What sports did/do you play?

Hockey from age five to currently playing though I think its my last season. People just take it way too seriously, I mean it is a beer league.

Hockey from age five to currently playing though I think its my last season. People just take it way too seriously, I mean it is a beer league.

I've played just about everything at one time or another. Hockey as much as I wanted to love it was my worst sport, I just can't skate worth a ****!

I played baseball and basketball.....

I played actual baseball in competitive leagues after the Army, until my son was 2 or so when I blew up my labrum trying to throw out a guy at second base (was a catcher). That sort of ended that but played from 23 to about 35.

I still play basketball with my buddies every Friday night and we can still get a little "competitive" with each other at times. ;) I'm 53 at this point and it takes way longer to recover, but I still love it.

Football, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, softball (fast pitch and slow pitch).
No hockey, even though I live in Minnesota. Hockey wasn't played in my part of the state as I grew up.

Golf, football, cricket and tennis were my big ones. I played football and cricket for the village teams I lived in (I was a much better cricket player than footballer). Too old and fat to play football now, and I’m in a country where no one knows what cricket is so don’t play either now. I’d like to start playing tennis again, especially as a mate of mine wants to resurrect his tennis playing days. I also grew up in a pub so played a tonne of darts (some wouldn’t class that as a sport, I do).

Grew up playing ice and roller hockey for the majority of my youth. Gave up hockey at 13 due to low back issues and took up golf, tennis and swiming. Excelled at all three into high school and junior college. Still play golf of couse and moved onto the occasional game of pickleball.

As a kid, baseball and tennis.

Now just golf.

I've played just about everything at one time or another. Hockey as much as I wanted to love it was my worst sport, I just can't skate worth a ****!
Could you shoot…?

1679076919522.gif

I played soccer and swam as a little kid until 5th grade when I moved to Bay Area.

I played baseball from about 5 until high school. I loved baseball and wish I had been better at it.

Did a couple of seasons of basketball but was terrible when I was in 4th grade and again in 7th.

Threw Shot put and disc in 10th and 11th grade.

Played football from 7th grade through Junior College. I tried walking on at Washington State and quickly found out what a D1 athlete was and I was not one of them.

I have skied my entire life. Maybe only a once a year thing at this point although my daughter had a ton of fun with it this year so maybe more.

Did some beer league softball from college until about 30.

Did Brazillian Jiu Jitsu from about 27 until 41 with a 3-year break when I first had my daughter. Quit when convid started and I started playing golf. Thinking about starting it up a couple of days a week to get back in shape for this summer and for golf but getting your butt kicked isn't that fun any longer.

Stupidly I played football in high school, which is probably the main reason for majority of my injuries

I loved playing volleyball but never officially in a competitive league or anything, and as a kid it was soccer and baseball

Soccer, Basketball and track. I was the goalie and could run fast so soccer was always fun. I had 0 skill in basketball and was cut in high school which was good. It had to be done. Track was my favorite. Regular events was 110 hurdles, high jump, pole vault, and triple jump. Invitationals I was a pentathlete. Good times :)

None of the above has continued past college. Golf is life.

National champion gymnast, judo and athletics whilst I was at school

Played Sunday league and 5-a-side football for a number of years

Represented my badminton club until I slipped a disc and although I did get back to playing, I eventually gave it up rather than risk a more serious back problem with the quick changes of direction

Now it is just golf and I play for our club first team

I played soccer, football, basketball and baseball. I played soccer (11 yrs) and football (6) the longest, and baseball quickly fell when I couldn't time the curve balls. Basketball was more rec than anything.

I played all of these as well, plus add in golf of course. Fishing & hunting are sports as well 😲 Golf, fishing & hunting are the only sports I play as an adult

I played tennis competitively growing up but only play occasionally now. Played basketball and other stuff but only recreationally with friends

Baseball from age 9 to 22, then again 30-33 in an over 30 league.
Basketball 7 to 18yrs old.
Football (tackle)8 to 18yrs old, 22 to 33 rough touch and flag in the last few years.
Golf from 21-26 then kids, now been playing again since 45yrs old almost 9years.

I was a baseball umpire from the age of 18-45.
I am currently a High School tackle football and High School girls lacrosse Offical for the last 15years.

hockey, tennis and golf are the main ones currently
A little soccer, softball volleyball when I was younger
Non competitive activities are snowboarding , skiing, cycle
I getting into snowboarding after trying flow boarding in the summer
I prefer the goofy stance as I can balance a bit better that way

Football, baseball, basketball growing up and football through high school. Started with rugby in college and played fifteen seasons, retired 5 years ago.

Now it’s just golf but did play in a rugby tournament this year to celebrate the 5 year anniversary of our last championship and play touch rugby in the beach every now and then. Hoping to start playing in a basketball league if work ever settles down.

School days back in the late 70's: Varsity Baseball. Right Field. (I'm a southpaw - but yet as a weird type of dexterity, I throw lefty, but bat righty).

I couldn't play football in HS as I was too busy playing Baritone in the Marching Band (Trumpet - jazz band, Electric Guitar - HS rock band).

Adulthood, while on active duty with the USCG: A few buddies and I played amateur Hockey off base, after hours, with a few civilians in town. I played Right Wing and shot the puck righty. We had a blast back then!

Football & Basketball in High School.

I wanted to play everything growing up. I only played baseball, basketball, bowling, one season of flag football, one season of soccer, and a couple years of volleyball in organized leagues. Oh, and I played in adult league softball since I was 12 starting at D league and moving to B league through the years. I was only kicked out of one game due to my age. I played pickup football since I couldn’t make weight when I was younger and spring football camp that interfered with baseball was mandatory for my high school. Baseball is my first love. I got to play with some very talented guys. My childhood neighbor just got inducted into his college’s HOF and got his number retired.

Football will always be the sport I wish I played. I was decent at it and it showed an interesting dichotomy with two local schools. One I attended (private) and one (public) I was enrolled in until I got an academic scholarship from the private school. I went from starter at the public school to third string if I finished tryouts at the private. I love telling the story in person.

I played football and softball.

Football, baseball,hockey,men's softball. coached FB for 20yrs, Student Athletic Trainer in HS, College,Pro Football

Basketball and wrestling in high school. Got involved in martial arts once I graduated. I taught Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwon Do for about 20 years. Didn't start golf until my late 40s.

Back