Someonescoat Journey to Single Handicap

Oh man I feel bad about missing this thread yesterday, but that's not going to stop me from popping in to say congratulations on the awesome progress! I also think it's awesome that you honored your father in that way - I'm sure he is very proud of you.

I'm also thrilled that you chose to share your experience and progress with us; hopefully more of us will get to share the experience with you in person in the future!

That is some great progress mate, well done - and throwing a birdie in there as well just puts the cherry on top! Keep at it, and keep it fun. I love the journey and the story, well done.

So is this journey gonna move super fast or super slow now @Someonescoat with respect to your post in the Happy Thread? lol!

So is this journey gonna move super fast or super slow now @Someonescoat with respect to your post in the Happy Thread? lol!
Extra fast! 8 months of freedom left.

In regards to this update thread, I hit the range yesterday cause my driver was veering back to my old issues. I really focused in and think I found out what I was doing wrong. With so many things to remember I forgot to come inside out which brought my slice back. Fixed it last night until I forget again haha

What a great journey @Someonescoat you will get you goal no doubt! I look forward to watching it happen.

Out playing a new course today! Will post grint after

First hole i turned a burdie into a bogey. Second hole I snagged a two putt par. Here is hole 3. 425 yard par 416586013695008993098553237597828.jpg

Nice looking course. And a beautiful day to boot

Rough day off the tee. As usual. I just cant transfer range with driver to course with driver. Not sure what to do. Putted decent though and had fun!
Screenshot_20220723-162610_Gmail.jpg

i would also add...Camas Meadows and Red Tail are both fairly penal on any miss. If you want to hit up say...meriwether, you might find it a bit easier even on the misses. You have the length to get where you hope to be so learning the ins and outs of your swing is key.

How much longer you here in the PDX area? I am hitting meriwether with a friend Saturday, but almost always up for 36 if you want to play around 5, let me know.

Best of luck regardless on your work and hope to play a round with you again some day
Hey, I couldnt play that late today but always open for a round if I can make it happen. Looks like curveball after curveball is being thrown my way. Now it appears I'm not moving anywhere... I have no idea what is going on in my life lol.

Hey, I couldnt play that late today but always open for a round if I can make it happen. Looks like curveball after curveball is being thrown my way. Now it appears I'm not moving anywhere... I have no idea what is going on in my life lol.

how did you like Quail? Personally big fan of it. But I know some people that don't care for it. #2 (if you played on weeked, would be 11 for you as they flip the nines on the weekends and holidays) is a great risk/reward hole.

we will definitely have to get out there again though. Playing the tournament up at Elk Ridge Saturday and then my nephews 18th b-day party following saturday, but if you are around after that let me know.

how did you like Quail? Personally big fan of it. But I know some people that don't care for it. #2 (if you played on weeked, would be 11 for you as they flip the nines on the weekends and holidays) is a great risk/reward hole.

we will definitely have to get out there again though. Playing the tournament up at Elk Ridge Saturday and then my nephews 18th b-day party following saturday, but if you are around after that let me know.
I really enjoyed Quail. Would definitely play there again. Good look at thw tourney! Haven't 0layed Elk Ridge but I have heard nothing but great things

You staying in Portlandia... Man I hope everything gets worked out.

I really enjoyed Quail. Would definitely play there again. Good look at thw tourney! Haven't 0layed Elk Ridge but I have heard nothing but great things

I am just hoping the wind stays down. When it is light wind, Elk is ton of fun. But when it is windy...that does not work well with my towering ball flight when I am hitting the ball well. I tend to...uh...not score well.

I will be tracking your progress on here, good luck with the cap journey

Hit the sim today. I get pretty chunky on it at times. Started the round with 4 straight pars but then fell apart. A bit cause the short game on these things makes zero sense to me.

Driver is still a messy swing for me. Crazy how hard it is for me to get under the ball
View attachment 61568_20220727160952_T2.mp4

Hit the sim today. I get pretty chunky on it at times. Started the round with 4 straight pars but then fell apart. A bit cause the short game on these things makes zero sense to me.

Driver is still a messy swing for me. Crazy how hard it is for me to get under the ball
View attachment 9107366
Sim golf is always a trip, dont stress on it too much. Keep putting in work and you will get where you want to be before you know it. You have tons of potential from what i saw when we played, so i believe in you accomplishing your goals.

View attachment 9107366

Nice swing! I am in for this ride, I love how you jumped in full tilt. I think its a great way to honor your Dad. It's a great game that bonds generations. I learned to play with my grandfather and father in Portland OR believe it or not. Our closest course was Progress Downs (now RedTail) in Beaverton. Crazy good first golf memories.

Good luck, and keep those par trains rollin!

Heading out in a bit. Riding today since like a dummy I forgot my M7 remote. Probably for the best as my back is acting up quite a bit. Not aure I should walk anyways.

Well, tough day. Started out rough. Finished even rougher. I'm at a point where I lack any confidence off the tee and the bunker. Need to figure it out. My putting has been really good thoufh so that is nice.

Screenshot_20220730-161323_Gmail.jpg

31 putts is definitely a positive 👊. Keep grinding my man.

Heading out to a new (to me) course today. Hoping to get back to my low 90s play. Been really struggling as of late.

Heading out to a new (to me) course today. Hoping to get back to my low 90s play. Been really struggling as of late.
Keep at it. The swing will come back. Been fun to follow and looking forward to Bourbon Bash.

Course today is Wildwood

20220731_132354.jpg

Ok. Today was HOT. Putter wasn't my friend today though. Odd occurrence of me just pushing everything which is the opposite of my normal miss. Not worried about that. Chipping within 30 yards is awful. I'm just too scared and hit it like 7 yards. Again, mental that i need to get over. Tee shots were actually good today in a way. Unfortunately I was playing my fade and I was hitting them straight. Even had some snap hooks. Really need to get consistent. The course is tight, so even though it's on the shorter side, it wasnt easy. Had a blast though and the heat played a factor for sure. Club slipped a few times due to massive amounts of sweat and just exhaustion over all. Not happy with the score but I had a great time and hit quite a few really, really good shots.

Screenshot_20220731-195544_TheGrint.jpg

Last edited:
Back