Votes: 44 27.5%
  • I push/pull my cart

Votes: 48 30.0%
  • I ride in style

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I do a combination of the above

Votes: 45 28.1%

• Total voters
Geography plays a very large role in this discussion. Try walking many of the courses in FL and see if you still think you can walk as fast as ride...hehe

Absolutely true. I will say anytime I play new courses I ride the first time and decide whether or not I could walk it in good time. I'll do whatever so long as my pace of play stays in what I consider to be good.

I love walking, but not in mid-summer. Riding ends up being the way to go on weekends for me, but on weeknights it is almost ALWAYS walking as the sun goes down.

Ride, except when I'm taking part in 'winter-esque' golf. I'm mostly a rider because I'm kind of lazy that way.

Rider, but I try to walk as much as I can. One of my cart buddies isn't very long hitter. I'm usually outdriving him roughly 50-75 yards off the tee. So when he gets to his ball on the fairway, I usually hop out and start walking to my ball. I'ld say I'm walking roughyl 50% of the course.

Yesss! :D I finally figured out Multi-Quote haha

Geography plays a very large role in this discussion. Try walking many of the courses in FL and see if you still think you can walk as fast as ride...hehe

I agree with this 100% JB. Some junior events I play in the Mountains of NC, I'd give just about anything to catch a ride on a cart.

I usually walk when Nerfny and I play. However when I play on the weekends with other people I tend to ride. I don't want to be that 1 guy in the group who walks haha.

This will stop me from walking as well Ddec. Because regardless if you are just as fast as whom you are playing they will always think you are slower because you are not zipping around on a golf cart.

If the course is walkable, I walk it. I started playing to get exercise. There are a few though like Red Hawk Ridge that just cannot be walked.

If the course is walkable, I walk it. I started playing to get exercise. There are a few though like Red Hawk Ridge that just cannot be walked.

Your post in the other thread talking about Red Hawk Ridge kind of made me curious to see how many people actually walked or rode Ron :D

I prefer to walk (carrying my bag) as much as possible, but it really depends on who I am playing with and what the occasion. If its a match or a more serious game, i'll walk. I like how walking lets me keep a consistent pace / routine.

If its a BS round to get out of the house with a few friends who arent interested in being serious, I will ride with them. I dont like to be 'that guy' that will force the walking option if the other 3 want to ride and its a heck of a lot tougher to keep up when you're walking and carrying a cooler a beer with you. :drinks:

Last edited:

I agree. I've walked my entire life playing golf, but the wife and I walked yesterday evening in 90 degree muggy heat, and we both were done in after 12 holes, so we came in. Being 50 and diabetic makes it tougher every year, and more so in this heat. We both have agreed that we will be buying a cart membership starting next year. I will still walk some at that time, but not all the time. We also ride all the time when we play away from home, so I go either way.

Rider due to the fact that carts are included at all the courses here and at +100 degrees, walking is brutal.

Back home in NorCal, I used to walk 75% of the time, but it's easier in 70 degree weather.

As a serious golfer I always walk. It's why when I play in Florida I hit as many shots as I do. Need to get my serious workout in somehow.

I walk 100% of the time if it is allowed. Played a course on Saturday that did not allow push carts so had to ride.

Ah, right. I thought this was a slight typo. Was going to say Ryder, cos of the atmosphere and occasion, even though the Walker cup has many up and coming superstars!

I would love to walk but with the crazy Florida heat its a little to much during summer just need the breeze of the cart:)

I usually walk when Nerfny and I play. However when I play on the weekends with other people I tend to ride. I don't want to be that 1 guy in the group who walks haha.

Yeah I did that for awhile, and then it got back to me from the bartender at the club that a couple of the guys were talking about what a snob I was for not riding in the carts with them during a round. I explained to the bartender that it was for health reasons and that I would like nothing better than to sit on my fat azz in a cart sipping greyhounds, but I'd like to live long enough to see my kid graduate hight school.

He got the answer back to them and embellished a bit and they were both pretty embarrassed about it. Now though, the club knows I prefer to walk so they try to get me out with other walkers, if they can't I just ride and take the dogs for a long walk when I'm done.

I generally walk if I'm allowed. I feel like I play better when walking vs riding, whether its due to getting the heart rate up and blood flowing, or being given the time to think about your next shot while walking to it.

Yeah I did that for awhile, and then it got back to me from the bartender at the club that a couple of the guys were talking about what a snob I was for not riding in the carts with them during a round. I explained to the bartender that it was for health reasons and that I would like nothing better than to sit on my fat azz in a cart sipping greyhounds, but I'd like to live long enough to see my kid graduate hight school.

He got the answer back to them and embellished a bit and they were both pretty embarrassed about it. Now though, the club knows I prefer to walk so they try to get me out with other walkers, if they can't I just ride and take the dogs for a long walk when I'm done.

I prefer to walk as well. I've only walked a few times this season, but I find that I play better when I walk. There is nothing better than being the first out and walking the course. Plus it's cheaper.

I generally walk as long as it's allowed and if everyone else is walking that I'm with. I like to think about my next shot and I seem to get in a better rhythm when I walk.

If the course is long like the one I played yesterday (7600 yards), I'll ride.

Should walk, but I don't. I don't so much need the cart for my clubs, but I like the cup holders for my beer. Does that make me a bad person?

I do both. I walk every time I can and actually prefer it. But my Dad has a bum ankle so when I play with him I ride. It seems that walking keeps me a bit more in rythm and also keeps me loose.

Walker, only used a cart once and that was when on holiday

I walk as much as possible. Helps me to keep my head focused and I play so much better when I walk. If the course demands me to ride, I ride.

For a number of reasons I ride. Cart cost is not optional where I play, I am not in great shape and all my friends ride also.

However I wanted to mention that at a club I used to play at there were racks that fit on the back of the cart that would hold FOUR sets of clubs. I thought that was great since you could walk most of the course, get a ride once in a while and never have to carry your clubs. It did require that players usually keep their balls in play or the driver would be worn out trying to deliver clubs.

i ride just beacuse, i should start walking as its more healthy and cheaper lol

I usually ride. Of the 3-4 courses I play regularly, walking is not allowed at any except at one, but it is 'discouraged'. Simply too much space between many of the holes to keep up with play. I would ride anyway, but that makes the decision easier. I used to walk all the time but got tired of blowing off the last few holes when it was 90º+. Plus, I don't get to play that often so when I do get to play, I like to enjoy it. I like to just put my feet up and relax, talk to my friends, etc.

Back