives me it’ll be on the course.
Same for me. I’m really enjoying the feedback I feel off the face compared to my 5k. It’s significantly smaller width than my gamer and that does a lot to make sure I’m concentrating on hitting the absolute center of the face. I understand the ‘click’ as well and it’s a nice sound.

I adjusted the weights on mine down to 3g it feels perfect, I really like the grip too.

@Scooby45 got to roll the OMOI 4 a few times today. He commented that it felt very nice off the face, one of the nicest feeling putters out there. I’ve got to agree.

On the last green of the par 3 we played I rolled a bunch of putts with both of my putters (Trophy and 5k) and my decision has been solidified I’ll be making The Trophy my new gamer.

@Scooby45 got to roll the OMOI 4 a few times today. He commented that it felt very nice off the face, one of the nicest feeling putters out there. I’ve got to agree.

On the last green of the par 3 we played I rolled a bunch of putts with both of my putters (Trophy and 5k) and my decision has been solidified I’ll be making The Trophy my new gamer.
I think it will look sharp with that rainbow shaft 😉

Back