EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

MC hopefuls may want to revisit their bag builds and make necessary updates. Maybe have 6 wedges for all possible bunker/greenside interactions at Briggs.
Just in case you become a tour player!

To be fair I saw plenty of tee shots that were not in play over the weekend haha
It can definitely happen. A few holes are more dangerous than others. But as someone who sprays the ball with the best of them, the tee shots weren't nearly as scary as some other courses I've played. Most of our trouble came from green side traps or bad chips. I highly suggest putting any chance you can. I putt one on hole 6 with my hybrid from about 70 yards to roughly 10 feet. It was awesome.
Forecaddies were great with the putts too. But will they be allowed to read putts this year???

It can definitely happen. A few holes are more dangerous than others. But as someone who sprays the ball with the best of them, the tee shots weren't nearly as scary as some other courses I've played. Most of our trouble came from green side traps or bad chips. I highly suggest putting any chance you can. I putt one on hole 6 with my hybrid from about 70 yards to roughly 10 feet. It was awesome.
Forecaddies were great with the putts too. But will they be allowed to read putts this year???
I will literally let gimmes be good from 20 feet if we can be done in 4.5
You would think that was some miracle mile time.

MC hopefuls may want to revisit their bag builds and make necessary updates. Maybe have 6 wedges for all possible bunker/greenside interactions at Briggs.
A widelow could be very handy. I loved it last summer when we went forever without rain and the course was very dry and firm. I thought it gave me a bit more room for error than the versatile grind in my other 58. Whether it actually did is up for debate but I thought it did and that gave me a little more confidence pitching and chipping with it.

As someone who likes to play fairly quick, that final 18 was rougggghhhhh. It took 1 hole for me to realize what we were in for with our group

I am saving this message in case I play with you! And I will run to and from the cart to ensure we come in under time. I will take anything I can get.

Nice, teams will be set soon. Will be awesome to see who makes up the teams. Going to be some excited THPers here real soon. LFG!!!

A widelow could be very handy. I loved it last summer when we went forever without rain and the course was very dry and firm. I thought it gave me a bit more room for error than the versatile grind in my other 58. Whether it actually did is up for debate but I thought it did and that gave me a little more confidence pitching and chipping with it.
The extra little bit of confidence, rational or not, does absolute wonders right?

I got to see a bunch of the new lineup this weekend, including @sweetnlow and @BigDill Darkspeed drivers and @echico King CB's. Open browser tab pondering is in effect this week, it wouldn't be the first time following along with this event has cost me a few bucks. The new gear is HOT.
Asks Black Friday GIF
After catching a bit of the event Jank/Nate fest in AZ from this past weekend, can I propose an early forum name change bet? Probably already been discussed by all you that were actually there 🤣
@echico and @BigDill?
Can @echino and @bilgill make an appearance pending the MC results?

After catching a bit of the event Jank/Nate fest in AZ from this past weekend, can I propose an early forum name change bet? Probably already been discussed by all you that were actually there 🤣
@echico and @BigDill?
Can @echino and @bilgill make an appearance pending the MC results?

Angry Jenifer Lewis GIF

Are you worried that the forum will like @echino better? Maybe he has deeper pockets has better calves? Maybe @bilgill is more charismatic, brews better beer and then everyone just forgets about @echico and @BigDill? 🤣

The extra little bit of confidence, rational or not, does absolute wonders right?
It does. And whatever works, right?

I might be wrong but 6 Wedges seems like a lot of wedges?

The toe down heel off the ground chipping style works well around the greens.

Looking forward to seeing the teams, getting to be even more exciting around here - as if experience following isn't enough.

Now that I am playing some golf it's made these threads (hopefuls and following type) as well as equipment and well, most threads actually that much more enjoyable.

I might be wrong but 6 Wedges seems like a lot of wedges?
6 may not even be enough! Maybe 8.

It was all said tongue in cheek. Sarcasm is hard to convey in this format. I would totally not expect you to pick it up as you don’t know me. Just know about 96% of what I say is in jest 🤣

But maybe someone does have 6 wedges in their bag? It is entirely possible, we are THP internet golfers!

It was all said tongue in cheek. Sarcasm is hard to convey in this format. I would totally not expect you to pick it up as you don’t know me. Just know about 96% of what I say is in jest 🤣

But maybe someone does have 6 wedges in their bag? It is entirely possible, we are THP internet golfers!
Why not. I have thought about over and over what club to replace the 4 iron. Maybe just drop the 4 iron for another wedge.

Why not. I have thought about over and over what club to replace the 4 iron. Maybe just drop the 4 iron for another wedge.
And if it works, yes, why not!?!
I think Ian mentioned it on the last Off Course podcast. Have 16-17-18 clubs or something like that. Rotate things in or out depending on the course you are playing.

I roll with 5 if the PW counts. I could easily rock 6 at some courses

And if it works, yes, why not!?!
I think Ian mentioned it on the last Off Course podcast. Have 16-17-18 clubs or something like that. Rotate things in or out depending on the course you are playing.
Wedges with different bounces is interesting but not an investment I am willing to make right now. I use some mid and low bounce wedges because the sand is so bad in AZ but when I go to Bandon next week some higher bounce wedges would be useful in those bunkers. The putter should get a workout around the greens so chipping shouldn't be to much of a consideration.

I used to do the hybrid/driving iron switch from overseed season to summer season as I get a lot more roll out in summer so the driving iron was the play. Now I just stay with my Forged Tec 4i as I can flight that enough to get a lot of roll when needed with it but fly it in the expensive season.

Just received an email from Cobra Golf with a newer marketing approach and gotta say the Cobra Chase More theme really works for me. That has been and continues to be the fun of golf for me, that there is always more to try to get from it.

My comment was Sarcasm also!! I delete half my comments because sarcasm gets lost online and I don't want to sound like a Ahole. :D
I have seen some interesting setups so 6 wedges would not surprise me.
I have seen a bag with only 2 irons and they were wedges. So nothing surprises me anymore.

I have 4 wedges if PW and GW count.

The widelow is all around fantastic! I think I'll have one in my MC bag if not for Briggs, then for everything else I play.

Snakebite X in 48/52/56 and then a 60 WL. I'll just need a couple for special shots. Maybe a 60/4 WL and 50/8 in Raw. 6 wedges, easy.

Back