What sports did/do you play?

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What sports did you play growing up and do you still compete in any of them?

I played soccer, football, basketball and baseball. I played soccer (11 yrs) and football (6) the longest, and baseball quickly fell when I couldn't time the curve balls. Basketball was more rec than anything.

Basketball and high jump for me- neither of which do I still participate in. Complete dislocation of an ankle ended my ball playing career.

I played basketball and baseball into middle school before giving them up for travel soccer. Got to high school and was told in no uncertain terms that soccer was not for me :LOL:

Freshman year I ran cross country, had a knee surgery, did triple jump and high jump, had two more knee surgeries, and that was the end of my non-golf dry land sports. I swam and dove until high school and then started taking diving more seriously and competed in that into college. Now my only sports are golf and walking the dogs :LOL:

Football, baseball, track, hockey, and wrestling growing up, football in college. Now I golf and snowboard. Don't do anything competitively really, other than a golf tourney here or there and a banked slalom every winter, neither of which really count.

Played almost everything as a young kid but the only sport I played at a higher level was soccer. Then I coached it for five years. Now I’m done playing and coaching. Golf only now lol

I played baseball from ages 4-14, basketball from 8-15, and golf from 10-present.

I’ll still play the pickup basketball or softball game if I’m in the right mood.

Basketball from 4th to 9th grade
Football from 4th to 12th grade
Teeball/Baseball from 1st to 8th grade
Golf from 8th to 11th grade (shoulder surgeries my senior year)
Soccer from 1st to 3rd grade

Only still play golf.

Baseball
Basketball
Football, Played in fr.Soph year highschool and then I played parks league till I was 35 and tore my acl which ended all my sports except golf pretty much.

My first love was freestyle skiing which I did competitively from age 8 through high school. I dabbled in baseball, track, football and basketball but after 8th grade is was only golf and skiing. I haven’t done either competitively since college but I’m still and avid skier and golfer. I just bought my IKon ski pass for next winter today as I hope to do three or four ski trips out West next winter. :)

Football, wrestling, baseball, swimming, and skiing. I still ski, but feel like I'm getting a step slower out there each year. It's probably time to hang it up before I add onto the extensive injury list.

Competitive sports (have done a lot more recreationally, but not competitively):

As a kid - Bowling, Little League Baseball, BMX.
High School - Football, Basketball, Track & Field (High Jump, Mile Relay & 330y Low Hurdles)
Adult - Softball, Basketball, Football, Martial Arts, Motocross, Hare Scrambles, Observed Trials, League Paintball, Ice Hockey, Competitive Shooting (Pistol and Three-Gun), Golf.

Currently still playing - Golf.

Last edited:
I played soccer, football, baseball, basketball, and volleyball at various levels. haven't played any of them in ages.

I played soccer, football, basketball, Track and field and baseball in High School. Then took up Fast and slow pitch softball after HS until I was 55. Also Skied in the Winter.

Hockey was my main one growing up. I played beer league all the way up to 2019 and gave that up during covid when I found golf. I did end up getting into track and cross country during high school because of a girl. Boy was that dumb 😂.

Baseball and wrestling. Now golf. I wish I had played golf as a kid.

Baseball as a kid until curve balls were a thing.
Varsity skiing in HS but haven't gone out in about 15 years.
Picked up ice hockey and golf in my late 20s and still play both in my early 50s.
Bowling also but that's more about having a guys night out than anything else.

In my younger years I spent most of my time from age 11 on surfing, but still played baseball and football. No one played much basketball where I grew up, except for maybe in PE at school, and soccer wasn't a thing yet. Don't play any of them any more, but played softball three nights a week from mid-30s through my 40s, and some rec basketball in my 40s.

I played basketball, baseball, soccer and hockey growing up. At 60, I don’t play any of them anymore.

I have played golf since the early 1970s.

What sports did you play growing up and do you still compete in any of them?

Baseball, basketball, tennis, football, even some soccer... now golf.

I golf and occasionally shoot some hoops. Would like to play tennis again.

Football and wrestling through high school.

Baseball until I was 13, gave it up when I started working summers on a farm, and discovered rodeo.

Traveled a regional rodeo circuit, pretending to be a cowboy, for about 10 years. Hung up my spurs for good at 28 when I got bucked off a horse and had to have back surgery.

Took up golf about 15 years ago.

Football, Basketball, Track in highschool.

Track in college

Softball after college.

Just golf now.

For school - soccer / table tennis / and volleyball .

Other - table tennis and
indoor cricket ( played for 32 years)

golf wasn’t until mid late 20s ,
It’s only sport played now

Back