Votes: 44 27.5%
  • I push/pull my cart

Votes: 48 30.0%
  • I ride in style

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I do a combination of the above

Votes: 45 28.1%

• Total voters
if the course is very hilly, then yes it makes a difference. Also makes a difference for myself if i'm playing 9 or 18. If playing 9 holes I walk the vast majority of the time unless I play the course in Lodi which is literally located on the side of a mountain. Going down is easy but coming back up is a b*tch.

I think a lot of people say they walk but actually ride because it makes them sound more active or possibly more in tune with their game. it's no different than if you ask people if they give to charity, they don't want to look like jerks so they almost always say yes when the fact is most do not.

At least that's my opinion on it.

You're very cynical Dyna. I'm sorry.

Not only hilly courses dyna, but when there's a big hike between a lot of holes, riding makes sense. I hardly ever see people walking a regular course.

I'd think more people would say they do a combination, because more courses require you take a cart than require that you walk.

We have 2 courses here which are ridiculous in how far it is between some of the greens & the next tee box. 1/4 mile or more is not uncommon.

You're very cynical Dyna. I'm sorry.

Not cynical at all, just a realist as people will tell you what they think you want to hear/read instead of the truth.

In all reality, with my legs in the shape they are, my walking days are likely over in golf. No real big deal because I like to ride anyway. The course I hope to join this year has a few hills, but nothing big. The tee's are a ways apart in spots.

The other thing is all the drinkers. It seem's like few drink when golfing, but most here do. The course I played last year might have made more on beer than rounds, lol.

In all reality, with my legs in the shape they are, my walking days are likely over in golf. No real big deal because I like to ride anyway. The course I hope to join this year has a few hills, but nothing big. The tee's are a ways apart in spots.

The other thing is all the drinkers. It seem's like few drink when golfing, but most here do. The course I played last year might have made more on beer than rounds, lol.

I have actually heard from a number of golf course managers that without alcohol sales they would be out of business & there are a number which do make more profit from it vs golf rds.

I have actually heard from a number of golf course managers that without alcohol sales they would be out of business & there are a number which do make more profit from it vs golf rds.

I've often wondered Dyna. It's common here for half the field to buy beer before a tournament at 8AM? I have to wait until noon, hehe.

same here, I have seen guys buying beer at 7:00am. The thought of that makes me ill:bulgy-eyes:

I love having a caddy for the same reasons, Diane. but the help with reading a putt is tough for me. I have to have total confidence in them.

I love the chit chat and banter though. it keeps me calm and relaxed.

I haven't had a caddy in years. I miss it.

I was playing with a friend and he questioned the caddy on his read, but then followed his advice anyway and missed. I asked my friend why he didn't go with his own instincts, but he said the caddy was usually right. Then I realized that this is a guy who always plays with a caddy so he's never learned to have confidence in himself.

I agree - I feel like the caddy is my biggest cheerleader and best friend for 18 holes.

carefull is my middle name.

Don't believe her Claire. "Sneaky" is her middle name.
snicker.sneaky.doodles

P.S. you misspelled "careful" there Sneaky.

I was playing with a friend and he questioned the caddy on his read, but then followed his advice anyway and missed. I asked my friend why he didn't go with his own instincts, but he said the caddy was usually right. Then I realized that this is a guy who always plays with a caddy so he's never learned to have confidence in himself.

I agree - I feel like the caddy is my biggest cheerleader and best friend for 18 holes.

Last time I played with a caddy, the members personal caddy, I figured out after a few holes he was giving us bad reads and his yardage was off by about 10 yards. I knew why he was doing it though.

Varies by the course. Private club, northeast, expect the per golfer cost to be a $50 carry fee and a $25 tip. In cash.

$75 for someone to carry a bag & give pointers??? Hell that could pay for 4-5 rds of golf easily here at the crappier places. I don't think I would do good with a caddy, the laughing from them after every shot would start getting to me by the 2nd hole.

Last time I played with a caddy, the members personal caddy, I figured out after a few holes he was giving us bad reads and his yardage was off by about 10 yards. I knew why he was doing it though.

Why on earth would a caddy deliberately sabotage someone?

Re: Who walk their bag?

Harry Longshanks said:
Don't believe her Claire. "Sneaky" is her middle name.
snicker.sneaky.doodles

P.S. you misspelled "careful" there Sneaky.

that's my way of enunciating the 'el' sound. :p

and Claire???? you believe him??? gurls are supposed to stick together.

Why on earth would a caddy deliberately sabotage someone?

Because we were playing for money. Since the member was paying for the rounds and the caddy I wasnt going to say anything. It wasnt for a lot of dough and my buddy who got me onto the course was the old caddy for this guy when he was at a different course. It was nice just to have someone clean your balls and hand you your clubs.

I knew being a girl scout would be beneficial.

I knew it. Thats where they start teaching girls "sneakyness"! They do it through their cookies too...

Walked my first full 18 holes this evening. I truly enjoyed it!

But, I do still think I'm going to look into a Push Cart.

Back