Simulator Golf, I don’t get it.

Nope I’m not really a fan either. I will use them for practice sessions when the weather isn’t cooperative though

It doesn't replace real on turf golf. Same as topgolfish stuff.

Still can be, and is, fun.

I think I might be one of the few people who do not see the appeal of simulator golf.
I might understand it for those who cannot play because of winter. Yet I see people who play it during summer.
Is it just me?
I dont play it often, because, no winter. But, when I have played I have quite enjoyed it. Just fun to hit balls in a casual atmosphere, have a drink, banter with the boys and play some courses on a sim that you wouldnt play normally. Work on the swing, hit balls, have fun.

not huge fan but see it's appeal. a few drinks makes it more enjoyable for me...and i don't drink much on course.

It has its perks, but it’s not real golf. If it’s pouring outside though, or you’re under a foot of snow? Nah that sounds kinda fun, and it probably won’t take four hours.

I think very few would choose sim golf over regular golf. During the summer it may be to get numbers on a launch monitor.

I enjoy it when real golf isn’t possible.

I play it year round at home. I think people forget how hard it is to get to the golf course for some people. I can step outside for 30-60 minutes much easier than I can make a 20 minute drive, play a round (or even nine holes), and then drive home.

All things considered, I like both for different reasons.

You might catch me practicing on a simulator in the summer but you’ll never catch me playing a round of golf on one in the summer

It's perfect for us northerners in the winter, but like the majority, I'm on the course during the summer.

Real golf over SIM golf every time and it’s not even debatable. However like many said it can be more casual and be used to get swings in and work on rebuilding a swing. For those that have winters it can alliveate the weeks it takes to snap out of a winter slump.

What’s not to get? For those of us who have 4-6 month winter months where we cannot play outside it’s a way to keep the swing in somewhat shape. Is it the same ? Hard NO. But it’s better than nothing. My only issue is the cost, most places around here charging $50-60 per hour to play which is pretty much what I pay to play for 18 holes and anywhere from 3-4.5 hours of outdoor activity

Before we moved to Stillwater it was an hour plus drive to play golf. So sim rounds were very common. Could easily play a couple rounds on sim in the time it took driving to and from the course. Will it replace regular golf no but it does have its place.

About 10-12 years ago, there was a strong anti-sim sentiment out there on forums. You'd mention playing sim golf (in the winter) and get made fun of 😂

I think very few would choose sim golf over regular golf. During the summer it may be to get numbers on a launch monitor.

I enjoy it when real golf isn’t possible.
This. Once I get my setup back up at my new house I will thoroughly enjoy not having to go to a range anymore if I don't want to. Or to just go out to the garage on a Friday morning when it's in the 30s and play a course. It's a nice option to have, but doesn't beat real golf.

I agree that it is a last resort over real golf. I prefer hitting at a driving range of sim golf, too. I want to see res world results over a monitor.

Sim golf in your home is incredibly convenient and fun. It’s also a great environment to improve your swing and shot expectation. It supports real golf in a productive way.

When you only get max 8 months of golf it's a lifesaver in the winter. During the summer it's sometimes easier to squeeze in a sim round with family and work commitments, especially with a setup at home. While not as fun as say an average course, it's fun to play on courses you'll never set foot on.

You might consider going shirtless in my garage come summer time 🥵
Topless Topgolf ?? Might get some traction!

I love all golf. If it means I get to play even more golf year round, I’m in.

Especially in my garage with a tv on a game and a beer in my hand, hahaha

I love all golf. If it means I get to play even more golf year round, I’m in.

Especially in my garage with a tv on a game and a beer in my hand, hahaha
He would hate my thread I made on VR Golf with the Oculus...

Back