Someonescoat Journey to Single Handicap

I promise I'm not dead! Just bought a home and closing Wednesday. About a 12 day turnaround. I've been prepping the house for new flooring before wife and kiddo get there. Hoping to have a new 18 to show you after settled in. Just need to find a good course in the area! Here are some before pics. Rooms painted but no flooring yet.
Floor installers are going to roll some kilz everywhere cause the place has definitely seen better days haha. I fly home tomorrow and the move will happen the 3rd!20221121_125117.jpg20221121_125054.jpg20221121_125043.jpg20221121_125036.jpg20221121_125029.jpg20221121_125022.jpg20221121_125124.jpg

Good luck.

best of luck. idaho if I recall? if so will hit you up if I ever make it to the floating island
I'll be around the Boise area. Will definitely be posting the courses in here so you can decide how they look!

Well it's been over a month and I've only been able to hit some balls at the range once. It was 35 degrees out and the geound was hard as a rock haha. But overall, I didn't do as poorly as I thought I would. I am really itching to get out to a course here. Idaho seems pretty decent on the course options in my area.

Been MIA for a bit. Went to the Boise golf show and hit a ton of clubs.

Srixon 7s were awesome. Loved loved their hybrid. Cleveland blade wedge felt great as well.
Paradyms were really nice looking with good feel.
Hit Cobra for the first time ever. Liked the irons but really liked the Aerojet.
Mizuno JPX Tours felt like 🧈
Got fitted into Bridestone RX balls with their Otto robot.

Super small show compared to PDX but enjoyed
it! Was able to learn more about golf in the area.

Been MIA for a bit. Went to the Boise golf show and hit a ton of clubs.

Srixon 7s were awesome. Loved loved their hybrid. Cleveland blade wedge felt great as well.
Paradyms were really nice looking with good feel.
Hit Cobra for the first time ever. Liked the irons but really liked the Aerojet.
Mizuno JPX Tours felt like 🧈
Got fitted into Bridestone RX balls with their Otto robot.

Super small show compared to PDX but enjoyed
it! Was able to learn more about golf in the area.
Nice. But you already have such nice clubs.

Nice. But you already have such nice clubs.
Well certainly. But for me, its expanding my knowledge of the game and different brands. Realistically, there are alot of clubs/shafts etc ive never touched. Never hit anything but a Srixon driver before today. Nothing from Cobra either. Just cause my clubs are nice doesn't mean they are best for me I guess. I hit some other driver shafts and can say the feel was off for me. Hard for me to just start golf and know what my driver shaft does for me and how it effected me and my swing. After tonight, I can say for that my Linq is the best fit for me by far.

I did request Recoils for each tester though haha. Can't hit anything but them. Biggest improvement to my game was those shafts.

Well certainly. But for me, its expanding my knowledge of the game and different brands. Realistically, there are alot of clubs/shafts etc ive never touched. Never hit anything but a Srixon driver before today. Nothing from Cobra either. Just cause my clubs are nice doesn't mean they are best for me I guess. I hit some other driver shafts and can say the feel was off for me. Hard for me to just start golf and know what my driver shaft does for me and how it effected me and my swing. After tonight, I can say for that my Linq is the best fit for me by far.

I did request Recoils for each tester though haha. Can't hit anything but them. Biggest improvement to my game was those shafts.
I totally get that. I was being a little coy. I love cobra. They have done really well. Obviously I want to check out the Paradym drivers and fairways. All Srixon looks great too. Then mizuno and titlest and Taylormade.

I totally get that. I was being a little coy. I love cobra. They have done really well. Obviously I want to check out the Paradym drivers and fairways. All Srixon looks great too. Then mizuno and titlest and Taylormade.
I definitely feel like I dont love my woods. My hybrid I like by I feel like I could get some improvement possibly on that side.

How's the grind?

How's the grind?
Non-existent haha. The weather has no been kind since moving here. In the 20's and snowing every week for a day. It's getting better though but timing is everything so just as the weather is improving, my wife is due to have or second in 3 weeks haha. I'm actually planning on going out for a round tomorrow if I can manage. I've got the M7 all charged up and ready to go. Only been to the range once since November though and no rounds since then either.

It's why I've been drinking so much whiskey. Need something to keep me warm and drink my troubles away! :ROFLMAO:

Non-existent haha. The weather has no been kind since moving here. In the 20's and snowing every week for a day. It's getting better though but timing is everything so just as the weather is improving, my wife is due to have or second in 3 weeks haha. I'm actually planning on going out for a round tomorrow if I can manage. I've got the M7 all charged up and ready to go. Only been to the range once since November though and no rounds since then either.

It's why I've been drinking so much whiskey. Need something to keep me warm and drink my troubles away! :ROFLMAO:
Dude congrats on the new edition. Its no driver but probably will give you more joy!

Dude congrats on the new edition. Its no driver but probably will give you more joy!
I'm scared haha. One is hard. Two is gonna be difficult initially. But we are excited too

Have a week old baby but was able to get out to the range yesterday. It went surprisingly well! The wind was really furious though but I think I really only have 5 really bad misses. All the rest if I hit on the course would've been solid shots for me. The weather is slowly improving here and I can't wait to get out for a round.

The weather and timing finally worked out! Of course, it went exactly as it should've, which was catastrophic haha. Didn't get a chance to range before which compounded things. Worst round in awhile but it felt so nice to get out there. Playing in a scramble in less than a month so I definitely need to get out there a couple more times.

We out here. Doing much better than the other day

20230422_163737.jpg

Had my best front 9 ever. Best striking the ball I've ever done. Only 1 really bad blowup hole. BUT WORST PUTTING EVER.

Man. I legitimately think I should've broke 80 today. Back 9 was a massacre as the course was slower than molasses after the turn. Probably 10 min between shots atleast.

But man, if I can hit the ball like I did today on the front, things are looking way up.

Screenshot_20230422_204358_TheGrint.jpg

Had my best front 9 ever. Best striking the ball I've ever done. Only 1 really bad blowup hole. BUT WORST PUTTING EVER.

Man. I legitimately think I should've broke 80 today. Back 9 was a massacre as the course was slower than molasses after the turn. Probably 10 min between shots atleast.

But man, if I can hit the ball like I did today on the front, things are looking way up.

View attachment 9173492
Dang!! That’s a great front, even with those 3 3 putts!

A pretty ok round today. Wish my wedges weren't so bad today. It's always something new! Putting was good though and knock on wood, I think I can hit my driver!

Screenshot_20230503_194728_Gmail.jpg

Back