Search results for query: *

1. OldandStiff

Adjustable Weights in Irons

How much do you value it? And should it be the norm? As I'm reshafting my Blueprint S there's pretty constant reminders how value a changeable weight in the toe or back of an iron is to me. Being able to dial it in from the outside. Ping basically does it throughout their lineup. Universal...
  2. OldandStiff

Twirls are overrated. When's the last time you walked one in!?

Seriously. Twirls are so last year. Everyone can twirl. Except me. People do it regardless of shot quality though. Walking it in takes confidence. Talk to me about your big brass ball walk-ins!
  3. OldandStiff

Do you wear sandals when you travel?

Lack of passenger shaming pics in the Vokey Experience Thread has me curious about this. Check all that apply.
  4. OldandStiff

How consistent are your golf balls?

Do you know? How do you decide if they are or aren't consistent? Monitor? Outdoor? Is it based in how consistent you are as a player/striker on any given day/session? The type of club you're using? An accumulation of results? Robot testing? Replies in another thread have me curious about this.
  5. OldandStiff

Flip Side - Did you ask for a club/other discount at your last fitting?

Or something free? Box of balls, hat, whatever. Let's take it the other way. It's already pretty apparent most don't think it's a tip worthy service. But did you go the other side of generosity and ask for something for your effort?
  6. OldandStiff

Do/did you tip your fitter?

End of day conversation about tipping a hairdresser (and didn't even like the cut) has me curious about this. It kind of veered off into professions that get tipped and don't and why, and it was pretty interesting where it landed.
  7. OldandStiff

Do people give you golf gifts?

I don't mean playing buddies or family, I mean 'he's the guy that likes golf' type gifts. Any good stories there? I get a box of triple track from someone every now and then. And a putter recently that I won't mention. 😆 This one's kind of sweet though. I don't use those kind of .. (what...
  8. OldandStiff

If a store or fitter didn't offer/deal in a couple of the top brands like Callaway and Cobra

would you trust them the same as one that did? How would it change how you see them? Not really talking about a small shop that has limited resources and space.
  9. OldandStiff

Would you pay for lessons that don't use technology

use technology? Monitors, motion software, etc.. Was on a call with some pros recently and this part got a little heated. Bit of generational divide. So what's your take on this? Does the instructor matter? Does the tech? Would either one on its own (might happen someday, and some would argue...
  10. OldandStiff

Good Good NX10 - Precision Pro

Is it worth $300 for a rangefinder that came out in 2022? You tell me.
  11. OldandStiff

Srixon Spring Major Bag

Didn't see a thread on this. Popped up for sale last weekend and I usually really like theirs and get one. And I do. I always like that theirs isn't overly busy.
  12. OldandStiff

Did your last fitting run over

it's scheduled time?
  13. OldandStiff

Where else do you wear it?

Your golf stuff? Are you a keep it separate type? Course only attire? Do you specifically buy pants/polos/etc that work for life and work and golf. Are you the one in family pictures wearing a golf branded something? Where else do you wear what you play in besides the course??
  14. OldandStiff

If a fitter doesn't offer stock shafts..

do you feel like they're really trying to get you in what works best for you?
  15. OldandStiff

Olympic Sexy Time is back!!

They're giving the Village athletes 300,000 condoms and the COVID restrictions of yestergames a big middle finger in Paris! 🥳 Based on how crazy everyone has gone at the lifting of any long standing restriction who thinks this might be the Waste Management of Olympics??
  16. OldandStiff

Long Hitters - A Question

Weird day at the course with passing vehicles yelling racial slurs, and a couple players that were definitely a couple holes and groups ahead early on circling back and slipping in behind. Totally effed up the flow. Which leads me to the question - As a longer than average hitter, how often...
  17. OldandStiff

Stitch 5 Pocket Pants - Sorry Travis Mathew

So I'm a 5 pocket tech type guy when it comes to pants. Basically live in them because they're versatile. And Travis Mathew Open to Close have been my go-to for a couple years. Well.. I have a new love and these ^ have basically replaced them as the go-to. They will soon overtake my closet...
  18. OldandStiff

Your paper towel holder sucks!

Unless it's one of these. We saw these a while back and the 🦙 grabbed one from Amazon and installed it before I got home from playing golf. It's like the magnet pocket on a golf bag. I already don't know how I ever lived without it!! ❤️ ❤️
Back