• I push/pull my cart

Votes: 48 30.0%
  • I ride in style

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I do a combination of the above

Votes: 45 28.1%

• Total voters
you name the date.

you'll understand if I hire some hot, young stud to carry my bag? afterall....I will be recovering from an injury.

Sure. You'll understand if I hire some sweet young thing to hit my shots? Afterall . . . you'll be recovering from an injury.

I love playing with a caddy. I play my best golf on those days. I'm walking, but only have to worry about me. I have someone handing me the correct clubs, raking the sand and pointing to the exact spot where I need to putt. It's great.

Re: Who walk their bag?

Harry Longshanks said:
Sure. You'll understand if I hire some sweet young thing to hit my shots? Afterall . . . you'll be recovering from an injury.

of course. you want me to line one up for you? or get you an assortment so you can pick? I'll make sure they all possess girl scout qualities.

Diane said:
I love playing with a caddy. I play my best golf on those days. I'm walking, but only have to worry about me. I have someone handing me the correct clubs, raking the sand and pointing to the exact spot where I need to putt. It's great.

I love having a caddy for the same reasons, Diane. but the help with reading a putt is tough for me. I have to have total confidence in them.

I love the chit chat and banter though. it keeps me calm and relaxed.

I haven't had a caddy in years. I miss it.

of course. you want me to line one up for you? or get you an assortment so you can pick? I'll make sure they all possess girl scout qualities.

still after my cookies.
smiley_nono.gif

still after my cookies.
smiley_nono.gif

Don't give in Harry, women can't be trusted with cookies :D

Did you not have hills around the part you lived in Missouri? They even have whats considered a mountain, I think its in the boot hill region.

caddy boy can feed them to me.

Uggh. Gross. I'm out.

Duey-

St. Louis. But I did some hiking, backpacking, canoeing, etc. in other parts of the state. Southern Illinois had some hills in the Garden of the Gods/Shawnee National Forest area.

That sounds really sweet. It would be nice just to focus on the golf and not any "maintenance" issues. I play a lot of courses in the Boston area and have never seen a caddy. Do you belong to a private club?

Varies by the course. Private club, northeast, expect the per golfer cost to be a $50 carry fee and a $25 tip. In cash.

A 50% tip... holy smoke. I will definitely have to try the experience at some point. Hopefully they'll come in a cute female version.

A 50% tip... holy smoke. I will definitely have to try the experience at some point. Hopefully they'll come in a cute female version.

Well, there's Caddychicks, I don't think I'd ask one of them to line up my putt.

I played behind a group in Vegas last summer that had CaddyChicks.

they didn't seem to be helpful with anything golf related. they did ride in their laps in the carts though. I suppose that could be helpful for some of you.

they didn't seem to be helpful with anything golf related. they did ride in their laps in the carts though. I suppose that could be helpful for some of you.

At my age I could break a hip!

Spoiler

Someone needs to explain to me the connection between a lap dance and better golf.

ClairefromClare said:
Spoiler

Someone needs to explain to me the connection between a lap dance and better golf.

I've never been on the receiving end...so I can't help you. sorry sister.

A little nervous energy helps some peoples game, I can see this helping with that!

That sounds really sweet. It would be nice just to focus on the golf and not any "maintenance" issues. I play a lot of courses in the Boston area and have never seen a caddy. Do you belong to a private club?

No - I only have a caddy when I play with guys I do business with. It really is nice to be able to focus only on the golf.

Sounds like there's a lot of walkers and the chart above show's more who walk or a combination. This seem's odd to me because I see very few walkers on any of the courses I play.

I see the same thing, lots of carts but few walkers. I have my own opinion of the poll but don't feel like debating it right now.

I see the same thing, lots of carts but few walkers. I have my own opinion of the poll but don't feel like debating it right now.

Dyna - Don't you think it depends on the course or even the time of day?

Dyna - Don't you think it depends on the course or even the time of day?

if the course is very hilly, then yes it makes a difference. Also makes a difference for myself if i'm playing 9 or 18. If playing 9 holes I walk the vast majority of the time unless I play the course in Lodi which is literally located on the side of a mountain. Going down is easy but coming back up is a b*tch.

I think a lot of people say they walk but actually ride because it makes them sound more active or possibly more in tune with their game. it's no different than if you ask people if they give to charity, they don't want to look like jerks so they almost always say yes when the fact is most do not.

At least that's my opinion on it.

I really didn't know if some reagions just walked more than others or what. Sounds like Floridians ride while Califoricators walk a bit more, lol. I see a few walkers here, but not very often.

Not only hilly courses dyna, but when there's a big hike between a lot of holes, riding makes sense. I hardly ever see people walking a regular course.

I'd think more people would say they do a combination, because more courses require you take a cart than require that you walk.

Back