Someonescoat Journey to Single Handicap

Ok. Today was HOT. Putter wasn't my friend today though. Odd occurrence of me just pushing everything which is the opposite of my normal miss. Not worried about that. Chipping within 30 yards is awful. I'm just too scared and hit it like 7 yards. Again, mental thay i need to get over. Tee shots werw actually good today in a way. Unfortunately I was playing my fade and I was hitting them straight. Even had some snap hooks. Really need to get consistent. The course is tight, so even though it's on the shorter side, it wasnt easy. Had a blast though and the heat played a factor for sure. Club slipped a few times due to massive amounts of sweat and just exhaustion over all. Not happy with the score but I had a great time and hit quite a few really, really good shots.

View attachment 9108427
I applaud you getting out in this heat. I went to the range this morning and I was sweating before I even got to a spot to hit! Hard to play well when you're tired and sweaty. Keep at it, you'll get that consistency I know it!!

I applaud you getting out in this heat. I went to the range this morning and I was sweating before I even got to a spot to hit! Hard to play well when you're tired and sweaty. Keep at it, you'll get that consistency I know it!!
Thanks! I have a playing lesson on Wednesday so I had to get out so I don't waste the lesson lol. Not ideal temperature but I made it out alive.

Thanks! I have a playing lesson on Wednesday so I had to get out so I don't waste the lesson lol. Not ideal temperature but I made it out alive.

Wildwood is a personal favorite. Grew up playing the front nine and it is among my top 5 most played courses. Glad to see you rolling that track. 1,3 and 9 are likely my favorite, you have the distance to come close to driving nine...hope you enjoyed it

Can't wait to hear about the playing lesson.

@Someonescoat I don't know why or how I missed this thread. I love it! Keep grinding! You've got what it takes to get to your goals, you just have to put it all together. I'll be watching you and when we get together again I hope you destroy me!

Wildwood is a personal favorite. Grew up playing the front nine and it is among my top 5 most played courses. Glad to see you rolling that track. 1,3 and 9 are likely my favorite, you have the distance to come close to driving nine...hope you enjoyed it
I was about 15 yards short of driving 2 yesterday. And i can drive 9 if I was accurate haha. Gonna try again next time!

I did enjoy it. Super happy I didn't walk it. It was a very fun course.

Last edited:
@Someonescoat I don't know why or how I missed this thread. I love it! Keep grinding! You've got what it takes to get to your goals, you just have to put it all together. I'll be watching you and when we get together again I hope you destroy me!
You missed this thread because you were Goodwill hunting, duh! Lol

I have faith you will get there. Just don't forget to continue to have fun (I doubt you do this, lol), but I lost a lot of fun in the game chasing a handicap a while back. I've seen you play and you will be single digit before long!

Hey keep working at it and you will get there @Someonescoat

Look forward to more updates !

my journey to single cap has been very long, like whole life, and treacherous to those around me and my wallet.

No playing lesson for me tomorrow. Not sure what really happened but my instructor said they pushed us aside.

Bad putting. Even worse chipping leaves for a very bad round haha. I had some reaply really great shots but was held back big time by the short game. The greens were sooooo slow compared to what I have been playong and I simply couldn't adjust.
Screenshot_20220803-163312_Gmail.jpg

how did you like Eastmoreland? if you are a fan, try Rose City. if not...good track to stay away from. Also, Eastmoreland has the most aggressive squirrels in PDX...lol

how did you like Eastmoreland? if you are a fan, try Rose City. if not...good track to stay away from. Also, Eastmoreland has the most aggressive squirrels in PDX...lol
It was ok. A bit dead in spots cause of all the heat. Had some fun holes on the back 9. I've played Rose City a couple times and that one is good for the price too.

I am open this saturday depending on time and place. playing today probably around noon at Meriwether. did their monthly pass again so gotta get value :cool:
Nice! Tomorrow is a no go from me. But we wilo make it happen when we can!

Had an absolutely awesome range session just now. Certainly some mis-hits every once in awhile be really worked on shallowing out the takeaway and transferring power from the ground to my front leg.

I need to get out and play ASAP. The withdrawels are real haha

Last edited:
Playing a new to me course today! Heron Lakes Greenback Course. Need to get there early since it's been a couple days since I've hit. Playing a new putter today so need some time with this beauty too! Screenshot_20220707-165113_Facebook.jpg

Also, got my new band from Shotscope so really hoping the shot tracking works. Would like to share that in this thread going forward.

Also, got my new band from Shotscope so really hoping the shot tracking works. Would like to share that in this thread going forward.

Greenback is one of, if not completely, Franks' favorite tracks in PDX. I enjoy it as well. Hit em straight! Let me know how you like #1...entertaining hole.

Greenback is one of, if not completely, Franks' favorite tracks in PDX. I enjoy it as well. Hit em straight! Let me know how you like #1...entertaining hole.
One was interesting! Skied my driver than went hybrid. Tried and cut the corner. Caught the cartpath and ended up just short and right of the green on the wrong side of the cart path. Ended up wuth a par though so not bad

On this journey, how do you reconcile the dumpster fire rounds?

Asking for a friend.....

Today was a tale of two golfers. I believe this was the most para I've ever had. Putting was fantastic. First time with it and love it. Had a terrible rhythm of par followed by triple bogey followed by par followed by triple bogey on and on. Just so odd. Hit some really really fantastic shots though.

Screenshot_20220810-211140_Gmail.jpg

On hole 8, my phone fell into my putter well. I couldn't get it out. Even at home I couldn't. I had to rip the fabric inside the putter well to get it. Not ideal but lesson learned. Frick.

Playing a new to me course today! Heron Lakes Greenback Course. Need to get there early since it's been a couple days since I've hit. Playing a new putter today so need some time with this beauty too! View attachment 9111362
What’s the face and top side look like on that beauty, that sole is gorgeous

Back