Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons & THP Testing

Does anyone play the 2.0's with the heavier Dynamic Gold Superlight shaft. I hit the stock shaft 85 g yesterday and it was way to light for my swing speed. Just curious as to what the ball flight might be with the DG's???

I picked up a set of 2.0's with DGSL this winter. The heavier shaft helps keep the ball flight down a bit. The irons already launch high enough. Really enjoying the performance of the 2.0's.

I just ordered my custom built 2.0 irons this morning. I also ordered the R-11 3 wood as well.
I'm already impatiently waiting for them to be built and shipped !!

Nice Drumdog!!!! Lol, I know the feeling buddy and I'm sure they will be there sooner than later.

I just ordered my custom built 2.0 irons this morning. I also ordered the R-11 3 wood as well.

How did you order them DD? I mean, with what options? Congrats too pal, I think you're gonna be happy with them.

Very nice grad DrumDog. These irons are beyond awesome.

Super glad I let TC talk me into pulling the trigger.

Very nice grad DrumDog. These irons are beyond awesome.

Super glad I let TC talk me into pulling the trigger.

Imo, these would be the only thing that I would want to replace Ci9's with too. Glad you like them bro.

Nice! How did you get them built?

Nice! How did you get them built?

Standard loft and lie, stiff shaft, +1 inch long, 2 extra wraps under the black and white Golf Pride New Decade grips.
Had the same details on the 3 wood as well.

Fantastic DD! Congrats again pal. I think these irons look sharp with a white grip on them. I put the UST Mamiya Comp DV's on mine and they look pretty slick.

grip_5.png

Fantastic DD! Congrats again pal. I think these irons look sharp with a white grip on them. I put the UST Mamiya Comp DV's on mine and they look pretty slick.

grip_5.png

Wow....I love the white and black one!
There may be a change in the grips on mine in the near future....

Good gawd !!

I sent my email order for these clubs this morning at 6:47 am PST.
Less than 3 hours later, I just got an email from TM with this news....

Bill,

I’ve placed your order this morning for the Burner 2.0 irons and R11 fairway.
Here is your pricing summary.
Note a minor change because of the upcharge for your Golf Pride New Decade grip requests.
The Burner 2.0 irons are tentatively scheduled to ship on 03/30. The R11 fairway will ship on 04/08.

Thanks much and appreciate your patience.

Charlie

Talk about fantastic customer service!!
You can't get any better than that!

Good stuff. Gotta love TM's customer service, in my experiences at least!

You know, pre-2.0's I was playing Rifle 6.0 shafts in my irons, and I recently went through a fairly in depth iron shaft fitting, in which I learned that the KBS Xstiff shafts are great for me, yet the 85g stiff shafts in the Burner 2.0's work fantastically for me. It's amazing how high they launch, how far the ball carries, yet how low the spin #'s were for me. It almost makes you stand there and scratch your head. I guess my point is: even though I know what iron shafts are great for me, I'm not so sure I'd take the stock shafts out of the 2.0's as they just flat out perform.

I can't compare them to the irons you have listed b/c I haven't hit the G15's and I haven't hit the Razr Tours outside. The Razr Tours felt softer to me, that's for sure.

Thanks for the response TC. Interesting numbers with those results!?!?! I believe P4B said the same thing about not changing shafts earlier. Great info all in all in this thread and its taken quite some time to get through!

In the end, I just need to get out and hit them. Hopefully my home course gets a TM or Callaway demo day...

Well I'm in the burner brotherhood as of today the 6-PW are on the way to Florida :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Well I'm in the burner brotherhood as of today the 6-PW are on the way to Florida :)

Congrats!!
I'm sure you are as excited as I am to get them.

Congrats!

I'm shopping for mine as we speak. Still paralyzed by paranoia about getting some part of this wrong - shaft in particular. Is there a typical miss for a too "soft" iron shaft? high, low, right, left or is it different for everyone?

Congrats, hopefully I'll be able to submit my application for inclusion soon!!!

Woot Woot! Congrats on the new sticks! So are they going to be replacing your old irons????

Woot Woot! Congrats on the new sticks! So are they going to be replacing your old irons????

Nope, just an additional set unless I get better performance. They are very similar to my mizzys though, I like options.

Nope, just an additional set unless I get better performance. They are very similar to my mizzys though, I like options.

Congrats bro, you old club ho :D!

Good gawd !!

I sent my email order for these clubs this morning at 6:47 am PST.
Less than 3 hours later, I just got an email from TM with this news....

Bill,

I’ve placed your order this morning for the Burner 2.0 irons and R11 fairway.
Here is your pricing summary.
Note a minor change because of the upcharge for your Golf Pride New Decade grip requests.
The Burner 2.0 irons are tentatively scheduled to ship on 03/30. The R11 fairway will ship on 04/08.

Thanks much and appreciate your patience.

Charlie

Talk about fantastic customer service!!
You can't get any better than that!

Congrats DD, enjoy them. TM Customer Service is top notch, they took great care of me when i had issues with my R11.

Congrats!

I'm shopping for mine as we speak. Still paralyzed by paranoia about getting some part of this wrong - shaft in particular. Is there a typical miss for a too "soft" iron shaft? high, low, right, left or is it different for everyone?

Slightly off topic-My husband wanted me to tell you again how much he loves his 2.0 and thinks you will love yours, too. He told me this on Sunday after he hit a great iron shot!

You will love them! My husband plays the 6-AW and tells me every day how awesome they are. I am looking forward to reading about how much you like them after you get them into play.

I think I need a job working for Taylormade since I keep talking about how great their equipment is!

Last edited:
Back