I normally only wear them with black pants and yellow shirt. Black belt and a black and yellow cobra hat. They are MyJoys that were on closeout (already done) at Golflocker. Picked them up for $79 bucks.

worst white golf belt ... google search says !!!
Spoiler
Heroes-belt.jpg
justin-timberlake-golf.jpg

I normally only wear them with black pants and yellow shirt. Black belt and a black and yellow cobra hat. They are MyJoys that were on closeout (already done) at Golflocker. Picked them up for $79 bucks.
Wow! I would spring at that deal!
Definitely a very popular color combo here in Pttsburgh.

What I would do for a golf locker store near me.

They ship to Canada I believe. There is only one Golflocker and we were lucky to have it in Tampa.

First, there are no rules that everyone must adhere to. Some people can get away with what another cannot.
As a general guide; all your leathers should match. This means you will usually need some aspect of your belt color/texture in your shoes. Extra credit for matching your glove. Of course, you can wear all black, with a red hat and belt (and red glove ideally)… But you need to have either black and/or red shoes on.

I think the golf fashion crowd needs to move on from belts. I don’t want to sound too much like a NYC fashion victim… But flashy belts are so three years ago (at best).

First, there are no rules that everyone must adhere to. Some people can get away with what another cannot.
As a general guide; all your leathers should match. This means you will usually need some aspect of your belt color/texture in your shoes. Extra credit for matching your glove. Of course, you can wear all black, with a red hat and belt (and red glove ideally)… But you need to have either black and/or red shoes on.

I think the golf fashion crowd needs to move on from belts. I don’t want to sound too much like a NYC fashion victim… But flashy belts are so three years ago (at best).

Golf fashion, especially accessories, and regular fashion are worlds apart and very different. As someone that has worked in fashion for quite some time, the two really do not mean much to each other at all. Usually you can mark that most golf fashion (major brands) follow completely different rules in style when it involves design, cut, etc...

Golf fashion, especially accessories, and regular fashion are worlds apart and very different. As someone that has worked in fashion for quite some time, the two really do not mean much to each other at all. Usually you can mark that most golf fashion (major brands) follow completely different rules in style when it involves design, cut, etc...

Putting aside the technical considerations in sport apparel, I’d have to respectfully disagree. Most designers you’ll notice follow along similar trends when it comes to color, patterns, and especially texture. I will support my position by pointing out a few trends that has obviously ’trickled down’ from ready-to-wear to sportswear.
First, the argyle trend. Everyone from JL to Sligowear is still putting it out in spring 2010. This was a hit in the fall of 2008 in mens ready-to-wear! How about, skulls/crossbones/tattoo graphics? This was on its way out summer 2009 in mens ready-to-wear.
Look at what Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, and even what Puma is doing across their lines. There are obvious similarities in color, patterns, cut, etc..

Umm, but argyle has been in golf apparel for the last 5 years really. Look at Ashworth's lines, Fidra (Cleveland Classics beforehand), and any other major manufacturer. Your citing small companies that follow trends at times. Heck Sligo has had argyle in some form for the last 3-4 seasons. Skull and Crossbones? Tattoo Golf has been doing it since its inception.

People can cite some following trends, but the same could be said in reverse. Look at how many plaids have been coming out from luxury designers since the end of 09, yet the golf world has been doing that in a huge way for years.

I think the opposite. I think coloured belts are just becoming the next thing to consider when dressing up. For most people it was always black and brown. The belt can easily expand your fashion options. Like JB mentioned, maybe in regular fashion they were so three years ago.

IMG00082-20100408-0735.jpg

Here's a pic of the outfit today. Work then golf right after so on the course the shoes will be changed to my white and black adidas. I think it works with this outfit, what do you think?

Absolutely.

"I'm...too sexy for my belt....too sexy for my belt...."

Glad I could make ya laugh early in the morning Putt....hope the rest of your day as good!
I just cracked up laughing at work in my cube reading this- people probably think I'm nuts!

I don't know how it can't be a great day thanks, Masters coverage online all day, golf after work....it's shaping up to be a great day! Oh, and I'm sitting here singing I'm too sexy for my belt. That's good too, right? Um, forget that last part! :wink:

The Mystery of the White Belt

The Mystery of the White Belt

Ok guys,

I keep seeing on TV how these tour pros are rocking the white belt. So today, I gave in and bought one. The only problem is....... I have no idea how to use it. So, what are your do's and don't for wearing the white belt. Also, can white belts be used with jeans in a non-golf envirnment? I am a pretty much a fashon failure. haha

i usually try to wear a white shoes and white hat with it on the course.

Clay, I merged this with a really lengthy thread on the white belt.

Perfect JB, thanks

I don't think a white belt looks good with white pants/shorts. Too much white and doesn't stand out

I think a white belt is great at breaking up an outfit (all black with a white belt)

Play around with different combos and you'll see what works and waht doesn't
Ok guys,

I keep seeing on TV how these tour pros are rocking the white belt. So today, I gave in and bought one. The only problem is....... I have no idea how to use it. So, what are your do's and don't for wearing the white belt. Also, can white belts be used with jeans in a non-golf envirnment? I am a pretty much a fashon failure. haha

I would wear a white belt when I have alot of black on. Stands out more.....

Love the white nike one btw

I don't think a white belt looks good with white pants/shorts. Too much white and doesn't stand out

I think a white belt is great at breaking up an outfit (all black with a white belt)

Play around with different combos and you'll see what works and waht doesn't

Im a big fan of white shorts/pants and white belt. I wear a pair of Dunning white shorts with the Sligo Ice Scriver all the time. No question a white belt is needed for that one. I think any other color would look kind of weird.

I wear my white adidas Trophy 2.0 belt all the time to work. Usually with either black or navy pants. Shirts vary, but like it's been already said, it's to break up the outfit. Plus make a bit of a statement. :act-up:

Back