What sports did/do you play?

Soccer and cricket.

My Dad was a soccer coach when I was growing up so that's the sport I played.

I played football and basketball in college. I played soccer until I was 18 and played on the Quebec provincial team. Did track in highschool (100M and long jump). I was also a nationally ranked squash player in my teens.

As an adult I played low level professional football but nothing special.

Have been playing golf since 22yrs old. Other than that I run but mostly just so I can eat burgers

Football was the only sport I really was competitive in. Played offensive line in high school.

High school wrestling (stunk) for 3 years, high school football (stunk) 2 years, collegiate rugby 4 years (mostly meh, with flashes of okayness), 2 years club side rugby (mostly meh, with flashes of okayness), dabbled in shotokan karate (surprisingly decent at this). Stopped all that athletic silliness when I discovered booze and other things.

Last edited:
Played baseball all the way up through college.

Don't still play, but do play slow-pitch softball

Soccer through 8th grade.
Baseball through 9th grade before switching to golf due to shoulder injury.
Basketball through high school.
Handball for two years in college.
Now, I just play golf and run.

Played basketball and baseball up to age 14. Started playing roller hockey at 18 and skated up through my mid-30's until the doc told me my knee couldn't take it any more. That's when I took up golf.

I played baseball through high school and basketball in league through high school. I don’t play either now, threw out my shoulder senior year and can’t really throw now, shoulder lights up in pain at any attempt. Played in men’s league basketball until tearing my ACL then decided it wasn’t worth it. Wish I had kept up with it now as it helped keep my weight down.

I grew up with baseball and basketball and play those through high school. picked up golf in 8th grade and have played it ever since. In the last 2 months started playing basketball again to try to get into shape a little bit.

Football and wrestling. Played baseball growing up but I don’t count it as burnout was very real, when people mask, I always tell them football and wrestling, and my job was to pick people up, and put them down.

I played soccer through high school then again after I graduated from college. I was a competitive water skier and snow skied a lot. I played basketball until sophomore year of high school when I stopped growing. I picked up golf when I was young but didn't play a lot until I was in college.

After college I played soccer pretty seriously, pickup basketball, golfed, snow skied and picked up and got pretty serious about squash. In my mid 20s I joined a country club and dropped soccer and got serious about golf. In my late 30s I came back to water skiing seriously again with my family.

Fast forward to today in my mid 50s with a broken down body. I obviously still play golf. I snow ski as much as I can which will pick up again more next year when my son's lacrosse career ends. Until last year I water skied 2-4 mornings a week but don't ski tournaments anymore. I have a foot issue that made me not want to put my golf season at risk. I have an appointment with a podiatrist this afternoon to try and figure out what is wrong so I can get back on the water this summer.

My body wouldn't support basketball or squash anymore.

Football, tennis, baseball and softball, basketball and a little soccer. None of which were through the school and none at a high level.

I would play football again in a heartbeat. I was every bit as passionate about that sport as I am with golf. It dawned on me recently that those days are gone - even if it isn’t by choice.

Through grade school I did soccer, cross country, basketball, volleyball, track/field, baseball.

High school I played football, basketball, baseball all 4 years

4 years of college baseball and 2 years in the Minor Leagues

Last edited:
Football, basketball, baseball as a youth through high school. Golf and bowling as an adult. Im a baseball and football coach for youth now

Organized sports? Baseball, football, basketball and golf. None at a higher level than intramural in college.

Baseball, football and basketball through college. Softball after college until I turned 30. Started playing golf when I was 10, played golf in Jr. High, High School and college. Still play now, obviously, at 68

Soccer from age 6 to 18 (senior year in HS). I still play soccer occasionally
Golf from college freshman to present.

i played baseball and tennis all through school but was not good enough to move forward after. it's funny your the best in your school but there are hundreds of kids that are like that and they are better then you 🤷‍♂️

now a days i just golf

Volleyball in HS, JV Football, Baseball
Surfing, Skateboarding (Pools, Ditches and Parks 70's ), Snowboarding
Still go surfing a few times a year, but crowds have changed the dynamic.
I ride my skate board on flat surfaces these days. Haven't been snowboarding in a few years, but honestly, after living in one of the best ski areas in North America for 5-6 years, I am spoiled on Pow Pow, and haven't much interest in it anymore, plus it's too damn expensive.
These days golf is my main "sport"

Last edited:
growing up for school it was basketball, baseball, soccer, golf, dabbled in football when I was young. Non-school related was tennis, volleyball, street hockey(can we count that?).

Older me...golf, softball. Mostly just golf now.

Football, baseball, basketball through high school. Was recruited to play football and baseball in college but I went to school for pre-med (switched majors after 2 years) and decided to just focus on studies. Now I dabble in golf, slow pitch softball and pick-up basketball games.

Baseball through high school, midget football as a kid, tennis with friends through and after HS and golf since I was 11

Played hockey for a few years growing up, started lacrosse when I was 7, and played until I left that behind for the military. Have been invited out to play Senior Men's and drop in lacrosse but I'll stick with golf.

Did a year of soccer. Baseball for a handful of years. Had to play flag football because I couldn't play tackle football at the same place I got kicked out of baseball. Pretty much just ran. Did my first road race just before my 6th birthday. Practiced with high school teams and did a couple years of Junior Olympics until we moved to Florida. Then I got into middle school and had a school team. Tried out for football freshman year and the cross country coach made sure I didn't make the team. Ended up doing cross country freshman year and then we moved to NJ and I didn't do track. Right knee blew up during cross country sophmore year, left knee went when I came back for track and I was pretty much done running. I was not upset, I hated running.

Back