I have a lot of fabric and ribbon belts that match my outfits. I consider shoes and hats to be an accessory - like a purse that compliments an outfit.

I like the look of a white belt, but I haven't yet bought one for fear of mismatching. I am notorious for poorly matching my outfits. I will get dressed before my wife gets up and when I come home she says "if I was awake I would not have let you out of the house like that".

If you come back to this thread right before you get dressed, you can't go wrong. White Belt = Something else white, preferrably hat/shoes.

If you come back to this thread right before you get dressed, you can't go wrong. White Belt = Something else white, preferrably hat/shoes.

That is the baseline I'm using based on the information I have learned in this thread.

If you come back to this thread right before you get dressed, you can't go wrong. White Belt + Something else white, preferrably hat/shoes.
I wouldn't put it that simply. Even if your hat is white, all black shoes will never look good with a white belt IMO.
I'd say with white, you will most often need at least a bit of white in both your hat and shoes.

I wouldn't put it that simply. Even if your hat is white, all black shoes will never look good with a white belt IMO.
I'd say with white, you will most often need at least a bit of white in both your hat and shoes.

I agree, although I would say in desperate times, you could sneak by with Black Pants, Black Shoes, White Belt. White Hat

It's shady but I think I'd do it.

Im not sure about that one. Black pants red and white shirt, red and white hat, black shoes and a white belt, not white shoes. The white shoes wold still stick out. Wore that one a month back and it looked good from what GG said.

That sounds like a pretty solid outfit JB. I'm looking forward to playing around with my color combos and getting more use out of that belt.

I agree, although I would say in desperate times, you could sneak by with Black Pants, Black Shoes, White Belt. White Hat

It's shady but I think I'd do it.
Yeah, in those cases it might even come down to more detailed things i.e. belt buckle, socks, etc.
I have done the outfit you're describing with other colors, for the reasons I stated earlier, but I've never done it with white simply because I have solid white shoes.

I'll add that if you're buying white shoes to go with a white belt, try to stay away from athletic-style shoes, especially those with stripes or other accents of a different color (even black). All-white classic-styled shoes will always compliment your white belt, and allow for more flexibility in the rest of your outfit.

Yeah, in those cases it might even come down to more detailed things i.e. belt buckle, socks, etc.
I have done the outfit you're describing with other colors, for the reasons I stated earlier, but I've never done it with white simply because I have solid white shoes.

I'll add that if you're buying white shoes to go with a white belt, try to stay away from athletic-style shoes, especially those with stripes or other accents of a different color (even black). All-white classic-styled shoes will always compliment your white belt, and allow for more flexibility in the rest of your outfit.

JL,
I will disagree a little again. take black pants a white belt, a white shirt and a black hat. Add in adidas white and black shoes and it looks phenomenal!

Im not sure about that one. Black pants red and white shirt, red and white hat, black shoes and a white belt, not white shoes. The white shoes wold still stick out. Wore that one a month back and it looked good from what GG said.
I guess if you're combining three main colors into your outfit, there's a little more flexibility there (I usually only use two).
For me, your outfit probably would have looked better with white shoes, but at that point it's just a matter of personal preference.

JL I do agree. Also picture this though.. Adidas Tour 360 LTD's. Those are mostly all black with the white stripes, you can easily rock a white belt there with black shoes.

JL,
I will disagree a little again. take black pants a white belt, a white shirt and a black hat. Add in adidas white and black shoes and it looks phenomenal!
Exactly, but let's say you're wearing the orange belt/hat outfit me and Dent were discussing earlier. The white and black Adidas' would look a little strange since there is no other black anywhere else.
It just forces you to incorporate another color elsewhere, nothing wrong with that.

That is very true, but this was about a white belt. You said that with a white belt you should go with all white shoes I thought. I actually think the exact opposite.

With all the colored shoes, hats and belts nowadays there are so many endless possibilities... some better than others. I think if you use the rule of thumb to match 2 of the 3 I think you'll be OK (of course you're 3rd would still have to match with the outfit).

That is very true, but this was about a white belt. You said that with a white belt you should go with all white shoes I thought. I actually think the exact opposite.
I suppose I should have said "you should go with all white shoes to match a variety of belts other than black/brown."

JL I do agree. Also picture this though.. Adidas Tour 360 LTD's. Those are mostly all black with the white stripes, you can easily rock a white belt there with black shoes.
I agree with that, basically because of the styling of the shoes (the white stripes almost look like little belts).
I was mainly talking about the really sneaker-like shoe models, where there is less striking contrast.

I agree with that, basically because of the styling of the shoes (the white stripes almost look like little belts).
I was mainly talking about the really sneaker-like shoe models, where there is less striking contrast.

Do you consider the Powerbands more sneaker styling? Because they looked great this weekend with a white belt. Blue and white shoes with a blue and black and white shorts. Blue shirt and white belt.

Do you consider the Powerbands more sneaker styling? Because they looked great this weekend with a white belt. Blue and white shoes with a blue and black and white shorts. Blue shirt and white belt.

JB that looks great, but I think JL is pertaining to having only one brand of shoe. Lets say the Blue powerbands, and if you are talking strictly white and black here. If you only have that one shoe with the blue, and want to wear black and white it's going to look slightly off.

JB that looks great, but I think JL is pertaining to having only one brand of shoe. Lets say the Blue powerbands, and if you are talking strictly white and black here. If you only have that one shoe with the blue, and want to wear black and white it's going to look slightly off.

Well they dont really make the blue and white shoe, so lets say its black and white for argument's sake. I think the same outfit would look just as good. Just change the hat from blue to black or white.

Well they dont really make the blue and white shoe, so lets say its black and white for argument's sake. I think the same outfit would look just as good. Just change the hat from blue to black or white.

I'll agree it looks good as well. But if you are staying strictly white and black, you can almost throw on anything and make it look good. As long as you stay white and black.

I'll agree it looks good as well. But if you are staying strictly white and black, you can almost throw on anything and make it look good. As long as you stay white and black.

What I meant Dent was that take that same blue and white outfit and change the shoes to black and white rather than blue and white and I still think the white belt works well. I do not believe that for a white belt that the shoes have to be ALL White.

I think you can wear blue with black and white. I like to throw a little pink in with black and white too. I never add yellow though - maxes me feel like a bumble bee.

^ What Dent said. Let's say you're wearing these shoes:

adidas-powerband-2.jpg

It wouldn't look good with all white and black everywhere else.
Granted, all you would need is a little blue/gray logo on your shirt or hat, but still...

What I meant Dent was that take that same blue and white outfit and change the shoes to black and white rather than blue and white and I still think the white belt works well. I do not believe that for a white belt that the shoes have to be ALL White.

Sorry JB, was slightly confused by your first post. I 100% agree though. Not everyone has the ability to match a slightly accented shoe colour with their outfit. Ex: the blue shoe accent with a blue shirt. That is why white and black shoes are so popular because of the versatility.

It wouldn't look good with all white and black everywhere else.
Granted, all you would need is a little blue/gray logo on your shirt or hat, but still...

I think you're a bit too matchy matchy. I'm sure you look nice, but I think it's ok to mix things up a bit.

Back