2023 Mizuno M.CRAFT OMOI Putters

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Last year, Mizuno golf introduced their newest putter design concept to their milled lineup. Where the original M.CRAFT releases kicked the door down for Mizuno to show they could produce high quality and performance milled putters that stood out, the OMOI addition to M.CRAFT showed their willingness to get scientific.

The original OMOI lineup consisted of just three models, so it is no wonder that in 2023 we are getting to see Mizuno bring more options into the fold.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look great! Solid additions to the lineup and I hate to say it but the black looks so good it might be a tough call between that and the blue.

05 is a sharp looking shape

more options are good. i have really enjoyed my omoi 03 from the 2022 victory cup.

I feel like the styling is going the wrong direction. The very smooth and rolled edges just aren't my thing and it's exacerbated by the dark color.

They are really committed to the heavyweight concept. Good to have those options

I really like the new shapes, which are great additions to the line.

That 05 looks great. I've rolled the older versions in store and they were really nice. Never seen 1 on course though.

• Staff
That 05 looks great. I've rolled the older versions in store and they were really nice. Never seen 1 on course though.
They’ve done quite well for Mizuno.

The 04 is going to make a LOT of people very happy. However, the 05 is the best shape for a mallet I’ve seen in a while, the way it flows is absolutely excellent.

I feel like the styling is going the wrong direction. The very smooth and rolled edges just aren't my thing and it's exacerbated by the dark color.

They are really committed to the heavyweight concept. Good to have those options
The standard M.CRAFT putters are still in line, so there are traditional options aplenty still.

Those are really good looking putters. Nice write up @Jman

06 looks great dark. Glad the center shafted folks get some love but sad the 05 was the most modified from the initial mcraft line

06 looks great dark. Glad the center shafted folks get some love but sad the 05 was the most modified from the initial mcraft line
It’s not the same shape as the M.Craft version, FWIW. Numbering coincides with the Roman numerals, but it’s a totally different shape, intentionally, from the V.

These look great, I just haven’t been able to find a shop that has any of them in stock to even see them or test. Hopefully in 2024.

It’s not the same shape as the M.Craft version, FWIW. Numbering coincides with the Roman numerals, but it’s a totally different shape, intentionally, from the V.
Fair, but in general the numbering scheme between the lines is similair. Mcraft 2 and OMOI 2 are anser style blades. The 4 are both wide blades, the 6 are both fang style, etc. The 5 in the omoi is the biggest departure from those similarities between the lines.

Fair, but in general the numbering scheme between the lines is similair. Mcraft 2 and OMOI 2 are anser style blades. The 4 are both wide blades, the 6 are both fang style, etc. The 5 in the omoi is the biggest departure from those similarities between the lines.
The M.CRAFT use the Roman numeral numbering to differentiate versus the 0# sequence on the OMOI. They are not one to one shape comparisons or replacements. It’s worked out that way some, but it is not at all the intent. That is directly from Mizuno.

Center shaft! :love: Beautiful!

The M.CRAFT use the Roman numeral numbering to differentiate versus the 0# sequence on the OMOI. They are not one to one shape comparisons or replacements. It’s worked out that way some, but it is not at all the intent. That is directly from Mizuno.
I don’t doubt you received those notes as their intent, but from a consumer perspective, it appears there are strong parallels between the numbering scheme, whether it is Roman or Arabic numerals. The I and the 01 are strong arc slant neck blades. The II and the 02 are the plumbers blade, and the III and 03 were both face balanced circular mallets.

So knowing that from the first OMOI release, while reading the article, and seeing that the 04 mimicked the IV, my expectation was the 05 would mimic the V. Therefore when it didn’t, I was a little disappointed as the V was my favorite shape of the MCraft line

But seeing @Jank happy for a center shaft more than makes up for my disappointment 😃

Ok, that 6 looks fantastic

Love the center shafted 05. Could bag it or the 06 model easily.

I don’t doubt you received those notes as their intent, but from a consumer perspective, it appears there are strong parallels between the numbering scheme, whether it is Roman or Arabic numerals. The I and the 01 are strong arc slant neck blades. The II and the 02 are the plumbers blade, and the III and 03 were both face balanced circular mallets.

So knowing that from the first OMOI release, while reading the article, and seeing that the 04 mimicked the IV, my expectation was the 05 would mimic the V. Therefore when it didn’t, I was a little disappointed as the V was my favorite shape of the MCraft line

But seeing @Jank happy for a center shaft more than makes up for my disappointment 😃
What does a company know anyway? 🤣

The V is the most asked for head style in the OMOI, so it’ll happen eventually, but not yet.

I guess I just don’t get the 1/1 comparison as they’re different lines under the same M.CRAFT name.

These look really solid- I need to get a chance to roll a couple of these before October. The plan is to win VC so I want to make certain I know which one to ask for after that victory.

Great write up @Jman

I would like to try the OMOI 5. Face balanced and center shafted.

I know that none of the oems make long neck anser style anymore. If the 4 had a LN I’d be first in line. I will surely demo it if i see one. Wide blades work for me! Also love the fang and will give it a test drive as well.

Back