• I push/pull my cart

Votes: 48 30.0%
  • I ride in style

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I do a combination of the above

Votes: 45 28.1%

• Total voters
I put ride.

BUT, I walked my 1st 9-holes ever today! Why I never have before, I really do not know, but I will say it truly helped my mental aspect as far as shot selection goes. I'm young enough I should be walking but am seriously thinking about a Clic-Gear as I'm not sure how my knees are going to hold up (dislocated one and tore the ACL in the other back when I wrestled) as thee not a whole lot of cartilage left in them. With all the rave reviews about the Clic-Gears I really am considering going that direction.

Indeed this option never occurred to me. I wish I had a caddy!

Didn't mean to sound snotty--I always feel awkward with a caddy.

My home course is riding only, not by rule, but in practice for over 95% of golfers, because it is severely hilly.

When I practice at a par 3 course, I walk and carry with a sunday bag with 7 clubs (which is all clubs I need there).

When I play at a full course with walkers, I walk and carry with a sunday bag, with a limited selection of clubs. My full-size bag is too heavy to carry. Should full course walking come up more often in the future, I might go for a lighter full-size bag, but more it is more likely that I would start pushing or pulling. My back isn't what it used to be.

Last edited:
I walk and carry. There is something transcendental about it. However, on rare occasions I will play a nice course (lol), where carts are required.

Didn't mean to sound snotty--I always feel awkward with a caddy.

One of my workmen at my store used to work locally on golf courses. He just offered to caddy for me at this year's City Championships. I jumped at it. This is gonna be fun. He can read greens and get me yardages, etc. I can hardly wait. I wish I could walk with a caddy all the time, Claire. What a great luxury.

If I'm playing with another individual walking, I will also walk.

If everyone is riding, but it is going to be a slow round...I will also walk.

If it is cartpath only, I will be walking on most occasions.

If it's a pretty quick moving day, and everyone is riding...I will ride.

Basically depends on the course, the conditions, and pace of play.

One of my workmen at my store used to work locally on golf courses. He just offered to caddy for me at this year's City Championships. I jumped at it. This is gonna be fun. He can read greens and get me yardages, etc. I can hardly wait. I wish I could walk with a caddy all the time, Claire. What a great luxury.
I've never had a caddy before. Even if I had the opportunity I'd have to think about it because I associate caddies with good golf, and I'm not there yet.

The only time I don't walk is when I play in a foursome and they want to ride, I love walking but I do use a three whel cart. I usually lose about 10-12 pounds in the summer from just walking so walking does have additional benefits.

I always walk. I think at my home course I rode once. It all depends on how I'm feeling, if it is really hot out I'll take a push cart, but on some holes at our home club the way the greens are positioned you have to have your push cart a ways away from the green and thats always a pain.

A good caddy can be a huge asset.

Often, it's tough. At our club, a caddy carries two bags. Hubby is right handed and fights a slice. My errant shots go left. So the poor caddy is either running back and forth across the fairway, or he decides to stick with hubby.

A good caddy can be a huge asset.

Often, it's tough. At our club, a caddy carries two bags. Hubby is right handed and fights a slice. My errant shots go left. So the poor caddy is either running back and forth across the fairway, or he decides to stick with hubby.

What is the ongoing rate of a caddy per round?

I'll walk when I have too.Par 3 and executive courses.If I can rent a cart I do and ride.About 25 years ago I was more frugal and walked.I walk about 10 miles at work so I figure I can ride when I golf.I guess when I make it to the tour that's out :D

walking my bag

walking my bag

I ride when it hot and walk when its not, sometimes.
Its a situational thing.

Sounds like there's a lot of walkers and the chart above show's more who walk or a combination. This seem's odd to me because I see very few walkers on any of the courses I play. In Missouri most of the courses I played were very hilly, but thats certainly not the case here.

No doubt walking is great if you can, I'm thinking I will some this year just to keep in shape and work on the game from a different perspective, but not many people around here do it.

Same. I also didn't expect this high percentage of walkers (if you take into account the combination which indicates that they also walk). Great to see many of us still enjoy/able to walk a golf course.

There is definitely somesort of connection with the course/nature which is great I think.

In Missouri most of the courses I played were very hilly, but thats certainly not the case here.

Hills? In Missouri?

What is the ongoing rate of a caddy per round?

Varies by the course. Private club, northeast, expect the per golfer cost to be a $50 carry fee and a $25 tip. In cash.

Hills? In Missouri?

Lol, just spoted this. Yep, what part did you live in? The central region around Lake of the Ozarks has several very hilly courses. A few won't allow walkers. I loved playing the military base over at Knob Noster, Mo and that really hilly.

Down south further, South Central was pretty flat until you get over to the Branson region.

Re: Who walk their bag?

Harry Longshanks said:
I only have carry bags.

You're on.

you name the date.

you'll understand if I hire some hot, young stud to carry my bag? afterall....I will be recovering from an injury.

I've never seen a caddy before. I must play the wrong golf courses.

To me walking and carrying is an integral part of my golf game. I'll do it as long as I can, and then break down and purchase a push cart.

Back