Simulator Golf, I don’t get it.

Thats about right time wise.
And to think that 2nd hole at the MC took that long haha
That's cause Sim golf isn't Real golf.
It's in the name!

I play in a sim league, I wish I could shoot like I do there. I have never shot +4 for 9. But I have in sim golf.
It's like 80% real golf. You can't sim the Uneven/Buried lies or the myriad of other conditions that makes this game so much fun.

40 Minutes for 18? That seems way too fast.
I wish there was a way to play a round in under 3 hours but I also don't want to rush my way thru a round with friends.
Life's too short to not slow down and Enjoy your time with friends without being Slow.

I have never tried but wouldn't mind having one in my garage or basement if I had the space. Season ends early in the northeast, be nice to hit balls in the winter

I think I might be one of the few people who do not see the appeal of simulator golf.
I might understand it for those who cannot play because of winter. Yet I see people who play it during summer.
Is it just me?
One positive aspect of simulator golf is that shot carry yardage seems to increase at least 10% from on-a-real-golf-course shots. For example who carries his 7-iron shot 150 yards on the golf course will on a simulator record a 7-iron carry of 165 yards or more.

• WTF
Reactions: JB
That's cause Sim golf isn't Real golf.
It's in the name!

I play in a sim league, I wish I could shoot like I do there. I have never shot +4 for 9. But I have in sim golf.
It's like 80% real golf. You can't sim the Uneven/Buried lies or the myriad of other conditions that makes this game so much fun.

40 Minutes for 18? That seems way too fast.
I wish there was a way to play a round in under 3 hours but I also don't want to rush my way thru a round with friends.
Life's too short to not slow down and Enjoy your time with friends without being Slow.
If you followed the MC you would understand where that was coming from. There was one particular moment that time stood still involving jdtox's group.

I pay 250.00 per year and 20.00 per hour for Trackman sim. I'll pop in during the summer to check impact conditions and spin once in a while. Winter I only spend 10-20 hours a week there. LOL I come out of the gate in the spring kicking tail because I haven't skipped a beat, while most other guys on the leagues haven't touched a club but a few times over the winter.

I use/rent a sim for practice, mostly before season starts. I love it for practice, never play a round. No comparison to hitting balls at range even if weather was good. You can work on any part of your game, path, club face, speed and get good feedback. Great in winter and cold spring, Ill use it in summer if needed.

In Boston area having the SIM is fun and definitely helpful for practice. I use the skytrak apps and some gspro apps. do not play many courses but would be up for it.

I don't get it either. If I still lived up at 7500' in SW Colorado, I could spend close to the money it costs to outfit and maintain, or pay to rent, a simulator, or just drive down to Scottsdale to play a round or two of real golf. Now, I live in Arizona where we can play pretty much year-round, so I don't have any interest.

Last edited:
I don't get it either. If I still lived up at 7500' in SW Colorado, I could spend close to the money it costs to outfit and maintain, or pay to rent, a simulator, or just drive down to Scottsdale to play a round or two of real golf. Now, I live in Arizona where we can play pretty much year-round, so I don't have any interest.
Pagosa Springs

An architect friend designed his own home with high ceilings in a few rooms specifically to use one as a sim room. The times I've gotten to use it, I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, there's nowhere in my house, not even the garage, with a ceiling high enough. I'm keeping in mind his setup has the finest equipment, probably around a $25,000 investment.

We are considering moving to NC when my wife retires, so we are closer to our daughter. A lot of houses we looked at there featured what they called a loft, basically one big room upstairs, with very high ceilings where a sim could be easily installed. My wife even mentioned it before I could say it. I've never gotten to play as much as I would like and all I can do in Miami is burn up hitting balls into my net in the backyard. I'd love to have a simulator setup. In more recent days since my friend built his, it looks like some reasonably nice could be built for around $6000. I'd be thrilled with that.

An architect friend designed his own home with high ceilings in a few rooms specifically to use one as a sim room. The times I've gotten to use it, I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, there's nowhere in my house, not even the garage, with a ceiling high enough. I'm keeping in mind his setup has the finest equipment, probably around a $25,000 investment.

We are considering moving to NC when my wife retires, so we are closer to our daughter. A lot of houses we looked at there featured what they called a loft, basically one big room upstairs, with very high ceilings where a sim could be easily installed. My wife even mentioned it before I could say it. I've never gotten to play as much as I would like and all I can do in Miami is burn up hitting balls into my net in the backyard. I'd love to have a simulator setup. In more recent days since my friend built his, it looks like some reasonably nice could be built for around $6000. I'd be thrilled with that.
Tons of different THPers SIM set ups in this thread. Some price reasonable. Just depends how deep you want to go.

Reactions: JB
Back