Do people give you golf gifts?

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I don't mean playing buddies or family, I mean 'he's the guy that likes golf' type gifts.

Any good stories there? I get a box of triple track from someone every now and then. And a putter recently that I won't mention. 😆

This one's kind of sweet though.

1000065585.gif

I don't use those kind of .. (what is this type of cup called?) ...thing, but I thought it was a decent effort from someone who doesn't know golf.

Gift cards. Range finders. Balls. Clothes. No coffee cups or hats for some reason.

Gift cards. Range finders. Balls. Clothes. No coffee cups or hats for some reason.
Dude, gift cards and rangefinders are solid. 👍🏻

Clothes is bold. Lol

What is it? Golf themed Pringles? 🤣

😆 I asked what you call them. Is it a shaker?
Let It Go Idk GIF

Dude, gift cards and rangefinders are solid. 👍🏻

Clothes is bold. Lol
The good stuff comes from my union brothers and sisters I represent.

Not anymore, i've basically told my wife's family and friends not to get me golf stuff , because it's just so specific to me. They used to get me Golftown gift cards, but even now i don't live within 45 minutes of a golftown.

My wife is a former competitive hunter rider (horseback) and owns 5 horses. I would never dream of buying her something horse related.....even after 12 years i don't know enough about it....i think they kind of understand now that this is how golf is for me

Shirts, socks, jeans.....get me that stuff.

I see now that you meant not family or friends....who else gets you gifts?

I'm 42. If someone other than my wife gets me a gift, male or female.....i'm assuming they want some of this

No golf gifts for me.

Someone gave me a pair of golf socks last year and I said wait what?

I'm 42. If someone other than my wife gets me a gift, male or female.....i'm assuming they want some of this
I have never gotten a gift from anyone other than family in my 40+ years on the planet. I’m hanging in the wrong circles. I like gifts.

I have never gotten a gift from anyone other than family in my 40+ years on the planet. I’m hanging in the wrong circles. I like gifts.

When i was in my early 20s me and the homies used to get each other stuff for our birthdays. I was a kicker in football and one year my friends chipped in and got me a Sebastian Janikowski jersey that they had to custom order (i am a lefty). It was legit very cool

But since i was like 25, no gifts from anyone other than family, girlfriends, or girls who think they are my girlfriend.

My wife will get me shoes and polos because she's got what I like pretty well figured out. Everyone else knows I'm too picky about what I like and don't.

Not anymore, i've basically told my wife's family and friends not to get me golf stuff , because it's just so specific to me. They used to get me Golftown gift cards, but even now i don't live within 45 minutes of a golftown.

My wife is a former competitive hunter rider (horseback) and owns 5 horses. I would never dream of buying her something horse related.....even after 12 years i don't know enough about it....i think they kind of understand now that this is how golf is for me

Shirts, socks, jeans.....get me that stuff.

I see now that you meant not family or friends....who else gets you gifts?

I'm not saying I regift a lot of well intentioned but uninformed gifts, but I do try to keep for collecting anything I don't actually use.. 😉

I'm not saying I regift a lot of well intentioned but uninformed gifts, but I do try to keep for collecting anything I don't actually use.. 😉

I guess now that i think of it, i do get the odd dozen of balls or whatever from my investment or real estate guys. So i didn't consider that.....often i give them to our juniors

Normally i don't like giving away gifts, but as mentioned these are like, financial guys.....they are all basically criminals

one year my friends chipped in and got me a Sebastian Janikowski jersey that they had to custom order (i am a lefty). It was legit very cool
I feel like my friend group back then would have gotten me Sebastian Janikowski’s jock strap but instead of gifts we just got each other F’d up on whatever. 🤣

We had friends give us an "Executive Putter". It was one of those cases where the putter is in 4 parts and you thread it together. I think it had a putting cup and some cheap balls in the zippered pack as well.

We gave that away pretty quickly.

Someone gave me a pair of golf socks last year and I said wait what?
Can we please get a description of these golf socks?

I can't decide in my mind if they're the kind that just say golf socks on the package, or the kind with a really awesome theme. 😆

I feel like my friend group back then would have gotten me Sebastian Janikowski’s jock strap but instead of gifts we just got each other F’d up on whatever. 🤣

Hey , that also works!

Can we please get a description of these golf socks?

I can't decide in my mind if they're the kind that just say golf socks on the package, or the kind with a really awesome theme. 😆
They had to be a re-gift because they were baby blue and made me wonder if I was going to a reveal party. 🤷‍♂️

Haha yes. All the time

I’ve had clients give me golf balls. One gave me this. I still use it.

1713745971268.jpeg

They had to be a re-gift because they were baby blue and made me wonder if I was going to a reveal party. 🤷‍♂️
Oh man. I have a very fun story about a well intentioned wife doing a play on a reveal party for her golf present going horribly wrong. If you want to keep a marriage together and not create a scene in front of friends, you really gotta watch what you do with blue smoke these days. 😆

Back