Someonescoat Journey to Single Handicap

Seeing you play a variety of courses, do you find the different holes and different requirements are helping when you play a familiar course and vice versa? both experience with certain shots and the demands for new ones?

From a broader standpoint, the pars seem to be getting more frequent as do the bogies...great to watch. Enjoy the journey amigo

Some pretty courses out your way!

Seeing you play a variety of courses, do you find the different holes and different requirements are helping when you play a familiar course and vice versa? both experience with certain shots and the demands for new ones?

From a broader standpoint, the pars seem to be getting more frequent as do the bogies...great to watch. Enjoy the journey amigo
I definitely could just find a course with mainly dogleg rights and have a higher chance of playing well off the tee haha. Heron Lakes was food cause they certainly aren't shy with the bunkers. I think I only found 2 all round yesterday but being forced to chip or approach over then will help in the future.

I think my scores could go lower if I just stuck to the same course though. Whether it was Forest Hills or anywhere.

Is this the one you got made for you or a different one?
I got ghis one from a FB group. I went to Bettinardi but they didnt have any Hive putters with skulls in a shape I like. This guy had this one at a good price so I snagged it!

Had a very solid range session yesterday. Chipping is still an issue.

Hitting up a course today that I haven't played on quite some time but is maybe the course I've played most. First time playing since lessons. Hoping it goes well!

Oh man. What a slow round! That being said, just a really decent score, though Par is only 70 from where I was playing. I left ALOT out there too. And trying to force the driver is making things so much more diffcult when I can hit my hybrid much better. Putting wasn't great today but lag puttting was fantastic. Easily the best I've ever scored on this course. I think by over 10 strokes.

Screenshot_20220814-210616_Gmail.jpg

Also, first round without losing a ball! Haha. Yes!

Playing lesson at 8:20 am tomorrow. I don't do well with early tee tines so we will see how it goes! Excited to focus in on some issues with my instructor. Driver and chipping mainly. Work on greenside bunkers too. Then get a lesson in early next week before the Bourbon Bash!

Playing lesson at 8:20 am tomorrow. I don't do well with early tee tines so we will see how it goes! Excited to focus in on some issues with my instructor. Driver and chipping mainly. Work on greenside bunkers too. Then get a lesson in early next week before the Bourbon Bash!
You've got this! Keep after it!

I'm sorry for your loss. This is a wonderful way to remember him.
Here's how you get to single-digits: work on your swing until hitting a fairway and hitting a green, say from 150 yards in, is an expectation. Then switch to the short game to get you the rest of the way. Long pitches hit the green. Greenside chips and approach putts get you close enough for easy pars. If you can do all that, you'll achieve your goal. Lessons might be required.

Playing lesson went great today! Instructor said a couple funny things. One thing he was surprised with was we've never worked on putting. But he figured me saying my putting is fine was BS since the vast majority of people he works with say that but need tons of help. He said me stroke is super good and good face balance. Doesn't need to touch it. I had some really poor holes and shots today bit had some truly astounding shots. I had to 3 or 4 approach shots be withint 5 ft of the hole. My approach on Hole 2 from 176 yards was withing 3 ft of the hole. Other bright spot today was 30 putts. And I had 4 that lipped out lol.

Just some squirrely shots here and there and early morning rounds and I are not friends. First time playing this course as well. Overall a great day. Next lesson is Tuesday right before the Bourbon Bash next weekend!

Screenshot_20220817-134424_Gmail.jpg

Playing another round today. Have one tomorrow and Saturday as well. When the cat's away, the mouse will play!

Playing another round today. Have one tomorrow and Saturday as well. When the cat's away, the mouse will play!

what tracks?

did you get to play Langdon before they took the teeth out or was that your first one? and how much did you love the volcano hole par 3 on 6? :) Langdon is still very good track for sure and fun one to play., Hitting green from 176 on 2 is no joke, depending on where your drive was, if too far left that is blind shot and that green slants so hard it often doesn't hold so that is a tremendous shot and well done. Keep those up and you will get there quickly

what tracks?

did you get to play Langdon before they took the teeth out or was that your first one? and how much did you love the volcano hole par 3 on 6? :) Langdon is still very good track for sure and fun one to play., Hitting green from 176 on 2 is no joke, depending on where your drive was, if too far left that is blind shot and that green slants so hard it often doesn't hold so that is a tremendous shot and well done. Keep those up and you will get there quickly
Green Back at Heron today. Mint Valley up in Longview, WA tomorrow and Eastmoreland on Saturday. Pretty much where I could find the good deals haha

First time at Langdon was yesterday but my instructor was pointing out where the fun stuff used to be. The Par 3 on 6 had a forward pin and I went hyper aggressive. I was about 5 inches short of being perfect, but wasn't so it rolled all the way down haha. My drive on 2 went right and was on a hill. I struck it so pure though.

Green Back at Heron today. Mint Valley up in Longview, WA tomorrow and Eastmoreland on Saturday. Pretty much where I could find the good deals haha

First time at Langdon was yesterday but my instructor was pointing out where the fun stuff used to be. The Par 3 on 6 had a forward pin and I went hyper aggressive. I was about 5 inches short of being perfect, but wasn't so it rolled all the way down haha. My drive on 2 went right and was on a hill. I struck it so pure though.

ah good old Mint Valley. Guy I am playing tournament with Saturday lives close to it so I play it a lot. I think of 5, 6, and 7 as clown holes...and the rest of it is a tremendously cool track. Enjoy!

Yesterday wasn't a good day. We don't talk about it.

Today was a decent day. Had some great and not great shots. Putting was so close to being good. So many burnt edges. But just couldn't get them to drop.

Screenshot_20220819-192746_Gmail.jpg
My glove didn't help me avoid bogeys
20220819_132730.jpg

Yes, two 0 putts. Chipped in twice today so that was cool!

Day 4 in a row! I'm definitely taking tomorrow off haha. Let's hope going low is on the menu today

Bit of a gross round today but I can't be too mad. I was exhausted today. 4 days of golf, 3 of them walking. 5 of 7 days this week of golf. Had fun still and tried some different shot shaping abd trying a few different kinds of shots hurt my score in that aspect but fun stuff to try. One of the dou le pars was just me in the sand in the worst lie I could imagine. Literally couldn't get it out of a cove under the lip.
Screenshot_20220820-183749_Gmail.jpg

Played today and 3 days in Kentucky. KY was a bit rough for me 2 of the days but what a great time it was! Here are my 4 Grint score cards from the rounds
Screenshot_20220831_165233.jpg
Screenshot_20220831_165248.jpg
Screenshot_20220831_165217.jpg
Screenshot_20220831_145352.jpg

James love following the journey. Just seeing your scorecards time and time again show that someone with the want to get better and willing to learn can improve their game really quickly. Keep up the good work!

great round at Chehalem...net 68 never something to be sad about. Jealous of you getting to play in Kentucky, I love the new courses. Keep it rolling

Was able to get out today. First 3 holes took an hour... Not my favorite lol. Then I cruised past the slow people ans it got much faster. Overall average day but had some pretty good shots. Putting was poor though. Just super slow greens. Screenshot_20220903_201430.jpg

Back