White belt on the golf course = very stylish
White belt off the golf course = very... risky

My rule is that it has to have something to compliment it. I don't know how much your mom keeps up with style, but I would ask her to make sure my outfit matches. That is what I did when I was your age and very bad at style.

I would wear a white belt when I have alot of black on. Stands out more.....

Love the white nike one btw

Thats the one i got, with the buckle

Yeah, the white belt in public can either be a smash, or a complete failure

I just can't get used to the white belt/white shorts look. Maybe if the buckle wasn't white then maybe that would look better to me

Actually the wonderful picture that Sligo uses for their print campaign has almost that same exact outfit except BG has the ice O'Brien on and he's got a blue belt on with that outfit. Personally I think that works a little better and transitions the outfit better than the white belt would but that's just me.

Im a big fan of white shorts/pants and white belt. I wear a pair of Dunning white shorts with the Sligo Ice Scriver all the time. No question a white belt is needed for that one. I think any other color would look kind of weird.

I used to think the white belt was weird. I was really careful with what I paired with it. But then, as both my husband and I started to wear them more, they kind of just got into regular rotation. The outfit that I find is really weird looking is khaki, colored polo, black shoes with a white belt. When my husband puts that on, I feel like his shoes should be white to unify the outfit. But if he wears any white with it, it usually looks really good (shirt can be white, pants can be white).

I wear a Lija white belt with jeans, tennis shoes and almost any shirt (clearly a non-golfing outfit). My tennis shoes are white, however.

And as far as the white belt with jeans I dunno about everyone else but I never rock the white belt socially. Just for golf.

This is the one I have...assume it's the same as yours.

Zoom-nike-swoosh-cut-out-white-belt-a.jpg

My rule is that it has to have something to compliment it. I don't know how much your mom keeps up with style, but I would ask her to make sure my outfit matches. That is what I did when I was your age and very bad at style.

+1

if you plan on wearing it off the course you swing one way or the other. It's either a home run or a dud (there's no middle ground). I'd say ratios are normally 10/90 home run/dud.

+1

if you plan on wearing it off the course you swing one way or the other. It's either a home run or a dud (there's no middle ground). I'd say ratios are normally 10/90 home run/dud.

I think it also depends on the style of the white belt. The bigger belt buckles are harder to wear off the course. Something like this: http://www.blind9golf.com/nike-tripunto-g-flex-leather-belt-white.html it's a little mellower, not as golf-esque. The one I wear off the course is a web belt. I'm not even sure you notice I wear a belt when I wear it as it's very low-key (non-noticeable buckle). I should also say that for the most part, my husband wears golf clothes to work (duh!).

Ok. So let me make sure this is clear. I can wear a white belt, with a black shirt and pants, and a white hat with white shoes. Correct?

Solid advice, I worked with a guy who wore a white belt with work jeans. Can't remember his name but I do remember his belt hah...

Ok. So let me make sure this is clear. I can wear a white belt, with a black shirt and pants, and a white hat with white shoes. Correct?
You almost would have to, unless you like looking like a priest, or Johnny Cash.

belt.jpg

So this is acceptable?

Sorry about the poor quality. Just my crappy phone.

Last edited:
belt.jpg

So this is acceptable?

Sorry about the poor quality. Just my crappy phone.
Looks good to me. I'm no fashion guy but this is a perfect spot for the white belt. imo

I think that works Clay, then again I was the one that started this thread originally asking the same exact questions so we may want to let an expert chime in! But yeah I say yes it works.

Clay you will be playing and looking sharp this golf season :thumb:

Yep Clay that works. Another combo you can do with that outfit is a black hat and white shoes. If you just did the white belt and nothing else white it looks a little odd. But you did good there.

And as far as the white belt with jeans I dunno about everyone else but I never rock the white belt socially. Just for golf.

wait for it...
Spoiler
+1

There is a guy I work with who rocks it with jeans though

I'm wearing that outfit friday for a high school practice round. The hat is the White THP one, the shirt is THP, white nike belt, black pants, and white nike shoes.

Last edited:
I'm wearing that outfit friday for a high school practice round. The hat is the White THP one, the shirt is THP, white nike belt, black pants, and white nike shoes.

Yep, Looks good. The key is to not get too many colours goin on so If you're strictly at 2 or 3 thats perfect. Outfit looks good though.

Yep, Looks good. The key is to not get too many colours goin on so If you're strictly at 2 or 3 thats perfect. Outfit looks good though.

Thanks Dent. I'm trying to get a little bit better on the fashon front of golf.

Does the white belt necessitate white or light-colored shoes? I do agree a white hat goes well with a white belt. White belts for some reason look good on golfers.

personally, if 2.3 match (hat, belt, shoes) I think one is safe
Does the white belt necessitate white or light-colored shoes? I do agree a white hat goes well with a white belt. White belts for some reason look good on golfers.

Ill rock the white belt to work sometimes, but its with brown or grey khakis. I have a nice looking pair of DC slip on shoes I wear with them.

Back