What sports did/do you play?

Played basketball through high school. Played baseball through junior year after which MI changed golf from a fall sport to a spring sport so I played golf. Did a couple years of track and 1 year of football in middle school. Did a few intramural sports in college, and played a few summers of church league softball after college. Been a few years since I played anything other than golf

Football 7-12 grades
Wrestling 7-12 grades, coach youth and HS for 13 years now. Have practiced with Olympian’s and college guys during the coaching stint. I’m good with not actually competing again.
Participated in the Highland Games for a few years, would be interested in getting back to that.
Golf I just started a few years ago. It’s my main hobby, and really the only thing I “compete” in anymore :)

Football, baseball, basketball. Played hockey, too, but only recreationally. One partial season of college football before injury (neck) ended that.

Started golf at age 23. Continued to play in a highly competitive flag football league until my early 30s, but injury, once again, ended that (ruptured achilles).

A lot of the sports/activities I've done over the years weren't competitive. I mentioned earlier that I surfed from age 11 to my mid-20s, and a few times since. I water skied from about age 5 until we sold our last ski boat when my kids went away to college. I used to snow ski and snow board, whitewater kayaking was a lot of fun in my 30s and 40s, and I've ridden dirt bikes since I was a teenager. None of those things were competitive though, except I did get into racing dirt bikes from my mid-40s through my mid-50s, mostly enduro and cross country/hare scrambles, but some motocross too. I still ride, but haven't raced in several years.

Baseball from the time I was old enough to play tee ball through high school. Wasn’t quite good enough to play college ball.

I have been practicing martial arts since I was 7 yrs old. Swam competitively 6-12th grade on a couple teams at once. Target sports like bullseye, pin shooting, 3 gun, trap and skeet since the 70s. I don't do skeet any more, the repetition made it too boring and easy. Lots of hiking and bike riding. When the wind chills are above freezing I'll bike a minimum of 100 miles a week, which is done in daily doses of an hour or 2 at a 10mph average pace. I fish, golf, upland and small game hunt. I used to play in an adult baseball league, but it never restarted after covid.

I played football (soccer) first, then went into hockey as a goalie for 8 years, then floorball for 15 years (the only one I had some success). I did try american football for a year, but being 50kg in wet socks, wasn't for me at the time. Some martial arts mixed in between there.

Nowadays golf and shooting Practical, rifle and pistol.

I started playing hockey at the age of 6, then took up baseball around the same age. Finally I took up golf at 16. I play only golf now,trying to get into a baseball team.

Tried Little League baseball, before everybody gat a trophy, you actually had try outs to get on a team. I didn't.

Dirt bikes after the Army from '69 until the early '80's, mostly hare scrambles and enduros, wasn't fast enough for MX, plus had to go to work on Monday morning.

Then got into running for conditioning, lot of 10k's and a few marathons. Never fast but always finished.

Been addicted to golf since '07, since starting as an old man I'm generally happy to still be playing. Like most still hope to improve some.

What sports did you play growing up and do you still compete in any of them?
Starting in junior highschool I played organized football, basket ball, baseball, and track. Most all the kids I grew up with did this.

I did the same in highschool, earning multiple letters in all four sports.

Once in college, I settled on baseball.

After college I played adult softball for many years, even after I took up golf.

Baseball, golf, hockey, basketball, sailing (i did sail competitively, in college, if you consider it a “sport”).

still play golf (obviously) and sail (non-competitively). I was best at baseball and love the game.

Looking back, I should have taken golf more seriously as I did have the ability to excel but not the drive.

I played baseball before golf and practiced basketball in high school, not played. 😂

The full gambit like many people.

I played basketball and soccer into college - track and cross country through high school and outside of school sports I was a boxer for a number of years.

Catcher/P/IF in baseball, Goalie in hockey. Hockey then Golf in college.

Basketball HS - All conference sr year
Little league and pony league baseball

I just golf now.

Last edited:
Cross Country (Played Football my freshman year and quickly found out I wasn't made for it)
Basketball
Baseball

And no. I don't compete in any of them anymore.

I picked up a basketball for the first time in about 5 years yesterday and I still have the range, so that felt good. :ROFLMAO:

Primarily baseball and basketball until age 15 when I started playing golf. Still play a decent amount of basketball in my backyard and play softball occasionally.

I played basketball and golf. I kept playing basketball till about 39 when I almost blew my knew out and realized a basketball injury would mean no golf for a while so I quit. I would like to have a friend to play tennis with. I have played some with my son, but our skills are too far apart. He is too good to play with me regularly.

I was 1st Team All-State. I can make it rain out there. 😂

I played football and basketball growing up.

Football, basketball, baseball - High School
Baseball - College
Baseball - Minor League 2 years
Fast Pitch Softball - Until age 40 and now just golf

In School i played Baseball, Football, and i played at golf recreationally and Bowling. When i went in the Military i continued to play Flag football, softball, Golf, racquetball and I joined a few softball teams and played at a high level and of course, continued to play golf. Air Force used to have fast Pitch men's leagues back in the 70's and 80's.
Now i am 65 and still play in rec/city league softball leagues and am much better at golf

Last edited:
Soccer, marathoner, basketball, tennis, football, USA kickball circuit

Football
Baseball
Wrestling
Golf

Growing up I played both roller hockey and ice hockey. Also played tennis for a bit. Right now the only sport I actively play is golf although occasionally I’ll play tennis with friends

Back